Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Brazil here I come...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Brazil here I come... Reply with quote

Have map to rescue the final family member (grand father) and it states "search southeast of Trinidad". Since Trinidad is in the extreme South east corner of the game world, the areas to search are very, very few so the task should be easy except for one thing... he's not there.

Spent a good amount of time searching the vicintity with no success.

Any tips or similiar experiences.

Sailor
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where did you search?
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: brazil cont Reply with quote

I have searched the South eastern shore of the island that Trinidad is on as well as the large land mass south of trinidad. The only land mark on map is shark cove but can find no such land mark in vicinity.

Something that may be relevant is that my grandfather may be a twin... there are 2 X's on the map both of which say location of grandfather... go figure...

Rolling Eyes
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulations!

You done found a NEW BUG.

On the PC there is a bug where if there is no little red X, there is no treasure/family member to be found!!!

On the XBox it looks like 2 X's means another kind of bug.

Have you checked out bothe X's??

Maybe there is no treasure to be found.

More bugs from Firaxis.
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: twins Reply with quote

unless there is some twist to the story it appears that grandpa is S.O.O.L.

The 2 X's are right next 2 each other so yeah i checked out both. It could be that when they shrunk the world for the xbox port they forgot to shrink the random maps generator to correspond.

One thing that comes to mind is i have yet to defeat the evil Baron at his stronghold south of Vera Cruz... ya think this might have to happen b4 the final family member can be rescued?????

Shocked

Kind of a bummer to run across this bug a foot from the finish line if ya know what I mean???? Reading

It makes me want to...well you know...shiver my timbers Guns Blazing Guns Blazing Exploding
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, another Firaxis Special.

Wouldn't expect them to do anything about it either.
They have an established history of non-patch with the PC version.

Too bad, because this kind of thing would have been discovered if the playtested their product.

(Not just during the early development stages, but after they made their numerous revisions before publishing.)
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is partly the problem Rupert. No actual play time on the finished product before release. Seems there is so much hype and Rush to release, not tomention greedy stockholders to answer to, that the product is not "polished" like they used to be. Again, with Atari poised to bail as soon as the initial hype was over there was little insentive to work on a patch as long as the game was playable.

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have much experience with Firaxis but judging from what Other xbox version users are putting up on other boards I guess we have a name for this.

Introducing (drum roll please)

THE TRINIDAD BUG

This means that if a map points to Trinidad and is part of the sequential main quest ladder the game cannot be completed. No work around is possible without a patch.

Reading
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overt Stipend wrote:
Don't have much experience with Firaxis but judging from what Other xbox version users are putting up on other boards I guess we have a name for this.

Introducing (drum roll please)

THE TRINIDAD BUG

This means that if a map points to Trinidad and is part of the sequential main quest ladder the game cannot be completed. No work around is possible without a patch.

Reading
Is Trinidad the key to the bug, or the Double Red X?
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost positive it has to do with Trinidad. Someone posted the same problem on another forum, he was looking for treasure not a lost relative. He did not say anything about 2 X's so I am presuming it is about Trinidad locale. He believes that the treasure is on a part of the map that is beyond the game world map. Given that Firaxis has shrunk the world on the xbox version he could very well be right.

I did email the problem to Firaxis, we wil see if they respond....
SirDrexl
Powder Monkey

239 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have encountered this as well. I am supposed to search "South of Trinidad" and the X is at the bottom of the map. Also, there is a landmark over to the left (Gallows Marsh) that I can't find at all, and I've been EVERYWHERE. I switched to third-person view, and sure enough, there is a landmark down in the landlocked area that I can't get close enough to get it to show the name of it. I think that's where I'm supposed to go, but I can't. I guess my long-lost aunt will have to stay lost.

Technically, the spot is within the game world (since I can see that landmark), it's just that you can't get to it because you can't walk on land.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No walk on land constitutes another game killing bug

No treasures, no Montalban, no lost relatives.
All that gone forever.

Have you tried ramming land when you are not near any settlement?

If you really can never walk on land, Firaxis needs to be refunding money.
SirDrexl
Powder Monkey

239 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still do those things in the game (unless you get a "bad" map as is the case here). The Xbox version will put the treasures and other things always at the edge of the land, so you get them as soon as you debark at the right spot. It's just that sometimes it will put something at an edge you cannot get to-the edge of the game map.
Overt Stipend
Powder Monkey

857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirDrexl wrote:
You can still do those things in the game (unless you get a "bad" map as is the case here). The Xbox version will put the treasures and other things always at the edge of the land, so you get them as soon as you debark at the right spot. It's just that sometimes it will put something at an edge you cannot get to-the edge of the game map.

You are right in what you say. It only gets complicated if the Trinidad map bug affects the sequential main quest (revenge) path. Then you are stuck and cannot progress to the next step. I think it means that you will not be able to get new info re: location of relatives or the location of Montalban's secret stronghold. Am I right on this?

In the 3 games I've tried so far the Trinidad map bug has been part of the main quest tree twice. ONce at the very end and once near the middle.

I was initially bummed to discover that the xbox version allows for no land exploration and still am. It makes the game world seem small to me and diminishes a central activity of the Pirate genre ie. the Treasure hunt.

With the Trinidad map bug fixed and land exploration added It would be in the top 3 of my favorite games and would go down (in my book) as an all time classic, brilliant in fact. As it stands c+

As I see it Firaxis has a choice - they can fix these 2 issues and move towards excellence or take the money and run into the realm of Mediocrity .
Let them know if you feel the same.

Wink
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did you file a complaint?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: