Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Roleplaying on a Roll
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Moved from RP?? Thread **

Arrrrrr..I arrived here on Cutlass Isle with but a small booty from my previous voyage. After a long voyage, I be mighty thirsty and lookin' for some rum and whatever else be available. 'The Salty Dog' be lookin' like a nice place to be hanging out while in town. There be a few hardy men there and after a bit of tempting (namely with the help of the rum) they be wantin' to be joinin' me in my next voyage. There also be an old retired pirate sittin' in the corner, with a talking parrot perched on his shoulder. After a small discussion, he offered to sell me his pride and joy for a small sum. This parrot could come in handy one day - being previously owned by another pirate, he might be able to spill the beans on certain treasure locations.

After sittin' in the tavern for some time, I decided it would be wise to leave with me crew and new friend (the parrot). I noticed I had been robbed (I presume by that nasty thief Falconer ) of my flag (avatar). I ventured down to the Vanity shop and noticed that my flag was now for sale. Geez - they're quick in this town. Maybe I spent too much time in the tavern. Anyways, I be buyin' back me flag ready to be placed at the top of me ship. That be a major problem for me at the moment - no ship. After my previous voyage, my beloved ship be not in good condition and needed to be sold off. Now I need a new one. I took a look around the shipwrights, but I have decided to earn some gold while in town to purchase a bigger ship for my next voyage. It may be some time yet though.

I decided to take a look around Kendrill's Store. He be the merchant here in this fair town, and a jolly good bloke at that. He had plenty of quality items in his store, includin' a map of the region. Although I'd been on a couple of voyages, I be not knowin' distatnt areas too well, and a map be a valuable asset on board my next voyage.

It be gettin' late in the evening now, so I be trying to find a place for some restful sleep. Hopefully my new friend will keep quiet during the night.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Moved from RP?? thread.**

Arr, thanks for sharin' ye story with us, KingWilly!

I am nothin but a humble (Ok, so I'm not humble) merchants son, who ran away from home after me dad threatened to marry me to a rich, but ugly, merchants daughter when I'd already betrothed myself to a beautiful young fisherwoman. So, I went to seek help from the governor of the area, one Governor Marriot, who told me that he'd been informed of his impending appointment to a little know place known as Cutlass Isle in about a month. So, I packed up my meager belongings and set out to scout Cutlass Isle for the gov in return for some lodgings and the beginnings of my own tavern. He seemed to quite like the place, and rewarded me for my service with a barrel of fine rum and a few bottles of mead to add to the stockpile I'd 'acquired' through the use of my trusty thieving monkey.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A parrot on my sholder, I disembark from the Merchantman that carried me from Port Royal to this strange island. Looking around the town, I find it almost deserted, just two people hanging around, in fact, there was hardly anything... How would seducing a beutiful woman, gaining high social status and wealth through Privateering be gained through this? I cursed that old sea dog in that tavern for telling me about this place, I certanly thought 45 gold for a meal was a bit to extravicent... But now that I am here, I might as well look for a Job or somthing, but most of all, I needed gold. Perhaps by joining one of the many pirate crews that pass through this place could lead me to sucsess, perhaps I should look for work in the Tavern or perhaps even as a guard to the Governer? Although I dont have a sword, I am skillful from my days as a boy as a cabin boy on a Dutch East India Company ship at Bavaria...

As I wandered the streets of this small town I passed the governers Mansion. Looking in, I saw his two beautiful daughters and felt depressed. The dowry I would have to pay thier father for thier hands in marrage was massive. I could most proberly never afford it. I sighed as I passed Kendralls quality goods. There was a mirror there, and I looked in it. I was scruffy, I would never get anyone this way. I looked in my gold pouch, seeing that I only had a few coins in there, and made a fateful decision, that I would sell Fluffy, my trusty parrot, and buy an article of Clothing.

In I went, and sold fluffy for 125 gold, and bought myself a green bandana. Feeling a bit happier, I wandered over to the "Salty Dog" and bought myself a drink. There, in the corner, on ythe stage, singing, I saw a beutiful woman. I asked the bar wrench to give her a drink on me, and she came over and talked. We talked all night, finding out her name was Amanda, but she told me little else about her background. I retired to bed, happy that things were finally going my way...

but when I awoke, I found 350 gold had dissapered from my gold pouch... I wonder who took it?

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***New Character***

A rougish figure lurks in the dark corners of the tavern... no one really recognizes him because he is being very quiet. The waitress doesn't even see him as she bustles from table to table trying to server everyone drinks and food. He is quite content that no one has bothered him yet as he stands over in his corner in a long dark cloak to help conceal his position better.

---Who is this rogue you may ask. Are you willing to approach this character to find out. Discerning figures as such should be approached with caution. You have been warned---
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I be wakin' up when the sun rises. The squaking of my new friend echoing in my head - it may not have been a good idea to purchase this parrot, whom I have yet to decide a name or indeed was not told of his name by the old retired pirate whom I purchased him from.

I be deciding that I need to be better protected while visiting this fair isle. The people be seeming friendly enough, but I'm sure that once your back is turned....
The Gov'ner has this town well defended, and the law around here be well presented. There be gallows not far from the port entrance in case there be any, shall we say, not so nice goings on.
Anyways, I be heading back to Kendrill's store to be buying meself a new quality cutlass. It be better to be armed in the case of any of the aforementioned goings on occur. I be fairly handy with a cutlass, and if needed, can defend myself well.

After purchasing the cutlass, I be headin' back to the tavern. There be a rogueish looking man be standin' in a corner. I hadn't noticed him before, so I don't know if he be there yesterday when I arrived. I decided that he may be of some usefulness in my next voyage - be it as a crew member, or maybe he had some advice or knowledge or news of the surrounding areas. As I mentioned previous, I know the local area well, but further out is anybodys guess. I walk up to him..

What is your name stranger? I ask...

AKA. Will Scarlett.

Last edited by KingWilly on Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Syrian***

Syrian looks over at the person walking up to him ... "hmmm...", he thinks to himself and proceeds to ponder how this man seems to have a sharp eye. He immediately noticed the squawking bird that he has seen before in a shop or a guy selling it but quickly puts his hand to his dagger and looks up as this man draws nearer. He hears the man speak, asking his name.
He glares at the man as he speaks very softly but very gurff "Syrian, and if ye wish to live I wun't go reapeating it." He looks the room over and notices no one else seems interested in him or the other man. He again with his beedy eyes sizes up the man knowing he could cut his throat with a swift cut from his dagger but not wanting to raise any alarm decides against it... for now. He quickly mulls over the events that lead him to this place and decides since this guy spotted me, mebe he can be of some use.
In a calmer and even more quiet tone he say, "What be ye business with me." not really wanting to give away too much information without getting more from this stranger that approached him. "and be quick bout it."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stranger answers me and be wantin' to know what my business be with him.

"Aye, sir. Ye be lookin' like a man who be knowing a bit about these parts" says I wantin' to get some details off this mysterious stranger.
"I haven't noticed ye around here before. Be ye from around here?" I ask hoping that if indeed he is from another island he may be able to shed some news on the place.

News from other islands in the area can be of great significance. Me crew be getting ready to be shoving off in search of plunder and adventure and any news from other far off (or nearby) lands can determine where we be heading - once I be visiting the shipwright and purchasing a ship.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked into the Salty Dog, hoping to pick up a job or some contacts with the local barkeep, when I notice that apart from one or two stragglers who clearly were still finishing off from yesterday, the only people in the bar were KingWilly, a man I'd met once before on a ship, and a suspiscious looking man in a long, dark cloak who was talking to Will. I moved to the table next to them, far enough away to look natural, but close enough to hear in the dim of the nearly-empty tavern. A cup of mead in hand, I listened surreptitiously as the man introduced himself as Sypian, or Synia, or was it Syrian...?
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Syrian***

Syrian noticed the tavern getting busy and more and more people noticing their conversation and decided to hurry up before any more stragglers bumped into his conversation. Syrian realizing he has yet to get the name of the person he is about to hire to help quickly asks his name "What be ye name and as for information you will get it if ye be willing to help me"
Syrian pushes the man in the back trying to hurry the man out of the tavern.

--- You willing to let this rogue figure lead you out of the tavern? Are you willing to find out what he wants. Doubts rise what this man wants but its up to you to find out---
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** New Character ***

(As our new friend(is he friend or foe) of the story Syrian was trying to get KW(don't know by what name your going by yet) out of the tavern a new straggler never before seen walked into the tavern and walked up to table and sat down with a man having a drink--directed towards Arrrr)

The guy had a a patch over one eye, a modest hat, and a noticible limp in the right leg... Obviously you can tell that this man was shady and strange but uniquely likeable when you looked into the old sea dogs eyes and face.... years of being out to sea the man was well weathered and looked intent to see if this pretty boy was the one he overheard at the store seeking work.
He motioned to the barmaid to grab him a drink and awaited that question that all young adventurers have when they first meet someone. After years of what he has been doing he has learned a patient way with the youth and stares at this boy and waits for him to start the conversation.

--- A strange shady man sits there awaiting your first move. Do you speak to the old sea dog. You were seeking work but so you want to do what this old sea dog might ask of you. Its all in your hands ---

Last edited by PiratesFan on Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

"Stop ye shovin' Mr. Syrian, why be ye in such a hurry?"
"My name be Will Scarlett"
It suddenly dawned on me that maybe I should head down to Kendrill's store and purchase myself a red bandana for myself and each of my hardy crew, who at the moment were somewhere outside drinking and playing some dice games. I would have to round them up shortly if I was going to start a voyage.

This Syrian, who looked far scruffier than me, was trying to push me out the front door of the tavern. He seemed to be in a bother about something. Maybe it had something to do with some of the new visitors to the tavern. Were they enemies? It seemed a possibility, as this strange man tried to hide his features as he pushed me onto the street. I needed to find out more. I needed to earn some gold before sailing off with me crew and this man had a proposition for me, that could come to something.

"I be willing to help ye this time, but I be handy with me Cutlass, so be making sure you be not double-crossing me, or ye be getting it - just be warned."

This mysterious man lead me away down the street. Where we were going I did not know.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Syrian***

Pressed for time he stares blankly at the threats as though he has heard them many times before. Pressed for time of other matters that he remembered. He leans close to Will.
"I dont have much time right now and don't need anyone else in me affairs, meet me at the docks midnight 2 days from now" Syrian quickly takes off not waiting Will Scarlets answer.

Syrian quickly dissapears even though not much bustle is happening on the streets. You can see him dodge to one side and then was gone.

--- Meeting at the docks on a midnight on a night when the new moon is at its peak. I hope your prepared for adventure if you do decide to show up ---
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

Mr. Syrian runs off after leaving me with the small task. Midnight. At the Docks. Two days from now. Whatever could all this be about. This strange man becomes stranger with each sentence. Typical pirate though - thinks about one thing and then half way through decides something else is important.

I was curious about what he wanted me to help him with. Should I just go down t the docks and find out what I could about goings on down there. I decided against it for now. There were other matters at hand that needed to be attended to. Firstly, a trip to Kendrill's store to buy a red bandana for myself and me crew. If we became well-known among these parts, we could be know as the Red Devils. The red bandana could be our trademark. Ships crews would be in fear whenever they saw us on the water. Arrrrrrr.

Mr. Kendrill was not in the store when I entered, but a pretty young lady was behind the counter. Maybe she was his daughter - I don't know. She was rather pleasant towards me. I'm not sure if was me who was interesting enough to look at, or my parrot friend on my shoulder. After some small talk, she showed me to the bandana section of the store. There were many colours, including red.

"I'll take them" says I, and after handing over enough gold for the purchase and some extra for this lovely lass. Maybe she could find out certain details for me if I treated her right. She was dismissive of my attempt to bar hera drink at the tavern, but then again, the tavern is no place for a nice young lady to be seen.

After leaving the store, I made my way back down to the shipwright to inspect the ships he had in stock. There sure were some beauties there, though many were out of my current price range. Maybe I could haggle the fellow down to a lower price, but from what I've heard about this man, he's steadfast in the prices quoted for his ships. I'll look anyway, I thought to myself.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strange and twisted ways of Mr Harvard

Harvard went up stairs and into a spare room, where he changed out of his pirate discuise and back into his wealthy mearchants clothes. Walking up the street to his luxury Villa overlooking the town, he saw that young pirate foolishly chasing a red headed pirate... things were working perfectly. The two heavily armed guards at the entrance to the villa stood to attention as he passed, and a butler informed him that the governor had dropped by for lunch... but had just left. Harvard shook his head, and walked downstairs to the celler. There were muffled cries from behind a heavy oak door. Harvard opened the door, to find amanda sitting there, hands tied behind her back, her mouth gagged. He smiled and said, 'I told you that working in that bar would cause problems. Harvard raised his hand and hit Amanda over the face, and grinned sadiricly, 'If you ever see that man again, I will kill you... but of course, he will not be around for long,' Harvard said, laughing as he shut the oak dook and walked up the stairs.

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Wolfen

I took a deep draught of my mead and leaned back in the chair, taking stock of the situation. As the tavern gradually became crowded during the later part of the day, more and more people had come into the tavern. One quite noticeable man had come in about midday, his face covered with blue tatoos and waist-length hair, matted into dreadlocks. After ordering a drink, he shouted at the barmaid, who had done nothing discernibly wrong, and then left without paying for or recieving his drink. The most important event for me, though had come later than that, when a weathered old pirate, clearly an experienced hand at the game, had limped slowly in, favouring the right leg. A patch over his left eye, the man wore generally modest clothing, apart from one detail, a dull gold chain, about as thick as a man's thumb, around his bare ankles.

Despite the fact that other empty tables were avaible, the man strolled over, a seaman's gait, and sat directly opposite me. I was prepared to wait as long as possible for him to start a coversation, but his unnering stare broke my resolve down after only a minute, and I looked into his eyes intently, and quietly spoke a single word. 'Yes?' I asked, quizzically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: