Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I Have 1.0.2 Mateys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FexFX
Powder Monkey

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did 1.0.1 remove the ability to attack citys from the ship?
or is that new in 1.0.2?
The book even says this feature was removed now....
I know in 1.0.0 you were able to fire your cannon at a city...you cant anymore...
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FexFX wrote:
I am not sure...but I THINK that MIGHT be a small violation of the EULA...I'll run it by my attourney and see what he thinks, and I'll haev my people contact your people...

Hehehe good reply there, had me smile Smile
miko
Powder Monkey

925 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FexFX wrote:
Did 1.0.1 remove the ability to attack citys from the ship?
or is that new in 1.0.2?
The book even says this feature was removed now....
I know in 1.0.0 you were able to fire your cannon at a city...you cant anymore...

pressing the space bar right ?
wasn't that good a feature anyway, it took down there wealth
imo it should have taken down the garrison, but that would have ment you could pound a town from the sea and make sacking a town way too easy.

still i don't like the precedent of them taking stuff out and calling it an improvement....

nice shots FexFX, thanks Wink

i have some questions -
can you still trade in cannon (ie add them to ships) ?

tell us your rank and describe the opposition and what happens in 'bar fights'

can you continually sack a town ?

any mention of the treasure fleet yet ?

Last edited by miko on Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
FexFX
Powder Monkey

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've played for quite a few hours today...

what do you mean "i.e. Add them to ships"?
the only ship with guns that mater as far as I can tell is the flagship...Am I missing something here?

I am a Duke now, on journeyman difficulty and the third most famous pirate in the world...I have taken out several of the pirates on the list including black beard and Jon Lafitte...and things are a bit easy...about to switch over to the next level of difficulty...tho every now and then I nearly lose, and I have been imprisoned once...fels about right for the second level of difficulty to me...Bar Fights seem no different than before, but I think they fixed the way the reward works...If I recall in 1.0.0, if no one wanted to join you before the fight she would say they want to join, but there would still be no one there...now there will be, even if you've already gained crew on this stop.

I have not tried to continually sack a Town, I will have to attempt this...

No mention of the Treasure fleet at all...

The good news is it feels more addictive than before even...
miko
Powder Monkey

925 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Cool

what i ment about the cannon is that on the xbox version you can't add cannon to a ship, if you capture an 12 gun Brig of War it will forever be a 12 gun Brig of War, firaxis said this extended the gameplay because you were now on the lookout for upgrades within the same ship class, i was really fearing it might have been added to the PC patch.

in patch 1.0.1 the bar fights were apparently with different characters depandant on your rank (although it was buggy), i don't know much about it as i have the UK version and 1.0.1 was US only.

have you started on the kill Ramondo 16 times thing yet ?
ruf
Seaman

899 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the "Take2 copyright" seems to be the only change. Never was able to attack a city by sea. I am able to recruit people before fighting the annoying captain of the guard. Defeating him adds 10 more people. You can recruit the people, fight the captain, then go back and get 10 more; fight the captain then recruit-- or if there is no-one to recruit, you can fight the captain then 10 people will show up.

The graphics options (in the screenshot) look the same.
Powder Monkey

925 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruf wrote:
So far the "Take2 copyright" seems to be the only change. Never was able to attack a city by sea. I am able to recruit people before fighting the annoying captain of the guard. Defeating him adds 10 more people. You can recruit the people, fight the captain, then go back and get 10 more; fight the captain then recruit-- or if there is no-one to recruit, you can fight the captain then 10 people will show up.

The graphics options (in the screenshot) look the same.

well i can shoot the citys from the sea and the extra recruits never show up
although they are infered by the barmaid.
are you running 1.0.1 US ?
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with Ruf. Guess I have the UK version, huh (Though the money bug works fine... Lost )

Though the thing about not being able to fire cannons at enemy towns is different.

headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miko wrote:
what i ment about the cannon is that on the xbox version you can't add cannon to a ship, if you capture an 12 gun Brig of War it will forever be a 12 gun Brig of War, firaxis said this extended the gameplay because you were now on the lookout for upgrades within the same ship class, i was really fearing it might have been added to the PC patch.

Actually that sounds very interesting as a gameplay quirk. Though the potenital maximums should also have risen (so that you could, for instance, find a rarest 56-gun SOL or something to that effect).

Does catching a War-Galleon that has 4 cannons get you a 4-gun Galleon though? That would suck. Smile

ruf
Seaman

899 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have misunderstood. I CAN fire cannons at a city (by pressing space bar) but cannot attack a city by sea (like in Pirates Gold). I have to attack a city by land combat. It never occured to me that fire cannons on a city is attacking it by sea too Oops
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its not by sea because i was corrected on this ... although it has ill affect on the town in money which can result in a small loss in garrision cause the town is flourishing like it was can make it easier to attack. The ill affect is that you won't get as much booty when you attack the town.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FexFX
Powder Monkey

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was being dim...yes, pressing the space bar allows you to fire your cannon from sea...tho it tell you this nowhere in the game itself, its only in the manual...There seems to be a bit less info on screen than I recall.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the patch will come out soon so I can patch my game because I'm definitely not going to go out and buy the game again. Twisted Evil
Powder Monkey

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer an earlier question, sacking a town over and over is not really possible.
twice consequitively requires that you aggitate it to get it to allow an attack the second time (sack a ship or bombard it first) and then sack a second time...the second time will almost always capture the city and let you chose a friendly governor...
ledhed
Cutthroat

3392 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could not attack twice and install a different governor with the old patch . Once you installed a governor that was it the city could change as a result of an attack but not from you . With the new patch can you change from French to English then change back to french ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: