Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Patch Changes 1.0.1 - 1.0.2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you call it a true patch without the no redX map fix. There are some issues addressed but not all. Is anybody at Firaxis listening?

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulture wrote:
Can you call it a true patch without the no redX map fix. There are some issues addressed but not all. Is anybody at Firaxis listening?

The No X bug has already been fixed - it was in the first patch and this new one includes all the fixes from that one and apparently attempts to fix the bugs introduced by it as well...

Still, it appears that they are not touching the difficulty of the game at all, nor the more curious bugs.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Hmm... If they've now fixed the known pirates so that they cannot be sunk, will this mean that when a known pirate attacks Montalban or Raymundo, they will fight for an eternity, as neither one can sink?

erm... that makes them easy to find Laughing
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:

The No X bug has already been fixed - it was in the first patch and this new one includes all the fixes from that one and apparently attempts to fix the bugs introduced by it as well...

Still, it appears that they are not touching the difficulty of the game at all, nor the more curious bugs.

Sorry Wolfwood. As you know, I did not install the first patch because of the "new problems" it introduced. Perhaps 1.02 holds some promise. I will give it a rip as soon as I get it.

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't install the first patch either because I heard it introduced more problems then it was worth. I'll give the new patch a try though. The game as is isn't a major problem. It would be nice to have a good patch to iron out the problems though...
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, a patch to fix the native and jesuite items etc. would of course be the best, but i look forward to the new patch too, can't be that much time before release now Wink
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it would be up on their site either this week or early next week but don't quote me on that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
can't be that much time before release now Wink
Been hearing that one since Christmas
Capt Peter Blackthorne
Cutthroat

1827 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't allow AI sack of town of we've gone as far as rescuing the daughter.

OK, took me a second but I think what they're trying to prevent is letting the AI change the nationality of the town at the point where you've rescued the daughter but haven't returned her yet. Right now, if that happens, there's no way to return the daughter. The new governor just comes out and introduces a new daughter to you.

What I really wanted to see on this list was some kind of reward for returning a daughter once you're married. A land grant or something. Jeez, the gov doesn't even say thank you. Rolling Eyes
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt Peter Blackthorne wrote:
What I really wanted to see on this list was some kind of reward for returning a daughter once you're married. A land grant or something. Jeez, the gov doesn't even say thank you. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, that would be nice. Something else that would be nice to fix is that you can't keep dancing with her. Okay, I'm married, I get it. But my marriage doesn't prevent me from dancing with every lass in the Caribbean until I manage to rescue her from Mendoza. Then she won't dance with me anymore. Huh? Why?

On the other hand, I've been known to keep those "extra" daughters locked in my cabin for years at a time.... Maybe they're sick of me by the time I finally return them to Daddy. Twisted Evil

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt Peter Blackthorne wrote:

HEAR, HEAR! That's been one of my biggest complaints. The game gives you absolutely NO REASON to return any more daughters once you're married. You may as well keep them all aboard ship. I think I ended one game with about a dozen unreturned daughters still onboard. That would actually be a neat goal, except the game also doesn't give you any way to track what daughters you have or how many. It operates under the silly assumption that you're only going to romance ONE. duh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
The game gives you absolutely NO REASON to return any more daughters once you're married.

Well, you do get a missing Lost City map piece (provided any remain to be found) from a daughter, regardless of her appearance, when you return her to her father. Finding Treasure

Plus, of course, the satisfaction of doing a good deed. Confused
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it seems that under the upcoming patch, returning a daughter will protect the town from enemy conversions... It will act as a kind of a lock to keep the town with its nationality...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
And it seems that under the upcoming patch, returning a daughter will protect the town from enemy conversions... It will act as a kind of a lock to keep the town with its nationality...

I wonder if that is a good thing Wolf? It kind of takes the war between the nations off the table a bit. I like things to constantly change during the game.
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CGM3 wrote:
TheDon wrote:
The game gives you absolutely NO REASON to return any more daughters once you're married.

Well, you do get a missing Lost City map piece (provided any remain to be found) from a daughter, regardless of her appearance, when you return her to her father. Finding Treasure

True. I meant after you've found all four lost cities.

CGM3 wrote:
[Plus, of course, the satisfaction of doing a good deed. Confused

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA. pirate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: