Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Is this a bug?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmatt7g
Powder Monkey

67 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Is this a bug? Reply with quote

I was travelling off the mexican coast near Villa Hermosa, and I kept running into named pirates, one after the other. I must have cleared 30,000 in a matter of minutes. I got every named pirate on this one voyage, except for L'Ollonaise, who was hanging around in the Gulf of Mexico.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just might be a bug. I've never heard of it before. If not a bug then that is one big lucky streak. Wow! Surprised
Cutthroat

11541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this a bug? Reply with quote

madmatt7g wrote:
I was travelling off the mexican coast near Villa Hermosa, and I kept running into named pirates, one after the other. I must have cleared 30,000 in a matter of minutes. I got every named pirate on this one voyage, except for L'Ollonaise, who was hanging around in the Gulf of Mexico.

Its no bug.

The named Pirates are randomly placed on the map. Sometimes alot of famous pirates get their positions close to eachoteher.
Cap'n Scurvy
Swabbie

1662 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that happens early in the game, don't take them. They get richer later in the game, and you should take them then. The exception is if you run into Henry Morgan or Blackbeard and you really want their sweet frigate.
madmatt7g
Powder Monkey

67 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's what it was. There were a lot of pirate settlements out west. It must have just been insane luck. Would have been better had I waited. I'm playing through again. This time, I managed to nab a ship of the line fairly early in my career. I'm going to wait until I'm done with everything else, then jet about the carribean, cleaning up all the pirates before I retire.
Deck Ape
Seaman

761 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmatt7g wrote:
I think that's what it was. There were a lot of pirate settlements out west. It must have just been insane luck. Would have been better had I waited. I'm playing through again. This time, I managed to nab a ship of the line fairly early in my career. I'm going to wait until I'm done with everything else, then jet about the carribean, cleaning up all the pirates before I retire.

I've had similar encounters there. I think it's just that there are more pirate ports there...

Cap'n Sawyer
Powder Monkey

871 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap'n Scurvy wrote:
If that happens early in the game, don't take them. They get richer later in the game, and you should take them then. The exception is if you run into Henry Morgan or Blackbeard and you really want their sweet frigate.

I'll usually seek one of them out early, just because it's the easiest Frigate/large Frigate to get early on. Seems like Blackbeard is always my first pirate rumor. Taking him on in my starting Sloop is pretty easy. Ikow he 'builds up' more gold the longer you let him sit, but having an early Frigate earns me even more gold, I think. I can be a little more reckless in a Frigate than I can in a Sloop, so I can quickly score a full fleet to sell in the next port. Depending on the area, I can do that a few times each year for the first few years.

By the way, as far as the theory about the Named Pirates building up their personal stash, has that been tested, and is there a maximum amount/maximum time we should wait before taking them out?
Irish Jim
Seaman

4424 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap'n Scurvy wrote:

Too bad ol' Blackbeard was sailing an Indian War Canoe during my last adventure, I was looking forward to another frigate!
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish Jim wrote:
Cap'n Scurvy wrote:

Too bad ol' Blackbeard was sailing an Indian War Canoe during my last adventure, I was looking forward to another frigate!

eh? say what?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Irish Jim
Seaman

4424 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:

eh? say what?

The last career I started, Blackbeard was captain of an Indian War Canoe. (XBOX version, probably a bug) It sure made the fight easier, but I was hoping for another Frigate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: