Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

CI RP: Chapter 2 - The Governor's Decree
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'My name?' Maya asked, 'It is Maya, Nanahouma Maya' she replied to this strange indervidual, 'what do you want?' she said, fingering her sword

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, How do you like that?"I thought.
The minute I start talking about geting a job as a bruiser for the governor, everyone starts rushing off to beat me to the punch. That's graditude for ya.
"No use standing here." with that thought in my head, I headed for the door, with my whiskey bottle in hand...
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

"There's no need for that" I tell the eastern woman as she readies her sword for a fight. She really seems to be a fiesty woman. It seems like she is ready for a fight with anybody.

"Maya, is it? You be new to these parts I be guessin'" I reply.
"I was just going to pay a visit to the Governor to see if I can convince him to change his mind over this 'tax'. I guess that it does not concern you, not being a Pirate."

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tax? What tax? I'm off to the Governor to see if he knew where this di Rossi chap is... but,' she looked in her gold pouch, 'I could use some money... is he offering a job or somthing, I may be able to help.'

Status of Ships;
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***
Inside the gates of the Governor's mansion

"Yes, it seems the Governor is looking for some extra guards or something - maybe some tax collectors. Being a pirate, and a resident on this island, I object to having to pay a tax. This is why I've come to see the Governor. The job was just a way to get inside and see him." I replied to Maya. I continued walking up th path towards the mansion, leaving Maya to look into her money bag with a dispirited look on her face.

I reached the front door and was greeted by a butler. He was a dark man, a native of these parts it seemed. Tallish, but not too overbearing. He was well dressed though in the uniform provided for him, which sort of seemed out of place for this island. Even the Governor was rarely in formal attire, preferring to visit the tavern in his best 'pirate-ware'.
The butler opened the door and led me towards a small room with a lounge chair and asked me to wait while he went into a neighbouring room. I sat down and looked around the room. Nothing too fancy I thought to myself, just a couple of nice paintings.

After a few moments he re-appeared and told me I could enter. I stood up and walked towards the door, which the butler opened for me. I walked inside, and was partially surprised to see that it was not the Governor sitting at the large desk....

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She followed this strange pirate to the mansion, only to be told that he was meeting someone. It seemed like this was the wrong town to enter. Yes, it would be the place where such an auful pirate like di Rossi would hide... She would head down to the docks, her spirit disheartened, and perhaps find a ship off this nasty island...

[o/t if nothing stops her, she will leave the island temperarily, and will meet di Rossi on his return to San Juan]

Status of Ships;
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bloody damn! It's Will Scarlett...this is such a pain in the arse," silently proclaimed First Mate Pires of the good frigate Isabella.

He and Captain Cutiepie Jones left the tavern after being involved in minor fist-a-cuffs. He made his way outside with Pires and they began their plan. They would sneak up to the governer's mansion, and rob the place of any valuables. Remember these men are not a honest kind, rather looking for any chance to get laid, drunk, or rich - not in that order.

"We must wait a little longer Pires. And then perhaps we can retire to the Barbados and drink sugar cane juice on the beach," replied the good Captain.

Just then the butler appeared in the hall, which resulted in the two men dropping their heads out of view at the hall window. When they looked up Will Scarlett had entered the governer's office. Jones and Pires began running around the building to see what would transpire...
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***
In the Governor's Office, inside the Governor's mansion

I stared at the man sitting in the Governor's chair. He was not the Governor and I knew he had no right to be there.

I heard something coming from an outside window. I looked briefly and thought I saw something, but whatever, or whoever it was had gone. It seemed there was something strange going on.

While my attention was momentarily lost, the man sitting in the governor's chair stood up. I had not seen this man before, but had a suspicion that he was Mahli Carlisle, the man who had helped 'save' the Governor from attack.

"Where be the Governor?" I asked this man as he walked around to the front of the desk. "I have come on behalf of the Circle of Pirates to see him over the matter of the taxes to be paid."

"I wish to speak to him, now" I said in the sternest of voices, hoping to be menacing enough to get this man to show me to the Governor. After all, it was the Governor who supposedly wrote the decree, and I wanted to make sure that he changed his mind.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Syrian***

Syrian knowing that something has gone awry with his plan has decided to hold a secret meeting outside of town and is gathering everyone up by next next weekend up in a secret hideout that all against the guv are to attend. he leaves this with the barmaid at the tavern to let people he has met before to ahve them meet up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a strange man enter the tavern, a man who looked extremely familiar to me, but I could not place his face. I dunno, maybe he just had one of those 'average' faces, which look a little bit like a few people you know but not quite, so you think you know them. Anyway, he walked over to the bar like a normal patron, but unlike a normal patron did not flirt outrageously with the barmaid. As a matter of fact, he did not even appear to have ordered a drink. I took a swig from my mead, and cursed as some of it dribbled down my chin. I wiped my chin with my shirt, and when I looked up, the man had vanished. The bar door wasn't even swinging in the cool sea breeze. I called the barmaid over to refill my drink, and had the unusual experience of the barmaid whispering something in my ear. I was slightly distracted my the ample cleavage on display as she bent forward, but I gathered that the man who had just left had told her to tell those men who she knew were particularly disgruntled by the taxes to meet at some place outside town.

Pulling the barmaid onto my lap in typical fashion to avoid questions to what I had to talk to the barmaid about, I asked her just where this locale out of town was. Apparently, the maid had been hired for more than just her good looks and cleavage. Expertly faking a blush, the maid quickly whispered directions, and told me to look for 'Syrian'.
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Bannister Kelly ***

As Kelly entered the tavern, he brushed up against a man very briefly. Kelly knew that this man was of some importance, and very knowing in the art of danger. Kelly half-looked back at the man before stepping into the bar area. Bannister and his brigands looked at the patrons of the bar, who had suddenly gotten very quiet. Kelly's gaze fixed directly on the barmaid atop a customers lap.

"If you please, can you get me some rum for me crew," asked Kelly, half-polite and half-demanding.

Kelly grabbed the bottle, quickly tossed over some doubloons, and gave the bottle to his crew. The fifteen members of the crew fell to the ground dead withing seconds. Kelly took their money, tipped his hat to the maid and left the pub with a chuckle.
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still leaning at the bar, observing the setting carefully and without attracting attention, ElD heard the conversation of Syrian and the wench.

he noted the facts and decided to go to the meeting.
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pirate, Colonel di Rossi Re-enters Cutlass Island, with a crew of almost 200 men, a frigate and a sloop. This is sure to upset the power balance on the island....

Status of Ships;
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

Upon return to the Tavern after meeting in the Governor's mansion

I returned to the tavern after my discussion in the Governor's office with the unnamed man. He had mentioned to me that the Governor had not been seen at all today, and that there has been strange goings on around the mansion in the last few days. The unnamed man did not know anything about the Governor's Decree.

I thought that maybe the Governor had gone into hiding knowing that a decree such as this would cause a stir amongst the inhabitants and visitors to the Isle. But my feeling was, that this was not the case. The Governor was no coward. My thoughts were that the Governor had been 'removed' from the mansion - and maybe from Cutlass Isle altogether, and that it was not he who had written the decree.

The other Pirates who I had previously been speaking to on the matter were still sitting around the table discussing plans. I ordered a drink from the barmaid and walked over to the table.

"The Governor is missing" I stated in a way that everyone took notice....

AKA. Will Scarlett.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no-one has posted here for along time

.....but no-one did.

It seemed that they were all frozen. I looked into the mug of one of those sitting around the table and noticed the grog was a strange colour. I looked around and it dawned on me that everyone could have been poisoned.

I looked at the barmaid. I thought I glimpsed her putting something into my drink. I couldn't really tell for sure what it was, but I was suspicious. This wasn't the same barmaid that usually served the clientele at this tavern. She looked strangely masculine.

I walked around to a number of the other tables in the tavern, only to find that everyone seemed 'deadish'. It was strangely quiet, especially for a tavern that was as crowded as much as this one seemed to be. Even the barkeep himself seemed frozen in time. The barmaid walked over to me and offered me the drink that I had requested.

I took a sip...

Was the drink poisoned?

Was the barmaid just the Governor in disguise?

Why was everyone frozen?

You decide...

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: