Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

This guy, Otis.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: This guy, Otis. Reply with quote

I knew this guy, Otis, once. Wasn't much special about him, but for one thing. He seemed to know just about everybody. When we first met, he told me he had to run to the mayor's house for drinks. I, of course, thought he was joshing me, so he asked me along. Sure enough, we drove right up to the mayor's mansion, sat down for Mimosas, and had quite a chat.

Some weeks later I ran into Otis again. I asked how the mayor was doing. He said he didn't know, he'd been spending most of his time golfing with the governor. Not knowing Otis like I do now, again I was incredulous. "You must take me golfing with you, then," I said sort of tongue-in-cheek. "Alright," he said. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at two." He was at my house punctually at two, and in a long black limousine. We drove to the local country club, and sure as the world there on the first tee was the governor. "Otis! Glad you could make it!" he cried out as Otis and I approached.

On the way back to the club house, I chided Otis saying, "Next time I guess you'll say you know the Pope."

"It just so happens," he heartily replied seeming to ignore my jest, "the Pope has invited me to lunch Thursday. You can come along if you like, but I doubt I can get you in. You'll have to stand with the crowd out front until lunch is over."

"Fine," I said, half believing this one. "I'll meet you at JFK in time for the first flight to Rome Thursday morning."

"It's a date," he cheerily replied.

So, we get to Rome, and grab a cab to the Vatican. I got out in front of the building with the balcony, as Otis instructed, and Otis disappeared with the cab. I was milling about with the tourists, and toward one o' clock a rather sizeable crowd had gathered in hopes the Pope would appear on the balcony. It wasn't but a little while before he did, and to my great surprise, beside him waving to the crowd was my friend. Yet, this wasn't the most amazing part of the story. While we watched them wave to us, a tourist nudged me in the ribs and asked, "Hey! Who's that on the balcony with Otis?"
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great one, Airsaw!

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: