Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Star Wars Galaxies....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you play Star Wars Galaxies?
Yes, I love it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I used to, but don't anymore.
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Galaxies.... Reply with quote

Is anyone playing this game anymore?

I started around late April of last year and played almost every hour I could until about the end of August. I then got bored and quit.

I re-joined about four months ago, primarily to try out Jump to Lightspeed (which wasn't that great)

I found the something call the "Combat Upgrade" had recently happened and it in many people's opinions had ruined the game.

I sent out and ingame email to over seventy people saying "do any of you play anymore?" and got a response from none.

The game was like a ghost town.

So the question remains, does anyone play this anymore?
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it a while ago. Had two accts. one Master Architect, one was headed to Master Merchant.

I played up to JtL, and flew around for a while..

quit,

came back for some company, and found all was gone...Ghost Town, as you said..

Haven't been on since last Nov..Due to my location...

Probably will not log on ever again...

May do WoW or Sims Online(again), but don't know yet...

Have an Army Day
Rook
Seaman

517 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first started day 1 of servers going live. Back then I had a Master Ranger/Pistoleer. That was back in the day when you could have 3 Rancor out and everyone was screaming nerf, as usual. I played for about 3 months and got disgusted with how much of a mess the DEV team had made the game. It seemed something was always broken right after they supposedlly had fixed it and what I called stealth nerfs. That was pretty much DEVs changing things and not annoucing it on the patch notes. Anyway, a year later, just before JTL, I gave it another shot. New server (Bloodfin) and new toon, this time I rolled up a Master Rifleman/Master Creature Handler. With a good guild I continued to play thourgh the JTL release and actually enjoyed it again, however, as with any game, I start to pick it apart and start seeing imperfections. I noticed that even though the DEV team went through major position and manning changes, they were still up to thier old tricks. They liked to promise things, usually in writing on some public forum, and then not deliver as promised. This of course rubbed folks the wrong way. Even though I really enjoyed SWG and JTL the second time around, once again I gave it up pretty much to spite SOE. Around the same time I also cancelled my EQ and EQ2 accounts. The quality of costumer service and over all product quality that SOE offered was too varied. They know which games are thier money cows, so that is where the resources go, meanwhile potentially great games, such as SWG, are pushed aside where they try really hard to practice the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. I didnt quit SWG because it was abad or even boring game, I eventually quit because the game support staff and DEV team was an insult to the Star Wars franchise and ultimatlly cheapened the game. Further insult to injury, I was very interested in Matrix online, and the very weekend I was about to buy the game, I found out that SOE bough the game rights. What was the first thing they did? Fired 75% of the event and support staff for Matrix. The one thing that made Matirx attractive was that it was getting recognition for its live events often, several times a week where you would have support staff members running around has main Matirx characters actually interacting with you. I assure you SOE wont keep up that tradition. Didnt intend on this turning into a SOE bashing rant, but the whole SWG subject gets my hackles up. It was a game I wanted very much to enjoy.

Rook
Managing Editor/Writer
www.hookedgamers.com
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! There's no option for "Have never tried it and have never seen it either"!
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: