Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

top 10 games
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikitas
Powder Monkey

179 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:

4) post office

The classic game of snail-mail domination.

Rush to finish filling out your priority mail form before others do! Razz

Sieze the initiative by avoiding the line and standing off to the side to grab the next postal clerk! [appropriate smiley here]

Capture the courtesy pens and extra forms, you never know when you'll need them next! Sailor

Battle with disgruntled postal employees, if you lose they may send your package to China! Duelling

Do you have what it takes to rule the post office? Guns Blazing
spetsnaz
Swabbie

969 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me :

1-Most Wanted
2-CM5
3-SID MEIER's Pirates
4-FIFA 06
5-Jedi Academy
6-Rise od Nations
7-Football Manager 2006
8-Jedi Outcast
9-CIV4
10-GTA San Andreas
ledhed
Cutthroat

3392 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised " hide the salami " has not made a list yet .
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikitas wrote:

Battle with disgruntled postal employees, if you lose they may send your package to China! Duelling

Battle with disgruntled postal employees. Watch out for that shotgun!

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
Nikitas wrote:

Battle with disgruntled postal employees. Watch out for that shotgun!

Shotgun my great SOTL.
A substantial number of Postal Employees are ex military.
Many are licensed gun dealers.

Expect a bull-pup at least.
Or the ever faithful RPG.

Shotgun???
how crude.
Porcelin Glock
or for the real planning Postal Employee
the Claymore.
Cpt John Fabris
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no particular order (I really can't rank 'em):

Freespace 2 (still the best combat based space fighter sim, plus a kick 4ss editing package. Really oughta see if it works on a laptop)

Operation Flashpoint (when modded significantly and using the editing software)

Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Neverwinter Nights

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Virtua Tennis 2 - old sega dreamcast game, but damned good.)
Star Wars Republic Commando (finally squad mates with decent AI)

Mediaeval Total War / Kingdom Under Fire: Crusades - depends whether I want some degree of realism, or just to have some LOTR style chop'em up but with some tactics

Brothers in arms: Earned in Blood (like being in Band of Brothers but with smarter soldiers)

Burnout 2 (providing I don't need to drive anywhere shortly after playing it)[/list]
Rum_Drinker
Powder Monkey

635 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I'll go with about 5:

Ultima Online- had stolen more hours of life than any other game I can think of.

RainbowSix- first "real" damage game I'd ever played

Sid Meier's Pirates!- the fun factor is sky high

Ace Combat 4- I know it's arcadey but it be fun

Ace Combat 5- Just improves on the quatro

Just my .02
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ledhed wrote:

Civ IV

You didn't read my directions, it said the game has to have been out and played by you for at least one year. I just don't think its fair for a game thats less then a year old to make anyone's top 10. Thats just because there hasn't been enough time for the game to sink in as to how good it is. I've had Civ 4 since Christmas and when I first started playing it I was like, this totally sucks. I've seen some value in it now and I'm entering a honeymoon phase with it. But I was still pretty disappointed by it at first.

There is a good question, whats the longest honeymoon phase you've ever had with a game. I mean like you think its just an awesome game no matter what anyone says and you keep playing it without playing much of other games. I'd have to say the answer for me would either be RTW or the first command and conquer. Maybe CS but I doubt it.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
Captain Laffite
Seaman

948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a paticular order for my list, but I will list a few I've had lots of fun with.

World of Warcraft: Great game that you can get very absorbed into. Hard to pay the online fee to play though.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Have been playing this one with my friends for quite awhile now. Very fun multiplayer game.

Halo series: This has been quite fun for my and my friends as well. Good oneplayer campaign and fun to have halo parties and play online.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Very good game. Wonderful graphics and some good gameplay. A big step up from the first Battlefront, good for more than just Star Wars fans. Highly recommend.

Ratchet and Clank series: Very good series right here. The graphics are very good and a little bit cartoony. Don't be fooled by the graphics or the whacky storyline, these games are great. Awesome futuristice weapons (i.e. Hydrogen bomb launcher, Black hole generator). Good game with a good replay value (can replay to get higher versions of the weapons). I highly recommend these.

Burnout series: Very good series here too. I've mainly played Burnout: Takedown. For more than just the destructive type. You can race and reek havoc. Good graphics (a little over the top at times) and an awesome soundtrack. Highly recommend trying one of the titles.

The Zelda series: Fun games, even after all these years. Not something I would recommend highly seeing all the different games that are similar to this now. But, if you're a big Nintendo fan, these are some very good games for their time.

Xmen Legends: Rise of Apocolypse: This game I haven't played for a year, but is still very good. I would recommend renting, not buying. Its a great game to rent with your friends and work your way through the story. It is pretty quick to beat though, but it does have a replay mode. The maximum character level is 99, I got my guys to 44 after the first time through, and they are at 53 now at about 85% through the second time. It got boring for me going through the second time, so maybe just a game to mess with on a weekend. Big step up from the first game and good for Xmen fans.

Mario Kart, Mario, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, etc.: All the Mario games I have tried for N64, Gamecube have been pretty good. Mainly party games and they have all been very fun. Mario Kart and Supersmash Bros. have been my favorite, with Mario 64 being a fun storymode game. Still a fun one to mess around with today, and a very good game for its time. I personally recommend all these games.

James Bond:Goldeneye: Need I say more? One of the best first-person shooters ever in my opinion and a must buy if you own an N64. Still a great game to play today, I highly recommend it. I have not tried the storymode very much, but I have played the multiplayer mode for years. Good party game.

Unreal Tournament Series: I have played these quite a bit at friend's houses for a good amount of time now (since the first one was released). Very good first person shooter (especially for PC). I highly recommend this to have if you are more of a PC user than a platform user. One of the better games that I have ever played.

WWE Raw vs. Smackdown: I think thats the title of the new one. I have played this a lot recently and it is very good (tried this one at a friend's house). Awesome story mode and very fun to play with friends in the multiplayer modes. I highly recommend it.

Favorite types of games:
>First person shooters
>RPGs
>Strategy shooters (or realtime strategy)
>Action/Adventure
>Fighters

Thats my list for now, might add later (remember no paticular order).

Arr!
Of cabbages--and kings!
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Pirates! (ya know)
2. Diablo I + II (Action RPG)
3. SIMS II (Simulation)
4. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (RPG)
5. Port Royale (Trading Simulation)
6. Blood Bowl (Strategy Board Game Adaption)
7. Baldur´s Gate (RPG)
8. Monkey Island Series (Point´n´Click Adventure)
9. Star Wars Jedi Knight II (FPS)
10. Star Wars X Wing (Flight Simulator)

Overrated: Star Wars KotOR II (RPG) and SPORE (Simulation)
Underrated: Roadrash (Racing)

Wink
davyjones
Cutthroat

5230 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Civ 4 has been out long enough now???

I'd say,
Civ 2 without any close competition
Pirates
Madden (pickayear)
Sim(s)
Solitaire (sad but true... wasted more time with it than any other, Im sure)

7 cities of gold
1 on 1 with larry bird and doctor j
Silent Service
Summer Games
Zork from C64 days
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Pirates, the only PC game I played a lot was Tetris. I also played most of the way through the original Diablo on a friend's PC.

When I was a grad student in pre-PC days, I played the dungeon-crawling fantasy game Avatar, a precursor of today's MMORPGs, on the Plato system, an early precursor of the internet.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a LOT of time playing Age of Empires II and all it's add-ons, then the Age of Mythology and it's add-ons. Finally came Age of Empires III with it's expansion packs. Those games kept me busy for many years.
Amaroy
Swabbie

1758 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention "Flying Corps" an exquisite WW I flight simulator. Unfortunately it is so old that it does not run any longer on a 64 BIT machine. I am desperately looking for some adequate game that equals this classic!
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaroy wrote:
I forgot to mention "Flying Corps" an exquisite WW I flight simulator. Unfortunately it is so old that it does not run any longer on a 64 BIT machine. I am desperately looking for some adequate game that equals this classic!

There are many websites that provide walkthroughs and programs which adapt older programs to newer machines. Have you looked yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: