Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Fighting Named Pirates in Tavern???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Fencing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't think there is an Annoying Foreigner at all. To be honest. Whoever invented it meant that as a joke.
Captain Laffite
Seaman

948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you even hear any information on an annoying foreigner? I've never heard of it, please elaborate, even if it is just made up.
Of cabbages--and kings!
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst i was unpacking the game files to find the skin for the main character (which i had decided to mod), i found a skin entitled 'Annoying_Foreigner256k.tga' or something like that, i opened the file with photoshop and it was a man with a purple coat and big, black curly hair. Then, a few days later, i was looking for something to do to pass my boredom so i clicked on the 'Screenshots' link above and sure enough, one of the screens was of a duel between the main character and the annoying foreigner (well it looked very,very much like the targa file anyway). I presume he exsists or else why would there be screenshots of him and why would the developers spent time making targa and (presumably) movement files?
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't believe me unpack all of the seven or eight game data files and go through them until you wind the targa file, then go to the 'Screenshots' section above and go to Set 2 and then see for yourself. Cool
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be the Annoying Cpt of the Guard then.
Captain Laffite
Seaman

948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordeater wrote:
That must be the Annoying Cpt of the Guard then.

Yeah, thats all I can think of.
Of cabbages--and kings!
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain of the Guard? Wearing a purple jacket? I think not. Perhaps no-one has seen him because the developers decided to delete the option of fighting him it out of the game but couldn't be bothed deleting the associated texture files.
Raul Darque
Powder Monkey

910 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got it all wrong Smile This is the French Evil Foreigner. At least according to the texture file. When I modded the french civ, I went through and modded all of the diffearnt french characters and remember this guy- a quick check back to the game files and sure enough. (File name is "french_evil_foreigner.dds") I'm not sure when you see him though... interestingly this is the same guy who appears on the back of the CD case- perhaps he was removed. I can't think of when you would fight him- perhaps a wanted man by the french?
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remove all the Spanish ports from the board, but still have Mendoza clones running around, he will start showing up as a Frenchman, complete with purple clothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don!!! Smile I knew there was a foreigner in a purple coat but the two doubters (Swordeater and Captain Laffite) had me beginning to wonder. Hooray. Victorious
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, does that mean you can fight Mendoza in the tavern before you take out all the spanish towns and he appears as the frenchman?
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got_A_Parrot? wrote:
Come to think of it, does that mean you can fight Mendoza in the tavern before you take out all the spanish towns and he appears as the frenchman?

Probably not, but I really don't know. I don't think he converts to french until all the spanish ports are gone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JonathanS
Swabbie

536 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

Strange thought, but what happens when all the Spanish AND French ports are gone? Does he switch again?
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a possibility, I suppose, although it would require files for Evil English and Evil Dutch also
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just incase anyone cares, i have found out that you can duel Mendoza in the tavern once he has docked in the city (perhaps you can do it for Monty too?) this is good if you want to avoid annoying the spanish by attacking their ships if you are looking to have all four duke titles.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: