Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Fighting Named Pirates in Tavern???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Fencing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Got_A_Parrot?
Powder Monkey

378 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just incase anyone cares, i have found out that you can duel Mendoza in the tavern once he has docked in the city (perhaps you can do it for Monty too?) this is good if you want to avoid annoying the spanish by attacking their ships if you are looking to have all four duke titles.
NASSAU
Seaman

4819 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The evil foreigner exists in the game files in all the nationalities,...they are using the same skeleton,as everyother bag guy bip01.They have fully developed models,kfms,and kf files,and therefore fully developed tavern,shipboard and dueling animations.

Does the game ever use them? I don't get much play time,and thats used up with testing my char swapout,..so couldn't tell you.

However ,there are lots of stuff the games not using,the artillery is not used,though it could be.Would be really cool to swap out some of the spys with the unused files!

Sorry couldn't be more help,dread Willem of Nassau!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got_A_Parrot? wrote:
Just incase anyone cares, i have found out that you can duel Mendoza in the tavern once he has docked in the city (perhaps you can do it for Monty too?) this is good if you want to avoid annoying the spanish by attacking their ships if you are looking to have all four duke titles.

Yes, this works for all the EVIL Spaniards. You have to dock in the city during the few seconds when the villain is also docked there - the timing is tricky. The drawback, of course, is that you don't capture your opponent's ship when you fight him in the tavern.

NASSAU - As I recall, if all of the Spanish cities are converted to another nationality, then the EVIL villains will all turn French.
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Got_A_Parrot? wrote:

Yes, this works for all the EVIL Spaniards. You have to dock in the city during the few seconds when the villain is also docked there - the timing is tricky. The drawback, of course, is that you don't capture your opponent's ship when you fight him in the tavern.

NASSAU - As I recall, if all of the Spanish cities are converted to another nationality, then the EVIL villains will all turn French.

Hmm, that'd be kinda fun I think. On the downside, they'll stil be sailing about in Galleons Sad How wonderfull would it be to capture Monty while he was sailing about in a SoL... *Swoons*
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How wonderfull would it be to capture Monty while he was sailing about in a SoL... *Swoons*

Aye, but, alas, these knaves sail about in the same galleons (at least I know that Mendoza does); they become Dutch, English or French. I think it's randomly determined which flag they serve under...
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Quote:
How wonderfull would it be to capture Monty while he was sailing about in a SoL... *Swoons*

Aye, but, alas, these knaves sail about in the same galleons (at least I know that Mendoza does); they become Dutch, English or French. I think it's randomly determined which flag they serve under...

Not entirely random. With Spain out of the picture, he sails under one of the two flags remaining ( not including the nation of the daughter abducted). Usually the one chosen is at war with the daughter's nation, but if by chance neither of the two remainig are at war with the daughters nation, then it is random.
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki59 wrote:
Not entirely random. With Spain out of the picture, he sails under one of the two flags remaining ( not including the nation of the daughter abducted). Usually the one chosen is at war with the daughter's nation, but if by chance neither of the two remainig are at war with the daughters nation, then it is random.

Ah. That may well explain why a Mendoza sailing in the Queen Elizabeth captured the red-headed beauty from English Panama, and why another foul, dastardly Mendoza in the Lord Hawkins abducted an exactly identical English vision of loveliness from Gran Granada (my character loves the English girls, they have cute accents, he says).
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I still don't understand what is an annoying foreigner. The only annoying things in the game, as far as I know, are captains of the guard, lost city maps, Baron Raymondo and his tendency to disappear, and land battles with lots of people.
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordeater wrote:
Sorry, I still don't understand what is an annoying foreigner.

Well, the evil bad, or annoying guys we are referring to are just the characters whom our hero defeats in combat. These bad guys are the rascals who kidnap our hero's girlfriends, or fight with him for the lady's affection; others keep his family members locked up in isolated cabins; others skulk in taverns doing- I don't know- waiting to be caught, I guess; and so on.

These villains are bad guys basically because they oppose our hero's efforts. The comments about "foreigners" are just a way to refer to some of these bad guys and rogues.

Many of us on this site are foreigners to each other, but I've yet to meet an annoying person here...no, there's just a group of merry shipmates from different nations!
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few of the Evil guys I ran into recently. This first one was sailing a French Fast Galleon masquerading as a Mendoza wannabe.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/frenchevilspaniard.jpg
Once I boarded the vessel the crew of the villain as well as my own mysteriously disappeared. This was one of the toughest sword fights I've had, second only to Montalban. Course it didn't help being 120 years old.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/evilspa.jpg
I finally managed to knock him over the Taff rail and was rewarded the rescue of the fair daughter.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/evilspan.jpg
This second Evil Villain goes by the name of Cap'n Incognito, some of ye might'a crossed paths with um.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/TavernIncognito.jpg
Note the striking resemblance to that other evil one named Mendoza, maybe it's a close cousin. This one though, has hair about his chin, whereas Mendo is clean shaven below his bottom lip and wears a blue jacket.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/CapnIncognito.jpg
Upon his defeat he agrees to return to the town of Margarita.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/Incognitodefeated.jpg
I'm a little confused on this point because no daughter ever told me about a Cap'n Incognito hiding out anywhere. But this leads to the third evil type, A Mr.@. Faulks hiding in the city of ,. That's right, the City of ,
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/cityof.jpg
This one was new to me, I have as yet to locate the city of , and even clicking on his head icon at the top of the screen proved to be futile.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/Mr.jpg
I wasn't even able to mouse over the towns on the world map to find him, so the search continues.
Now I have to admit that theses strange occurrences aren't part of normal gameplay. I finished the last few romances with 4-5 Spanish ladies and decided to see how many Mendozas I could stack up on the top of the screen. I went about sacking every city and installing new Govs. in each getting rid of all Spanish along the way. Then proceeded to complete all the romance plots with each new daughter until they were captured by Mendoza. Having the last 4-5 Spanish daughters traveling with a Spanish Mendoza as well as 39 more Mendos of varying nationality gets a bit confusing as to where I should be bringing the fair maidens. Here are two Dutch Mendozas, a French and a Spanish one.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/4mendozasfrenchdutchspanish.jpg
I don't know what's going to happen when I catch up with the Spanish Mendozas out there as the daughters cities have since been converted to another nationality, but there are now two daughters to return to those same 4-5 cities. The Dutch and French still get upset though when you capture one of their Fast galleons.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/dutchmendoza.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/frenchmendoza.jpg
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Swordeater wrote:
Sorry, I still don't understand what is an annoying foreigner.

Well, the evil bad, or annoying guys we are referring to are just the characters whom our hero defeats in combat. These bad guys are the rascals who kidnap our hero's girlfriends, or fight with him for the lady's affection; others keep his family members locked up in isolated cabins; others skulk in taverns doing- I don't know- waiting to be caught, I guess; and so on.

These villains are bad guys basically because they oppose our hero's efforts. The comments about "foreigners" are just a way to refer to some of these bad guys and rogues.

Many of us on this site are foreigners to each other, but I've yet to meet an annoying person here...no, there's just a group of merry shipmates from different nations!

Um, excuse me, but this is sarcasm right? I was talking about the annoying foreigner someone apparently found in the game files. I hope for your sake that this was sarcasm. Very Happy
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordeater wrote:
Um, excuse me, but this is sarcasm right? I was talking about the annoying foreigner someone apparently found in the game files. I hope for your sake that this was sarcasm. Very Happy

The files you refer to aren't "annoying foreigner" they are "evil foreigner" and there are 405 of these files in the Assets folder. These are just two of them.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/evilspa.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/loki59/CapnIncognito.jpg
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordeater wrote:
Um, excuse me, but this is sarcasm right? I was talking about the annoying foreigner someone apparently found in the game files. I hope for your sake that this was sarcasm.

No, I wasn't mocking anybody at all. I wasn't sure what you were talking about when you mentioned "annoying foreigner," but loki has cleared it up; thanks, loki59!

loki59 wrote:
Here's a few of the Evil guys I ran into recently.

I laughed when I saw all of the Mendoza brothers spread across the top of your screen, like a frigate's pennant! For me, tracking down four or five of them is enough at a time...

And Captain Incognito...never met him. But if he pays you a 5000 gold reward and goes back to Margarita, well, I suppose the result is the main thing...

Mr. @ Faulkes? Oh, wait, I've got it. He was the 27th son born to John and Mary Faulkes; they apparently ran out of initials. His younger brother is a Mr. & Faulkes.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her's two more of the evil ones, AKA Cap'n Incognito.

I've gone to every tavern on the map looking for two of those Mr.@. Faulks hiding in the city of , I don't think they exist. The same with one of those Mendozas, who captured the governor of 's daughter ( yup the city of ' ) no luck finding him either.
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, I get it. These pics puzzle me Shocked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: