Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Age of Sail II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob53
Powder Monkey

170 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Age of Sail II Reply with quote

Is this game worth getting? I love Pirates and the ship battles. I read somethings about the game, but though I would ask the experts. My gaming time is limited,becauseof that working for a living thing I got to do.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not bad but the controls are a bit... wonky. Worth a try if you can find it in the bargain bin for $10 or less.
KeeperIII
Swabbie

2007 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... I just scored it today in Wal-mart... 9 bucks...

I will let you know...
KeeperIII
Swabbie

2007 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well NORMALLY I am pretty dependable... On 07/13 I ripped all the Tendons out of my right Elbow... Surgery, followed by 2 weeks in a cast and I am now in week 2 of an imobilizing brace....

PC Typing one handed... Not Bad
PC Gaming one handed EL SUCKO Sad

AOS 2 collecting dust... As is Guild wars and WOW....
I have tried WOW and MMPORGS are not too bad one handed... I move the imobilized hand over the WASD... Switch the mouse to leaft handed... And I get by... NASTY battles are tough.... As I MUCH prefer casting and cusrsing with my left hand either on my Claw.... So I only played a little,,

/emote... Heavy sigh.... Reading the manual last night AOS seems pretty slow paced... I may try it this weekend...
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I certainly hope you are feeling better! Wink
Cutthroat

3392 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had age of sail I just couldnt get it to run right and the controlls and the read me sucked .
KeeperIII
Swabbie

2007 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Howie!!! October has been a good month... Physical Therapy has been going well... Lets just say... Getting Older is NOT all it is cracked up to be Sad

AOS is a SLOW paced, control cumbersome game. Led was being KIND when he said controls SUCK...
It DOES have it's upsides.... I love to dance in the wind 2-3 boat lengths in front of my opponent... If I can rake Port and Tact JUST right I should be able to Rake him Starboard ASAP... And guess what... I can!!!

That was my ONE complaint about Pirates... Mid to late battle I should be able to load Grape on one side, Chain or Large on the other... This all guns fire and only one set-up of shot was my main complaint (The other was "Why is the rum gone") about Sids Pirates.
Career mode seems almost doable but it would be a TIME SINK..... The fact that battles take a LONG time... makes me play skirmish... And for the record.... I can only play 2 in a 3 or 4 day period... Yes, it is that slow...

Still, Have I played it more than 3 hours? Heck yes... SO at less than 10, it is worth it.
FYI, that is my barameter I tend to compare game price vs other forms of entertainment. A movie here on Long Island goes for about 10 bucks. So the fact that I have played more than 3 hours and will go back to it again... Makes it better than a movie..
Movies are great... But very little interaction, they forge memories, as do games, but at least you can control and guide. Sid's Pirates... Heck... First off you are in your OWN movie... And the hours... OHHHHHH the hours.
Pirates SMOKED a 100 dollar Broadway Play IMO... Or a $100 Ranger ticket to a regular season game..

It is all about ROI for this gamer...

Later.
NASSAU
Seaman

4819 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..I wanted to love this game,

spent most of my adult life on ships ,tugs,barges ,offshore supply boats..etc,etc.

And I love sail,few things in life are as beautiful,as a ship under sail.
(well a classic redhaired fourties pinup,but this is a family site)

So I got it,..looked cool too,campaign mode ,a whole squadron under your command,the open sea.But the controls are so clunky,in twenty minutes you are ready to heave your pc through the window.

And running a squadron ,means just that.Forget being an adm,or sen capt ,forget it ,you must capt all three vessels,while the ai apparently making use of future technology,which allows them to manuever together in flawless precision ,sails rings around you ,merrily filling the sky with enough iron to build the eifel tower!

'What are your orders sir?),asks the non existent capts of your other ships....MY ORDERS?, well my orders ,morons are to stop aiming your cannons,at the $#%^& treeline and aim for the big thing floating a hundred yards off your stern,and fire ,before they turn your ship ,into a floating toothpick factory!!!!!!

YESSSSS, I want to love it ,really,but It's doing just fine filed away where it is,in the recycle bin.....Pirates anyone?

Last edited by NASSAU on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
ledhed
Cutthroat

3392 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go play Voyage of the century on line

Or go to Pirates Ahoy and download the build version 13.1 for Pirates of the Carribean.

YOU WILL BE HOOKED . Sailor

You can even turn on realistic sailing with the build mod.

Now finding a copy of POTC will be the hard part.
Guarda Costas
Powder Monkey

188 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I found this at target for 10 dollars. Some reason I can't even get it to install. What's at pirates ahoy? That's a general pirate fan sight right?

And I hope your arm's better. Even though it was been a year allready.
Evasive Maneuvers
Swabbie

1479 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at first its fun but after you finish most of the missions its boring. my favorite mission is the trafalger simulation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: