Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

50+ vs 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usuegi
Powder Monkey

312 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: 50+ vs 1 Reply with quote

I'm curious, has anyone defeated any captain in a duel with you having only 1 pirate and them having 50+ crew? I tried but it is frustrating to me of how slow the movement is.
Bloody Jake
Powder Monkey

349 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've defeated a captain when I was outnumbered, but I don't think I was that out-matched. I know the odds were in the defender's favor though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've not exactly boarded with only 1 Pirate at my disposal Razz but I have boarded enemies with vastly superior numbers at 1-3 difficulty, sometimes with odds of 6-8/1. No problem if you can just push the pesky captain into Davey Jones's Locker with some haste
Quinton
Powder Monkey

325 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my personal experience, as long as you do not get hit once while only having one pirate left, you will not surrender and that one pirate will still go strong. For some reason it seems impossible to have 0 pirates with you in a ship with the minimum being one. This extends to the enemy captians as well. I hope this is actually true for other people.
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinton wrote:
From my personal experience, as long as you do not get hit once while only having one pirate left, you will not surrender and that one pirate will still go strong. For some reason it seems impossible to have 0 pirates with you in a ship with the minimum being one. This extends to the enemy captians as well. I hope this is actually true for other people.

I think you are rigth. No NPC will surrender unless hit once regardless of of how outnumbered he is
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The couple of times that I've tried this out, it seems to me that as soon as you are down to 1 (yourself, basically), the movement becomes way too slow for you to survive, if the enemy is any good. So, it is basically an "auto lose" situation.

This was with the second hardest difficulty. I'm not sure if the situation would be survivable at the lowest difficulty settings.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
The couple of times that I've tried this out, it seems to me that as soon as you are down to 1 (yourself, basically), the movement becomes way too slow for you to survive, if the enemy is any good. So, it is basically an "auto lose" situation.

This was with the second hardest difficulty. I'm not sure if the situation would be survivable at the lowest difficulty settings.

I really have to try it out...

Gonna simulate a situation where I attack a large Vessel with only 1 Crewmember and get back to you on that.

Update, on easiest it's no problem at all if you have all the gear.
Stryker1sf
Powder Monkey

709 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:

At the same time, the reverse is true. I've gone against Raymondo when it was just him against me and my crew and I was able to taunt Raymondo twice as he was doing his windup and then thrust before he even got in a single strike. And since it was just him, he surrendered immediately. It's a quick way to defeat the (relatively) tougher villians, especially since you can hit their ship with more shots than a modern-day battleship could take and their ship will still stay afloat.
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: 50+ vs 1 Reply with quote

Usuegi wrote:
I'm curious, has anyone defeated any captain in a duel with you having only 1 pirate and them having 50+ crew? I tried but it is frustrating to me of how slow the movement is.

I thinls that's impossible, as a boat will be hard- pressed to even catch u to another with only one guy.

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, everyone, when that pirates counter shows 1, that doesn't mean a pirate is soloing the enemy crew while you fight; that means only you are on the ship, and the enemy crew Razz Shocked
It could be possible, by using lots of dodging and thrusts, being young and having all the nice equipment for fencing, but IMO it's just too impossible.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 50+ vs 1 Reply with quote

Usuegi wrote:

You can't unless it's in the last 2 seconds before being hit with your opponent's sword, because your guy drops his sword and surrenders. Trust me, it happened today(with my very slow 50 year old pirate Rolling Eyes ).
Malus
Swabbie

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that this 1 pirate is the captain.
If you grape shoot a ship a lot you will kill them all except one, and this one is the captain that surenders the ship.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found it awkward that when there are only 2 or 1 pirates fighting, you could see like 3 fighting in the background. Zombie Pirates?
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:
I always found it awkward that when there are only 2 or 1 pirates fighting, you could see like 3 fighting in the background. Zombie Pirates?

Zombie Pirate's and Ghost Pirates - Spirits of the previously defeated.

Malus
Swabbie

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tested it.
That 1 pirate/enemy that never dies is the captain of the ship, (you/enemy captain).

If there is only 1 pirate/enemy in either of the ships before the boardind you won't see anyone fightind in the backround but only you against the enemy captain.

In the towns it is diferent, if there are 0 enemies the Captain of the Guard (if I remember it right) imediately surrenders because he doesn't exist at all.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: