Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

named pirate payoff
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: named pirate payoff Reply with quote

I like to leave the named pirates till later in the game. The payoff increases as the years go by. After 30 years here`s what Old Henry coughed up.

Blackbeard payed 28,800 just a couple years before that.
Stryker1sf
Powder Monkey

709 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm doing currently as well, though I took out two of the pirates (Rackham and I think Stede Bonnet) that had their home bases over in the Villa Hermosa/Campeche area. Why work and slave and sweat to gain all that gold when you can let others do the work for you and you just take it from them instead? Smile
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this topic is really dead (or at least for most forums it would be) but I have to know why your luxuries are tobacco rather than normal luxuries
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal wrote:
I know this topic is really dead (or at least for most forums it would be) but I have to know why your luxuries are tobacco rather than normal luxuries

I changed them. Look for the text configurations file in the Assets folder of SMP! there are many things there that you can change.
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: named pirate payoff Reply with quote

loki59 wrote:
I like to leave the named pirates till later in the game. The payoff increases as the years go by. After 30 years here`s what Old Henry coughed up.

I, also, always leave the Named Pirates for my final quest, or mission. I've had more, I believe, but this is the best Henry Morgan Fare I've got a shot of. . . .

I'll get some shots of some of the Junior Named Pirates in a few days, as I'm pretty near the time in my current adventure to start chasing them down.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take the named Pirates out within the first few years the total payoff is approximately 50,000. I fyou leave them all for ten years it doubles to just over 100,000. I had a game with Blackbeard and Brasilano still sailing after 65 years. I wanted to leave Blackbeard alone longer but he attacked me and I was in danger of going down so I had to take him out. He paid over 100,000. Brasilano is still sailing in the game but being only the #8 Pirate he doesn't pay very well, he's currently worth only 19,000
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to agree, the longer you leave the Named Pirates, the more you'll take from them, when you run them down and take their gold. My current adventure is just under 23 years short, and if I add up the numbers, the Named Pirates will fetch me about 186,950 pieces of eight, Henry Morgan being worth about 53,990 and Jack Rackman being worth about 2,620. Now, when I grab them up, in another decade or so, they'll be worth more, but I always like to do just a bit better than before, and Henry Morgan is only worth about 63% of the best I've taken from him, so who knows just how long I'll have to chase that scallywag down?

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn, and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out, and I know but one thing.
Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race!!
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(yay post 200)

I never seem to be able to get that much out of them pirates. Seems i always get too anxious for plunder and take them as soon as i can.

Next time i'll wait to get more gold

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I think that waiting until the big fish grows a lot bigger is a strategy I should heed...considering that a payoff from Morgan and Blackbeard can be better than finding a Lost City...
Greedy

What about Kidd? Isn't he always third? How much have you more patient "investors" received from him?
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
What about Kidd? Isn't he always third? How much have you more patient "investors" received from him?

The best I've ever got from Kidd is about 50,000. In my current game, he is worth about 31,000 now, but I'm a decade or two from starting to chase them down. I've only plundered about 875,000 now, and I like to have about 1½ million or so before I chase them, unless I've decided to wait longer than age 50 to retire. If so, as I've said before, I will chase them down as my final voyage away from home, come back to my home port and retire.

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn, and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out, and I know but one thing.
Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race!!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50,000 from Kidd, was it?

Looks like your payoff from a final "Take Out All the Named Pirates" cruise is going to be better than taking over the contemporary Spanish silver mines in Potosi, Asclepius.

Happy hunting!

Victorious
Tom Pullings
Gunner

11279 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some impressive pay-offs. I have gotten a lot from the top three on occcasion (though not that much), but more often I share Capt/ Cannon's fate. I don't like to divide the plunder, see, and in the early part of the game, at least on swash, me crew is too discontented to allow any prize to sail by.
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I recall that the main reason I go after these evil villains Wink is because I'm desperate to keep my wretched crew from mutiny. After I acquire some 800,000 doubloons in the hold, I can better afford (pun intended) to wait for my pigeons to get fatter and fatter...
Captain Boomer
Powder Monkey

129 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to try this. I got stuck in Blackbeard's bay going after him too early. Because of this frustration of having to reload to a much earlier saved game, I took out every other pirate right after that. Oops... Smile
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started a new game with the brave hero Hornblower. I will wait thirty years before I attack the named pirates, and I will report what happens...

I have avoided tangling with Blackbeard and Henry Morgan already...I restrained my aggressive instincts, and let them go.

I did take their buried treasure already- but the amount of buried loot does not appreciate over time, so I'm fine with that!
Finding Treasure
Of course, those two scallywags are not fine with it...they don't like me at all...boo hoo.
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: