Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

named pirate payoff
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
What about Kidd? Isn't he always third?

Yes Dave the Knave, for the most part, Captain Kidd is the third most Notorious Pirate, but from time to time, one or another of the lessor ranked Pirates will go on a roll and surpass one or two of those that are normally above them. I was checking the "Leader Board" last evening and saw ....

As you can see, in this moment in time, Jean Lafitte has plundered enough to supplant both Blackbeard and Captain Kidd as the second Top Pirate (I don't count my space, because I'll will soon be number one and nobody will be getting my loot).

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn, and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out, and I know but one thing.
Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race!!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for the most part, Captain Kidd is the third most Notorious Pirate, but from time to time, one or another of the lessor ranked Pirates will go on a roll and surpass one or two of those that are normally above them.

Hmmm...then it would be more accurate to say he's usually third.

Location seems to be important, too. If Henry Morgan is based near the Gulf of Florida, he always has a lot of shipping to attack.

Have you ever seen anyone besides Morgan and Blackbeard starting out as numbers One and Two, Asclepius? I have yet to be in such a game.
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Have you ever seen anyone besides Morgan and Blackbeard starting out as numbers One and Two, Asclepius? I have yet to be in such a game.

I've never seen any fluctuation in the "Starting Rotation" of the Top 10, but often see changes between 5 and 20 years into the adventure. They always get back in line before I start bagging them, but then again, I save them until the very end of my adventure, so that they're as fat with gold as possible.

In this adventure, Henry Morgan is as far out on the Western Tip of the Cuban Island as can be, and Lafitte is just across the Yucatan Passage from him, on the far Northeast corner of the peninsula. Blackbeard is on the Northern side of Jamaica, so his hunting should be grand. But, Captain Kidd is pearched down "North of Gran Granada" so that would explain his drought.

In case you're wondering, yes, I know where all 9 of their Havens are, but I won't bore you with all those details. My cheat sheet is quite extensive. Razz

Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race!!
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
What about Kidd? Isn't he always third? How much have you more patient "investors" received from him?

Dave, I just captured Kidd in my current adventure and he brought me 52,500.

I'll post a picture tomorrow «once I've sized it to fit» on this thread.

Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yucatan Peninsula is not a great place for plunder, and north of Gran Granada is pretty sparse, too...

In the games that I've played, Henry is usually around the Gulf of Florida- that seems to be a great hunting ground.

Quote:
I've never seen any fluctuation in the "Starting Rotation" of the Top 10, but often see changes...

Ah, then you've undergone a sea change, have ye?

Smile

A little Shakespearean humor there...part of a famous scene from his play the Tempest...
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
In the games that I've played, Henry is usually around the Gulf of Florida- that seems to be a great hunting ground.

I've never noticed a pattern in where Old Henry «Sorry Howie» is located, but I can tell you that in my current Anventure, I've been up and down both sides of the Florida peninsula without any sighting of Henry Morgan. I've located 7 of the 9 Named Pirates (for future capture), but haven't seen, or been told of, either Henry Morgan or L'Olannais as of yet.

Asclepius was here
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehe Smile Maybe it's Old Howie ??

Sometimes the named pirates are stuck in the weirdest remote corners which makes me wonder, that since they tend to stay there, how come they get that much loot ???
scooper
Powder Monkey

352 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest threat to my patience is I'm quite fond of sailing in Queen Anne's Revenge. I like capturing that tricked out war machine pretty early in my games. Then again, having just procurred the game recently, I'm only on my third pirate.
Wimund
Powder Monkey

198 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: named pirate payoff Reply with quote

Asclepius wrote:
loki59 wrote:
I like to leave the named pirates till later in the game. The payoff increases as the years go by. After 30 years here`s what Old Henry coughed up.

I, also, always leave the Named Pirates for my final quest, or mission. I've had more, I believe, but this is the best Henry Morgan Fare I've got a shot of. . . .

I'll get some shots of some of the Junior Named Pirates in a few days, as I'm pretty near the time in my current adventure to start chasing them down.

I do the same thing.

Very Happy
Young Guilo
Powder Monkey

862 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it matter which pirate you leave or does the money always stack up? Is there a special way to figure out how much each pirate has using the top 10 chart?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: