Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Flourishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury
Powder Monkey

135 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Flourishes Reply with quote

In the 8-1-1-8-1-1 pattern I can make flourishes on the 8:s but is it really possible to make a flourish in the 4-3-4-3-4-3-4-3 or 6-1-6-1-6-1-6-1 patterns?
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made several flourishes in the 61 or 43 patterns. To me it depends alot on the piece of music picked whether I successfully catch the rythm.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mercury,
Welcome to the forum. Well I gotta be the worst dancer around and probably not the one you want advice from Smile My arthritic fingers can`t deal with the confinements of that numpad so I need to use the mouse. Fencing I`m OK with cause I just use the #1,4,7 keys. Even so I don`t have any trouble with those flourishes till my Character gets up in age. Having the boots and slippers helps. Also the harder the difficulty the faster the tempo which makes it harder using the mouse but is still do-able. If you`re new to the game, go look in the Mods section and download the dancing lessons for some practice. Arr!
Stryker1sf
Powder Monkey

709 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing is probably the best thing I'm at, and it's possible to get flourishes with any type of music or combination or beat pattern. My advantage comes from work actually. I'm an accountant (yes, I said accountant. It's boring at times, but it brings home the bacon. Or in this case, the gold. Deal with it Razz) and I use a 10-key all the time at work. Plus I use the number inputs as well. As a result, I can do the dancing one handed and without looking at where my fingers are going. Mainly that's practice and lots of data entry throughout my years.

Another key is to figure out the patten that's gonna come. They're there, you just gotta look for them and recognize them. Good luck, and try the guide as well as the scenarios if you need more help.
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually succed with all Pattern. But the music can make it hard. The Ommpa-bommpa I just can't get strait...
ThunderBald
Swabbie

1471 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mercury!

Did you ever play with a car-simulator using the arrow keys? You can use the same technics. Trigger-finger on left arrow (4), middle finger on up arrow (Cool and ring finger on right arrow (6). If a pirouette is coming, you press one key lower. To step back you must simply hit the 'break' (2) with your middle finger. That's all. I'm surely not as experienced as Stryker1sf but I can make many flourishes in all patterns without looking the keyboard. Try it. Buying the appropriate items will also help earn more flourishes.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt Mercury is still around, but nice advice there ThunderBald!

Thunderbald wrote:
Trigger-finger on left arrow (4), middle finger on up arrow (Cool and ring finger on right arrow (6). If a pirouette is coming, you press one key lower. To step back you must simply hit the 'break' (2) with your middle finger.

I use that exact technique, it works almost everytime. I have the most problems with the 3-2-3-8-3-2-3-8 pattern, but given the right dance music i flourishes those too Very Happy

The dance music giving me the most trouble is the Dance34Normal-001 from the /Assets/Sounds/dance/music folder in the Sid Meier's Pirates! directory. The speed is just insane, and without any dancing boots i rarely get through without stumbling...
ThunderBald
Swabbie

1471 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes you're right. I didn't look on the upper line...

However I use this technics since almost 20 years and it worked and works by every game. If anyone have still problems with it maybe this should help.

Well, on the upper levels are those dances damned fast.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderBald wrote:

However I use this technics since almost 20 years and
Shocked
ThunderBald
Swabbie

1471 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Oh well, I will be 35 this year, a real matusalem. But this is nothing! My mother (over sixty) is a big AoE2 fan. With her and my brother we fight great battles on LAN sometimes. Wink Thats something, isn't it Teddybear? Laughing
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My mother (over sixty) is a big AoE2 fan. With her and my brother we fight great battles on LAN sometimes.

Ahoy! Big Age of Empires II fan here!

The time zone business is a real pain, though...and right now, I have other priorities...but a few of here could get a great game going!

Right, ExtraCrispy?
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Thunderbald wrote:
My mother (over sixty) is a big AoE2 fan. With her and my brother we fight great battles on LAN sometimes.

Ahoy! Big Age of Empires II fan here!

Aye, don't forget me! I've been a big fan since the release of Age of Empires I Very Happy

But i must say I'm no multiplayer, I have never played an online multiplayer game. I just play through the campaigns at all difficulties.. then i find a new game to complete Wink
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderBald wrote:
rupertlittlebear wrote:
ThunderBald wrote:
However I use this technics since almost 20 years and

Shocked

Thats something, isn't it Teddybear?
Laughing

Reminds me of rupertlittlebears last Avatar, a cute little teddybear pirate as far as i can remember Smile
ThunderBald
Swabbie

1471 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
But i must say I'm no multiplayer, I have never played an online multiplayer game. I just play through the campaigns at all difficulties.. then i find a new game to complete Wink

We too aren't online gamers. I mean we never played via internet but at home on our private LAN in the circle of the family mostly against the computer on the highest level.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderBald wrote:
Guru wrote:

We too aren't online gamers. I mean we never played via internet but at home on our private LAN in the circle of the family mostly against the computer on the highest level.

I too - also - never been much of an On-line player - though I do love the odd LAN gave with friends - when we are all in the same house - so much fun when you can hear the screams - and laughter.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: