Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Good but not good enough?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Good but not good enough? Reply with quote

I just went to the dancing forum and got a link to the apprentice_slippers file. I decided to dance with one of the girls and I did insanely well (for me anyway) I got a full ring of small hearts around the big one and the heart was giant but I still didn't get the ending sequence with the spin!

I've gotten that ending sequence with roughly 5 small hearts (my before now record) but now the girls just REFUSE to give me some lovin'. What's going on?

Also I noticed something... I'm starting to get 90% flourishes on left turns or right turns because... I wait until her arm is fully outstretched. I am a very musical person but I just can't get the beat without using this and I was wondering if it is the case or it's just a bit of luck.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your partner will always weigh your flubs more heavily than your flourishes. More important, the later in the dance a flub occurs, the more likely it is to scuttle your chance to get the dip-and-kiss. But it is nearly impossible to overcome more than three flubs.

It looks really impressive to get a bunch of flourishes in a row and get multiple rings of little hearts, but I don't think that affects your chances of dipping her. Lots of flourishes will help, but it doesn't matter whether they are all in a row or not. As with flubs, flourishes count more when they occur later in the dance. She has a short memory, and anything you do in the first few sets of moves (other than multiple flubs) will probably be forgotten by the end of the dance.

If you scored lots of flourishes throughout the dance with no flubs, then you should be getting the dip-and-kiss.
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I got one full row of flourishes (seems to be the norm now that I've migrated to the numpad and are using a single hand) and no mistakes I will get the dip? Cause it's driving me crazy as I haven't got a single one this game and I really want the items.

BTW: Thanks Roland.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one well placed stumble at the end can blow the dip.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't dance well enough to get the dip and you want items, then you need to dance with Attractive daughters. That's what I do! They'll start dancing with you when you reach the rank of Colonel.

With your luck, however, you might dance well enough to dip the Attractive daughters - and then they won't give you items either! You need to go for the hand-kiss with the Attractive ones.
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
I've gotten 100% dip rate with the plain daughters and got the item from the attractive. Turned out it was just me stumbling all over the place. What do the beautifuls give you if you dance and dip?
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal wrote:
What do the beautifuls give you if you dance and dip?

Early in the game, they'll give you clues to find Raymundo or Montalban, or an update to their location. If you're aware of both, and your information isn't too old, she'll start giving you the "Lost City" maps quite early.

Just remember, once you've got all the items that the daughters provide, your family, Montalban and the lost cities, all the daughters give you information about criminals. The reward ranges between 1,000 and 5,000 doubloons, and if you want, bounty hunting can be quite profitable.

Fair Winds and Following Seas !!
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She gave me info on Raymondo after I kissed her hand. What will I get for a dip or is it exactly the same? Also do you get extra romance points for dipping her or is it the same either way because I've decided the lady of Nevis to be my wife
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what gets you the lost city map parts.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal wrote:
She gave me info on Raymondo after I kissed her hand. What will I get for a dip or is it exactly the same?

Information on Montalban. If you have already defeated Montalban, then you'll get a Lost City map piece.

Eternal wrote:
Also do you get extra romance points for dipping her or is it the same either way because I've decided the lady of Nevis to be my wife

Dipping gets you a better reward, but it doesn't give you any points. You just get points for advancing the romance subplot and the beauty of the daughter. I copied this table from Sashanan:
Code:
SUBPLOT                       PLAIN  ATTRACTIVE  BEAUTIFUL
Completing the first dance        1           2          3
Giving her a gift                 2           3          4
Hearing that fiance is jealous    3           4          5
Beating the fiance in a duel      4           5          6
Completing the second dance       5           6          7
Rescuing daughter from Mendoza    6           7          8
Returning daughter to father      7           8          9
Marriage                          8           9         10
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that means no matter how well I dance with the beautiful I will always get the same romance points and the same rewards?
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, no, you always get the lost city map parts if you dance really well and you always get the Raymondo info if you dance OK.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal wrote:
So that means no matter how well I dance with the beautiful I will always get the same romance points and the same rewards?

Always the same points, but possibly different rewards.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: