Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

what is the smallest force you have ransacked a city with?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Did you win?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATT001 wrote:
Shocked Did you win?
you cannot ransack a city

unless you win.
MATT001
Powder Monkey

831 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed.

Now I look slightly stupid. Sad C'est la vie.
Malus
Swabbie

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

149-240
I hid in the woods and flanked their forces when they were closing to my bucaniers.
vykor
Powder Monkey

240 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A personal best was 260 crew against 640 soldiers in Veracruz. No Indian village or pirate havens nearby, so I had to take on the city without softening it up.

It was the luckiest map I ever got. There was a forested area, walled off entirely by rocks except for one single opening at the front. Outside the rock walls, there was a big clearing, where the enemy has to walk through to get to the opening. The only thing missing from that awesome natural fort was a moat Smile I think I could have taken 2x the soldiers and still won with that map.

Of course, the next battle I had to fight on a big open plain, with all the trees on their side Sad
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Worst odds I've used

while still sacking the city

was

a mere

50 vs 300

and I had the 50

That's pretty good rupertlittlebear, 2 vs. 12 units i presume?
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to sack Havana with 157 vs 2240 soldiers in my current Rogue Merchantman Challenge, surprisingly I couldn't even try Razz

Would have been something like 2 units vs 29, epic!

I've never before seen a city that well defended...

PS: The necromancer strikes again
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Just tried to sack Havana with 157 vs 2240 soldiers in my current Rogue Merchantman Challenge, surprisingly I couldn't even try Razz

Would have been something like 2 units vs 29, epic!

I've never before seen a city that well defended...

PS: The necromancer strikes again

Pirate Zombies
Mad Jack of the Red
Swabbie

2137 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: what is the smallest size force . . . . Reply with quote

The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story is that a fairy tale begins with, "Once upon a time . . . ." and a sea story begins with, "This ain't no %#*&.". The system won't let you attack with less than 3-to-1 odds. And this . . . . stuff . . . . about not using all the mates that you landed with is a sea story of the first order. http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/images/smiles/razz.gif
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: what is the smallest size force . . . . Reply with quote

Mad Jack of the Red wrote:
The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story is that a fairy tale begins with, "Once upon a time . . . ." and a sea story begins with, "This ain't no %#*&.". The system won't let you attack with less than 3-to-1 odds. And this . . . . stuff . . . . about not using all the mates that you landed with is a sea story of the first order. http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/images/smiles/razz.gif

Well done - you have resurrected a 3 yr old thread.

I wonder if some of the original posters like Guru or Rupert will also reply Smile
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: what is the smallest size force . . . . Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:

I wonder if some of the original posters like Guru or Rupert will also reply Smile

sparticus wrote:
Pirate Zombies

Enough said.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: what is the smallest size force . . . . Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
sparticus wrote:

sparticus wrote:
Pirate Zombies

Enough said.

You have an issue with Zombie Lego Pirates ??? Smile

Bringing Life to Cutlass Isle : Zap it 1 more time ... !!!

Young Guilo
Powder Monkey

862 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I was able to do was 220 vs 600 spaniards. They had tons of cavalry so all i had to do was stay in the woods. My musketeers took out most of the natives and then I flanked the guards to finally take Puerto Cabello.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:

Uh, hello there Retired in Panama
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
sparticus wrote:

Uh, hello there Retired in Panama

Welcome Home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: