Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Idea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Idea Reply with quote

Unlimited gold to be earned by posting. It doesn't even look like anybody spams the forums(Besides me, sorta Very Happy ) and there should be unlimited gold. What if you write a huge, 99 page paragraph(as if Smile ) and then you get no gold? Mad
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your point being? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but since when does a pirate have a limit of gold? Imagine my story:(Yay, storytime Smile )
You walk along, looking for a pirates treasure, and finally find the marker that shows on the map, your pirates start digging as you command. After a couple of hours of digging, your crew uncovers a treasure chest and you pick the lock, and open the top. As you look inside, all you see is a note Confused and as you read it, it says "Sorry, there is no more gold today. Come back tomorrow". Disappointed, your crew kicks you into the huge hole as you try and climb back up, and run to your pirate ship, take it over, and get off land. Trapped inside a hole without a ship or crew, and after a day, you look into the treasure chest again and there's gold...Gold's I tells yah!

Okay, highly unlikely Very Happy but still lol.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know . . . if you manage to cheese Falconer off

he'll set the gold limit to 10 per day.

so count yer 200 very carefully.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, even pirates have to work for their money. Smile
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I don't mean to be rude either, but what is it you're after changing?

200 gold per post, xxxx per day (whatever that is, i'm assuming up to 9999? )

So taking your example 25 paragraph post, break it up to small chunks (as you did in your story thread) and post till you hit the limit, then post the remainder the next day ...

Even one as verbose as I hasn't hit that limit yet ... have you? I'm sure you've overtopped the 200 per post, but what about the daily limit?
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limitations are something that was very necessary when this forum was very active indeed. We had some people who actually posted merely to get the gold and sometimes registered as 2 different people in order to "discuss" something and make lots of gold after which the "extra participant" naturally gave away all the earned gold to the main user.

So, there was lots of thievery amongst pirates back then.

But the Brethren (tm) has internal rules that all members of the Brethren (tm) must follow. Those who broke the rules were duly punished.

In any case, the point is that even though we don't have as many users around these days and no real spammers, the rules were made for a reason. And it is pretty hard to change laws once they have been made. There is an eternal pile of forms to be filled, delivery dates to follow, various tests made on the bodies and mind of anyone who actually fills out all those forms, some random drunken brawling in all kinds of meetings, etc. etc.

Very exhausting work, indeed! Better not go there!
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: