Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PHTrainer Version 3.X
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. As far as addresses go, anything you have documented?

I realize I'm standing on your shoulders, and Phalzyr's, but that's the way i work best, by building on the work of others.

I'm not much of a programmer, since my experience is mostly with DarkBasic and a little C++, but I do understand variables and how they can be applied.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
Thanks. As far as addresses go, anything you have documented?
There's a lot of stuff "documented" in the IDA database. Look at the names display, for instance. I don't have any documentation outside of that, except what I've written on the forums. I had intended to create a wiki to centralize all knowledge about modding Pirates! but I figured almost nobody would read it, so it wouldn't be worth the (significant) effort...
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry that almost everyone who used to love this game seems to have moved on. It's understandable, since Sid Meier himself seems to have done so. But my playing experience has improved tremendously since I've been making changes. Maybe if we do release some kind of mod package, it might pique some interest in the old guard.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gone nor am I going to be unless of course I really die. It's been fun learning to mod this game. I'm not finished yet but I'm not sure what it would take to get people to come back to smp in droves. Free rum maybe but most of those who are gone probably wouldn't get the word cause they ain't around anymore. Wait a minute! Just hit me. if we could release a mod package and have the Swedish bikini team advertise it for us why will be back in business in no time. What say ye?
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
If we could release a mod package and have the Swedish bikini team advertise it for us why will be back in business in no time. What say ye?

I'm willing to be on the negotiation team to recruit them... Cool
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. If they join us I can do their ballroom mods and tavern paintings Smile
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, both of my sons-in-law and my grandchildren play the game.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleetp your a genius. Thanks for the tip. How about Dora the Explorer Pirates! Give the barmaid modest clothing and the Dora voice and the governor can sing the Barney song when you enter the Governors mansion.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Fleetp your a genius. Thanks for the tip. How about Dora the Explorer Pirates! Give the barmaid modest clothing and the Dora voice and the governor can sing the Barney song when you enter the Governors mansion.

My grand-daughter likes the sea vixen mod. She's a bit old for Dora the Explorer, and none of my grandchildren (or my sons-in-law) like Barney.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody likes Barney, that's why they make gun targets with his picture on it. I like kids though. I have two girls. I remember how surprised my daughter was to find her picture hanging in the English tavern. I could do something for kids but my kids never asked me too. They don't like the game much just take over my game for menace now and then.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
They don't like the game much just take over my game for menace now and then.
So you're raising mischievous girls. I support this!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup just like dad they're mean as a snake
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Glitch in CoG Duel... Reply with quote

I solved the mystery with the "crew scores at zero" in the Captain of the Guard duel.

The glitch reappeared magically this morning, and through a lot of troubleshooting (involving reinstalling pretty much everything), I narrowed the problem down to PHTrainer.

PHTrainer has a "Ship Fighting Difficulty" section on the Battle options Page. I really didn't know what it did, so I was fooling around with it last night, and left the boxes checked. Apparently, the Duel with the CoG uses the same subroutine as the Ship Duel.

When I cleared all the boxes, the glitch vanished. I've messed around with it before, and that's what must have happened when I reported it earlier in this thread. Blush

Sorry I made you worry that it was part of your code, Adam. I'm very glad you didn't rip everything apart trying to solve it.

On the plus side, if you ever want to avoid an "annoying captain" duel (because, well, they're annoying), just leave the "Negate Loss of Men" boxes checked. Rolling Eyes
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Glitch in CoG Duel... Reply with quote

Mandiuscreel wrote:
Sorry I made you worry that it was part of your code, Adam. I'm very glad you didn't rip everything apart trying to solve it.
Well, I'm glad the mystery was solved. :-)
MathieuC
Powder Monkey

16 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Gog (Good Old Games) have release a free-drm version of Sid Meier Pirates, the exact version is 1.0.2.

When I use PHTrainer, I select 1.0.2 version but the game crash after the introduction. Does someone know how to find what is wrong ?

Best regards.

Mathieu
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: