Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PHTrainer Version 3.X
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy and good day to ye pilgrims. Me just installed SMP on another compooper with winders 10. Got that to work I think but wanted to get back to modding using the trainer for time saving purposes. The trainer launches the game without a dandburn hitch but that's all I can get it to do at the moment. Doesn't seem to matter which version of the game you select in the menu you cant select or change anything that will actually show up in the game. Just a game launcher and that's it. Any Ideers folks?
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Howdy and good day to ye pilgrims. Me just installed SMP on another compooper with winders 10. Got that to work I think but wanted to get back to modding using the trainer for time saving purposes. The trainer launches the game without a dandburn hitch but that's all I can get it to do at the moment. Doesn't seem to matter which version of the game you select in the menu you cant select or change anything that will actually show up in the game. Just a game launcher and that's it. Any Ideers folks?
Try this one.

http://www.lonebullet.com/tools/download-sid-meiers-pirates-phtrainer-v320-free-295.htm
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:

It's been so long since I used the trainer I had to re-familiarize myself with it.
Try this: Start Pirates without the trainer, and load a saved game.
With Pirates still open, use the ALT -TAB keystroke method to get back to the desktop. While in the desktop, open the trainer.
Change the anount of gold.
Use the ALT - TAB keystroke method to return to Pirates.
Pause Pirates an check to see if the amount of gold changed. If it changed the trainer is working.
Save the game.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinks for the tip fleetp. I got it working just fine. The last try I made was one I thought I already tried by running the program as administrator. Oh well all is well now. Even SMP needed a compatibility check performed. It would run but crashed sometimes leaving me no choice but to manually tun off and reboot but that's not happening now. Tired of being just a trivia pirate and now back into creating something. Thanks.
Kobra299
Powder Monkey

64 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

I have tried using the trainer and searching for the gold offset which I found but it still does not seem to be working the version of the game I am using is Steam version 1.0.2.0 (30927) so if any one can offer help I would be most greatful
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

Kobra299 wrote:
I have tried using the trainer and searching for the gold offset which I found but it still does not seem to be working the version of the game I am using is Steam version 1.0.2.0 (30927) so if any one can offer help I would be most greatful

Should work. Seems like I had to do a compatibility check to get it to work on a new computer if memory serves me correct. Even the game didn't like my computer at first so I did the same for that.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

Kobra299 wrote:

Did you try this?
Start Pirates without the trainer, and load a saved game.
With Pirates still open, use the ALT -TAB keystroke method to get back to the desktop. While in the desktop, open the trainer.
Change the amount of gold.
Pause Pirates and check to see if the amount of gold changed. If it changed the trainer is working.
Save the game.
Kobra299
Powder Monkey

64 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Kobra299 wrote:

Did you try this?
Start Pirates without the trainer, and load a saved game.
Change the amount of gold.
Pause Pirates and check to see if the amount of gold changed. If it changed the trainer is working.
Save the game.

I tried that and I used cheat engine to find the gold amount so I could get the offset

also where should the trainer be placed as at the moment I have it in seprate folder from SMP but am thinking about putting copy in the main SMP folder
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

Kobra299 wrote:

I tried that and I used cheat engine to find the gold amount so I could get the offset

also where should the trainer be placed as at the moment I have it in seprate folder from SMP but am thinking about putting copy in the main SMP folder

I don't have the steam version, but here's where I have mine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\PHTrainer3

That's the same folder that has my 'Sid Meier's Pirates!' folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Pirates!
Kobra299
Powder Monkey

64 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:

and the trainer works for you there?
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Trainer not working any more Reply with quote

Kobra299 wrote:
fleetp wrote:

and the trainer works for you there?

Yes.
Kobra299
Powder Monkey

64 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still not working for me tried moving it to the steam folder and it did not work
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kobra299"]still not working for me tried moving it to the steam folder and it did not work[/quote]

Will it launch the game? Do you have Smp installed? Did you try the compatibility check. Are you using a Windows computer or Mac?
Kobra299
Powder Monkey

64 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have steam vesion installed it does not seem to run SMP as for the compatibility check I am not sure how to do that with version 3.20 of the trainer
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobra299 wrote:
I have steam vesion installed it does not seem to run SMP as for the compatibility check I am not sure how to do that with version 3.20 of the trainer

Right click trainer icon. Select properties. Click on compatilbilty tab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: