Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

New Quiz Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 892, 893, 894  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Those barbarians can't speak proper Latin!

Where is it?

North Eastern Spain, close to the middle of the autonomous community Aragon.

Und eye dunt kno whut yu talkin abut. I'm u barbariun an I writ beter English than u
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Rusty Edge wrote:
Those barbarians can't speak proper Latin!

Where is it?

North Eastern Spain, close to the middle of the autonomous community Aragon.

Und eye dunt kno whut yu talkin abut. I'm uh barbariun an I writ beter English than u

Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Roland has the wrong decade. Rusty is close.

Good! Now I don't have to come up with a question and keep an eye on it over the weekend.
Razz
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure who told you I'd bother keeping an eye on it over the weekend.

Arr!

OK, my weekends don't look anything like that, but I don't have an emoticon for doing chores and taking care of kids.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Rusty is punting, I'll go with the obvious answer: 1968. That was actually my first instinct, but then I thought Jimmy Page was still with the Yardbirds in 1968.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1968 it is. The Yardbirds fell apart in 1968 so technically you were right about that too.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case nobody noticed there is a spammer on board. I wouldn't recommend clicking any links.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Page originally formed the new band under the name The New Yardbirds to fulfill a couple of contract obligated tour dates. But being a Page/Zeppelin fan, I deserved to lose if I didn't pull that one off of the top of my head.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Just in case nobody noticed there is a spammer on board. I wouldn't recommend clicking any links.

I'm deleting his posts and have contacted hookedgamers and requested the spammer be banned.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to legend, Charlemagne had 12 paladins, or peers. The best known of these are Roland and his best friend Oliver. Roland's other close friend, Bishop Turpin, is also sometimes listed as a paladin, but not usually. The list of the remaining 9 or 10 paladins varies from one tale to another.

Name one of Charlemagne's other paladins. Wait 24 hours before searching the internet.

Hint: Poul Anderson (1961) and Andre Norton (1951) wrote fantasy novels about two of these obscure paladins, which some of you might have in your libraries.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Pirate wrote:

I'm deleting his posts and have contacted hookedgamers and requested the spammer be banned.

Thanks. I deleted a couple, but was not notified about most of them and did not have time to go through each category manually.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back in Tampa on our turnaround day. On Friday we were in Grand Cayman Island. We next cruise to Cozumel and then to the BAy of Honduras. You know that lake we always walk around looking for Monty,s hideout? Well, there is a river from the Bay leading to this lake and they built a fortress on the river to protect against pirates from sailing into this lake!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
According to legend, Charlemagne had 12 paladins, or peers. The best known of these are Roland and his best friend Oliver. Roland's other close friend, Bishop Turpin, is also sometimes listed as a paladin, but not usually. The list of the remaining 9 or 10 paladins varies from one tale to another.

Name one of Charlemagne's other paladins. Wait 24 hours before searching the internet.

Hint: Poul Anderson (1961) and Andre Norton (1951) wrote fantasy novels about two of these obscure paladins, which some of you might have in your libraries.

I'm guessing. Was El Cid one of them?
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
fleetp wrote:
Pirate wrote:

Thanks. I deleted a couple, but was not notified about most of them and did not have time to go through each category manually.

The admins at hookedgamers responded to my request and deleted the spammer. I deleted 80 spam posts.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:
fleetp wrote:
Pirate wrote:

The admins at hookedgamers responded to my request and deleted the spammer. I deleted 80 spam posts.

Thanks for deleting all of that spam. I'm not sure he has been removed from the community yet or not since it still says [ The newest registered user is myy] which is the spammer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 892, 893, 894  Next
Page 429 of 894

Jump to: