Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PORT ROYAL STORY (2)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coagula
Swabbie

10143 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: PORT ROYAL STORY (2) Reply with quote

We approached the ship, CARPE DIEM, and she was beribboned with fluttering pennants, the mark of a ship that bested me when but a BOY smuggler. Our gun-ports were open and Roxanne raced to a cannon to give the bowshot warning. She did, then stood on the rail and bared her bosom ! Lunatic like, shouting "ARR-ARR-ARR" just as the ships colors were hauled down. As we neared to board the traitorous wretches let a broadside, all six cannons missed, and we crashed along side. I held back to enjoy the spectacle of my sea dogs climb, crawl,and leap o'er the side howling. If yells could kill they'd all be dead. But no, weyud clatter their blades a bit followed by their certain surren...I vaulted over the railings right into a bristling patch of 'em an' YOIKS- I was hard pressed against the rail. Of a sudden was Jack Black, ol' one eye, thrusten' an' reachin' for a pistol, then shoots into the face of the one he crossed swords, and throws the empty pistol at another and slices this other at the neck and draws a second pistol and shoots another and throws this pistol at another and slashes this other and machine-like he draws pistols, shoots, throws, and slashes. He has inspired me. Together we cleared the stern-castle and follow those retreating to the main deck.
I canna' believe wot I see at the fore-castle ! With a rapier duels Roxanne, as bare chested as my seamen, berserk an' yellin' ARR-ARR-ARR and each time a cutlass was raised to strike she'ud prick their sword hand. They flinched something fearful. She was encircled but so intimidated were they as all held back. She flashed and slashed the air-WHOOSH-WHOOSH- and demanded surrender. Wholly bested by the frenzied anger of this maenad, they kneeled blubbering "Mercy, mercy." With a musical clattering of weapons falling to the boards them on the main-deck also gave up.
The original cargo the rapscallions had looted from me was returned with great interest added.
" I gives you this prize Cap'n Black ! "
" Wot ? A ship named FRESH FISH? "
" CARPE DIEM means - seize the day - explained Roxanne, smiling.
" Ahh..Seize...Much more to my likin', And this is for you, Coagula," He presents me a pistol, the one with a secret, spring loaded bayonet !

At night, no moon, a sea of silky black, the stars barely sharing light, the ships lanterns define a little world, a stage floating in an abyss. I stand behind her. Her hair caresses my face. At this moment we are most together yet apart. Ever present is L'Olonais, our common bond, of him we shared, and he held our lips, er, my lips. She spoke into the stillness of the night. I knew she would describe another outrage, her voice so musical, the content so painful.
"Gibraltar.....In Gibraltar there was a rich woman with a beautiful, young daughter...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad#Art
http://www.eaudrey.com/myth/nereid.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpe_diem
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: