Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

CHAPTER (3) CARLOTTA at LIBERTY #9 #10 #11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coagula
Swabbie

10143 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: CHAPTER (3) CARLOTTA at LIBERTY #9 #10 #11 Reply with quote

CHAPTER (3) CARLOTTA at LIBERTY #9

Meanwhile
The absence of Coagule inspired Bess to' tidy' his room. She didn't find it at once, but she tried hard. When she changed the sheets, under the 'mattress' the log and some papers- O.. What's this list ? O...He IS a spy....O...Why am I attracted to ruffians? She reads at the casement. The light is best, the air is sweet. She opens the book, and at random, comes to this entry, at the end pages.

"To follow the biblical laws regarding seven years of servitude I have granted a writ of manumission to Montalban. His attendance to my needs has been exemplary and never failing, often perceiving them before myself. His arrogance had peeled away and revealed was a man so unaffected. so pleasing, so unobtrusively winning that everyone was fond of him. He did his work without complaint, usually singing as he went along. and never seen until needed. He was familiar with all the tasks of seamen, and never shirked. He was first up the ratlines and last at the grog. In battle, he was invincible, a fearsome swordsman, he had saved my skin many times. He tended the wounded and mourned the dead. If he was bitter about my early punishment he held his tongue, perhaps he came to understand the why of my temper. His every act proved the desire to ' live the life' - pirate, and on my recommendation he was accepted into the Brotherhood. So I freed him from his bond and gave him a ship to captain and have not seen him since."

She changes her opinion of the pirate Captain.She fingers the pages and comes, at last, to the part that's exciting, to the 'Abduction of the Governor's Daughter'.

"I soon learned that the senorita's anger at being separated from her father was a pretense. Once she understood that I meant to protect, not harm her she reveled , discovering freedom. Absent was her watchful guardian, the duenna, and her father's oppression, his sloop a prison. The voyage from Cadiz was boring, the sea, boring, her life, its' constraints, boring. But this ship is special, different, different now the sea ever-changing. Men, not minions, smiling men not afraid of her father. Strange men, stranger still- Myself, what were my intentions? - and strangest of all, the man bound beneath the bowsprit, in the arms of the spider woman, moaning hourly, 'mercy.' She stands in the bow, feeling the ship, the surge of it, forward, the wind beating her face, hair, free, a tumultuous mass. Freedom- she never knew she wanted it until she had it. She looked down to Montalban and smiled. By what deed had he earned such fearful punishment she wondered and by what act might she. Vulnerable yet secure she discarded her heavy gowns and wandered in white underdress, her shift and corselet. Her charming, released genii effervesces. She has the run of the ship, our princess, with poised nobility veiling sparkling youth. Eighteen and never been kissed... yet !
" I have a favorite place. I neglect my duties to rest there.'Tis the bowsprit I favor, to sit above Montalban. I smoke there. It comforts me- knowing my revenge is complete - short of murdering him - 'tho that is on my mind. He has been intimate with the figurehead for days. The hammocks tight netting extrudes his flesh. I am fond of his misery and his moans. Of course he is fed. A risky task it is too. A matelot must balance and reach down to supply him biscuit and water. Perhaps I'll stop feeding him, let him starve and die. Arachne needs a corpse, needs his bones. But not yet, my revenge is sweeter when I see him let water, or soil himself."

Bess again changes her opinion regarding Thanatos.
" The senorita climbed over the bow-rail and down to me on the bowsprit.. She sat, straddling it, facing me. The sea rocked us gently, like playing at see-saw and she smiled into my face. The parting sea gurgled. Our knees touched. We did not speak. When dry mouthed Montalban whispers 'mercy' we smile into each other.

Skipping paragraphs Bess comes to-
'she knows when I come here, neglecting my duties, and joins me often. She straddle the bowsprit, that protruding wooden taper. We ride it together, her back to my chest , close. In all the weathers, we ride all the moods of the sea. She leans against me when it's calm, and the sun sets. She likes to unlace her corselet and allow the breeze her body. Together, heads close, facing the sea... or...We are riders, crouching on an undulating sea serpent... or racing each other.... Her shift flutters... she slides closer to me.... I forget the ship behind me.... The sea is a playground... We are a double centaur charging into the chop-waves.... In rougher seas the bow lifts then smashes down... we slice through a wall of water.... water washed Montalban screams...Our toes can reach him.. .rest on him...There are seas that return me to Captain. Storm-seas. I must be at the wheel. The safety of all depends..."etc....
Coagula
Swabbie

10143 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAPTER (3) CARLOTTA at LIBERTY # 10

"i struggle between my senses and my ' good' sense. My ransom depends on delivery of Carlotta healthy and whole, so I keep tight rein on my senses. I am truly tested. We we're crouching on the bowsprit, race riders on a foaming sea. Carlotta, arms upraised, twirled the laces of her corselet. Then she whipped the laces down to urge her 'mount' faster and struck Montalban . Stung by the tippets he yelped 'HARLOT' She struck again and again. The ship did seem to move faster.
She has taken to teasing Montalban, dangling her laces before his face . loosely trailing them along his body, lashing him at will. Red spots mar where the tippets have stung."
She has taken to tease a loafer,( I don't remember how this game started) and he knows he's been selected, he's IT. 'Tis the child's game "can't catch me". They scamper about the deck, over the hatches around the the masts, and dodging-left-right-left-the capstan. He leers and tears at the air . She flees, shrieking giggles, looking over her shoulder as he pursues her with arms outstretched making as if the grab her. She lets him corner her. He advances - 'No" - step -"O"- by -"No" - slow -"NO" - step, fingers wiggling to tickle. Next, and he knows it, she lashes his hands with laces, he slows to let her, then lunges to her waist. An innocent place, he wouldn't dare grope, we're all watching, he tickles without mercy while she pummels his shoulders, his chest, his head. She's jumping O trying to break the hold O no chance at that O twisting making things worse O or better. She sinks to the deck, gone over the brink, panting. Har har the crew gets back to work smirking.
She has taken to lashing the men. Strutting like a deranged bosun, she lashes indiscriminately. They mutter "Aye aye,sir" meekly, hoping to have next turn at the tickle game. She ordered the two from Gran Granada tied to the jollyboat, side by side, and herself tugged their shirts to the waist' leaving their backs bare. They twisted and cursed under the lash but was pretended for she didn't whip hard, just letting the laces, without that sharp whoosh, land like a caress. I didn't care to stop her fun. Was she going mad? I didn't care to stop their fun. Where would this familiarity lead?
We were riding the bowsprit when the ship entered a fog bank. We seemed really alone. The ship lost to the mist. She twisted to kiss me and I let her. I pressed her down, her back to the wood of the bowsprit. I leaned forward. She grasped my head, fingers in my hair, and brought her lips to mine. The singularity of her first kiss lasted as long as she wished. We emerged from the fog bank to see, dead ahead, a French frigate posing for a portrait! Was there ever any as surprised as us. My crew ceased training those two from Grand Granada who would be sailors/matelots/pirates . IF the frigate gun ports were open and IF her cannons loaded and IF manned, the broadside could take a terrible toll. IF...BUT they were as surprised as us ! Orders from captains ricochet between the ships. Clearly outgunned we made back to the shelter of the mists. The frigate followed. She tagged after us as we sailed among the cloud-banks sighting us in the rare open patches. Then the wind stalled becalming both and mists shifted.. We were visible but out of cannon range. The Frenchman lowered longboats hoping to row to, and board us. My cannons were loaded with solid ball so I ordered grapeshot for the carronades. They came in range... and knew it... I waited... Let them come closer... We will blow them apart. The death waiting for them was delayed by a new drifting cloud-bank and the breeze got lively. We held to quiet while they 'hallooed' to find each other. It seemed in their confusion, we had lost them. We drifted silently, slowly to safety. One of my carronades FIRED ! MY carronade?'It's flash revealed us. I will kill the fool that did it. Shouts from the French ship as she made for us. I ran to the bow and found the lanyard for the carronades match-stock still smoking, in Carlotta's hand. "It's so exciting" she whispered.. I grabbed her wrist and squeezed. 'That's exciting too', she squealed. I squeezed her wrist harder 'till she winced. She loved it! I twisted her to her knees and she smiled up at me! I slapped her. There is a sound that ripping fabric makes,,, the same sound as a French ship sliding onto a sand-bar.
"And THAT is what I CALL exciting. The shallower draft of my ship saved me a similar fate. Perhaps I'll gain me a frigate, Arrr- 'How about it lads?' I shouted pointing at the helpless French! 'Frogs- Fried-Frogs' came their resonant roar. She surrendered quickly, and the way of it follows.

Bess overlooks this and goes on to the next page. This is the part she skipped over.Rain starts bringing troopers.

"The French ship lay tilted. Her cannons could fire into the sea or up, into the sky. Helpless really, except for the 'chasers' in the bow and stern and they'd be hard pressed to aim true, the deck being so tilty. I tacked back and forth behind her stern, letting warning shots to each side of her, and demanded the Captain, who I could see clearly, surrender and spare lives. She didn't dare make a hostile expression with stern chasers. The white flag of surrender is a pretty flag, as long as it's not yours. A short handed crew was sent to disarm and address them to the hold. Then more mine came aboard and I settled with the Captain. The jolly boats were stocked with water and victuals. He would depart with the officers -and ordinary seamen who wished to join him. Many did. I was surprised, for their Captain cared nothing for their lives, as proved by that foolhardy, attempted attack using longboats. I hate killing sailors, any sailors, their lives are so hard. We waited for the currents, or wind, or our weight reduction efforts to free the ship. In the end it was the tide that lifted her that evening."
Coagula
Swabbie

10143 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARLOTTA at LIBERTY #11

They are calling for her to come downstairs-Angry-Her father- a chorus of jeers and demands for service. She reads on, wouldn't you?

Back to 'Arachne' and Carlotta. Her punishment must be swift, severe and public. I hastened to the bow. the two from Gran Granada leaned over the railing, I fell to between them groping, and we bumped hips, in spite of my anger, in a friendly fashion. What amused them so? Looking over to the bowspirt I see Carlotta whipping helpless Montalban with those laces, whoosh, really hard whoosh stinging lashes. That amused them? I ordered her to return to the deck. I ordered Montalban released. He was lifted to the deck and the hammock unfurled. His first stretch agonized all. 'Thank you Captain' and he stretched again. Spots of blood dotted his face and flesh. One eye was swollen shut, 'Thank you Captain' He sprang at Carlotta, hands squeezing her throat, chocking, killing 'THANK YOU CAPTAIN' he grinned up at me. a maniac. Carlotta wiggled worm-like, beneath him, gasping. We pried him off in time, and restrained him. Carlotta had a purpling bruise encircling her neck. Dizzy, coughing, sputtering we rolled HER into the hammock and tied her into 'Arachne's embrace. 'This is punishment for firing the carronade, you fool! '
All took turns at the bow gazing at the mighty now fallen. Some spat at her and she laughed. Montalban cursed to her - "HARLOT" and she cursed him back vilely. A chant evolved " Carlotta-Harlota-Carlotta- Harlota" whenever two or more gathered there. How she laughed! They sent great gobs of spittle her way and she yelled for more! It wasn't pretty. Familiarity had bred contempt. The degrading humiliation, her helplessness was a new ecstasy for her - name calling chanting, the ogling, the spitting, she didn't like it- she loved it! She transcended normal and reveled at the extreme poles of experience. Who knows what she'll do behind the back of her fathers authority.

Coagula gets caught in the rain. It's not the first time. The 'hoesticks' dangle and drip.They were crossed when he left. The taproom hums. It's the soldiers.He gestures salutations, waving, quickly mounting the stairs.He takes off the wet and his boots, sees the book on the floor. He lifts the mattress to find the papers are there, all of them. On the bed he reads where Bess left off.

"Don Peligrosso is upset by the bruises on her neck that have not completely healed. I have returned her harmed. Staring at me intently, her face a smiling masque, she invents an extraordinary sea battle where Montalban and I rescued her from the mad Frenchman, L'Olonnais...who caused the injury.The Governor thanks me for this brave, timely rescue.
I won't detail the minutia of the 'Celebration of the Return' dinner. My cook had prepared empanadas and dips, Don Pelogrosso brought dessert and wines apparently high in alcohol, for at the end of the dinner we were giddy as any good friends could be. Dessert was presented; an array of fruit and cream pies. We were stuffed, so the multitude of pies seemed a daunting gustatory challenge. I stared at them and laughed. My laugh was contagious, we shared similar sentiments and laughed together at the plethora of CREAM PIES.
An imp rose and possessed me to take one and push it against Carlotta's face. Well that stopped the laughing awright, but our sides still heaved as we caught breath. The Don and I wiped tears from our cheeks and contemplated white faced Carlotta. She advanced her tongue as if commanded. Gradually cream fell to it. She licked her lips. I slid my finger down the ridge of her nose and dropped the dollop onto her protruding tongue. With a clawed hand I stroked her cheek, creating furrows so streaks of her skin showed. She licked off each finger and at the thumb pretended resistance. Tongue and thumb fenced, until thumb with a lunge, plunges into her mouth . Her lips constrict around it. Capturing it; sucking it clean of cream. Hardly knowing what to make of this extraordinary display Don Pelogrosso preferred feigned amusement over embarrassed humiliation . She looked like a painted savage. Did she press her fathers face into a pie? Did he lick cream from her fingers? I don't remember. Perhaps while I leaned out the window puking. Recovered, I turned to the room and was greeted with cream pies, front and back, and chasing each other around the table, tossing pies 'till there wasn't one left. Not much more to tell here. We sat, giddily throwing grapes at each other 'till they were gone.'Tis verily fun, we should do it more often.' She lifts her hand for me to kiss, a gentleman's kiss which is not a kiss at all, but a mere brushing of breath, if done politely. She mashes her hand against my mouth, pressing my lips against the teeth so hard it hurt. The Governor sees and may wonder what message is conveyed. He will soon find out. While exploring freedom she had discovered anarchy. She curtsied deeply, head bowed, shoulders bare, and I backed off with all the gestures of bowing, A formal departure drenched with civilized artifice."
" I still favor the bow-sprit near Arachne. I smoke there, It comforts me.The French name for my new frigate was 'Sphinx", it's a good name, I might change it to 'Arachne' and bring the figure-head over, or maybe to 'Eros' , that's what I'm thinking now.

Coagula fell to sleep with a smile - about in the middle of the pie fight.
Coagula
Swabbie

10143 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARLOTTA at LIBERTY #11

They are calling for her to come downstairs-Angry-Her father- a chorus of jeers and demands for service. She reads on, wouldn't you?

Back to 'Arachne' and Carlotta. Her punishment must be swift, severe and public. I hastened to the bow. the two from Gran Granada leaned over the railing, I fell to between them groping, and we bumped hips, in spite of my anger, in a friendly fashion. What amused them so? Looking over to the bowspirt I see Carlotta whipping helpless Montalban with those laces, whoosh, really hard whoosh stinging lashes. That amused them? I ordered her to return to the deck. I ordered Montalban released. He was lifted to the deck and the hammock unfurled. His first stretch agonized all. 'Thank you Captain' and he stretched again. Spots of blood dotted his face and flesh. One eye was swollen shut, 'Thank you Captain' He sprang at Carlotta, hands squeezing her throat, chocking, killing 'THANK YOU CAPTAIN' he grinned up at me. a maniac. Carlotta wiggled worm-like, beneath him, gasping. We pried him off in time, and restrained him. Carlotta had a purpling bruise encircling her neck. Dizzy, coughing, sputtering we rolled HER into the hammock and tied her into 'Arachne's embrace. 'This is punishment for firing the carronade, you fool! '
All took turns at the bow gazing at the mighty now fallen. Some spat at her and she laughed. Montalban cursed to her - "HARLOT" and she cursed him back vilely. A chant evolved " Carlotta-Harlota-Carlotta- Harlota" whenever two or more gathered there. How she laughed! They sent great gobs of spittle her way and she yelled for more! It wasn't pretty. Familiarity had bred contempt. The degrading humiliation, her helplessness was a new ecstasy for her - name calling chanting, the ogling, the spitting, she didn't like it- she loved it! She transcended normal and reveled at the extreme poles of experience. Who knows what she'll do behind the back of her fathers authority.

Coagula gets caught in the rain. It's not the first time. The 'hoesticks' dangle and drip.They were crossed when he left. The taproom hums. It's the soldiers.He gestures salutations, waving, quickly mounting the stairs.He takes off the wet and his boots, sees the book on the floor. He lifts the mattress to find the papers are there, all of them. On the bed he reads where Bess left off.

"Don Peligrosso is upset by the bruises on her neck that have not completely healed. I have returned her harmed. Staring at me intently, her face a smiling masque, she invents an extraordinary sea battle where Montalban and I rescued her from the mad Frenchman, L'Olonnais...who caused the injury.The Governor thanks me for this brave, timely rescue.
I won't detail the minutia of the 'Celebration of the Return' dinner. My cook had prepared empanadas and dips, Don Pelogrosso brought dessert and wines apparently high in alcohol, for at the end of the dinner we were giddy as any good friends could be. Dessert was presented; an array of fruit and cream pies. We were stuffed, so the multitude of pies seemed a daunting gustatory challenge. I stared at them and laughed. My laugh was contagious, we shared similar sentiments and laughed together at the plethora of CREAM PIES.
An imp rose and possessed me to take one and push it against Carlotta's face. Well that stopped the laughing awright, but our sides still heaved as we caught breath. The Don and I wiped tears from our cheeks and contemplated white faced Carlotta. She advanced her tongue as if commanded. Gradually cream fell to it. She licked her lips. I slid my finger down the ridge of her nose and dropped the dollop onto her protruding tongue. With a clawed hand I stroked her cheek, creating furrows so streaks of her skin showed. She licked off each finger and at the thumb pretended resistance. Tongue and thumb fenced, until thumb with a lunge, plunges into her mouth . Her lips constrict around it. Capturing it; sucking it clean of cream. Hardly knowing what to make of this extraordinary display Don Pelogrosso preferred feigned amusement over embarrassed humiliation . She looked like a painted savage. Did she press her fathers face into a pie? Did he lick cream from her fingers? I don't remember. Perhaps while I leaned out the window puking. Recovered, I turned to the room and was greeted with cream pies, front and back, and chasing each other around the table, tossing pies 'till there wasn't one left. Not much more to tell here. We sat, giddily throwing grapes at each other 'till they were gone.'Tis verily fun, we should do it more often.' She lifts her hand for me to kiss, a gentleman's kiss which is not a kiss at all, but a mere brushing of breath, if done politely. She mashes her hand against my mouth, pressing my lips against the teeth so hard it hurt. The Governor sees and may wonder what message is conveyed. He will soon find out. While exploring freedom she had discovered anarchy. She curtsied deeply, head bowed, shoulders bare, and I backed off with all the gestures of bowing, A formal departure drenched with civilized artifice."
" I still favor the bow-sprit near Arachne. I smoke there, It comforts me.The French name for my new frigate was 'Sphinx", it's a good name, I might change it to 'Arachne' and bring the figure-head over, or maybe to 'Eros' , that's what I'm thinking now.

Coagula fell to sleep with a smile - about in the middle of the pie fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: