Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I NEED A MAP (sorry for caps)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: I NEED A MAP (sorry for caps) Reply with quote

I have long since misplaced/lost the map (you know, the big folded one) that came with the game. Yes, I know there is a map you can access whilst in the game, however, I like to have the map on my desk for reference, as it makes it possible for me to see what is nearby without pausing etc. SO, I was wondering if anyone has made or has a map for this game, be it the original one or one they made. (I would prefer one a player made, so that way it can be a full page and have a clearer/more easy to read font). If so, please post here or let me know!

Thanks!

(Uhh...50 gold to whoever can help me!?) Surprised
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a map in the "MODS" section above. Look in "OTHER" it's called Piratesmap.jpg. I haven't downloaded it so can't tell you anything about it.
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki59 wrote:
There's a map in the "MODS" section above. Look in "OTHER" it's called Piratesmap.jpg. I haven't downloaded it so can't tell you anything about it.

The thing is, its not a full page. And My eyesight isn't the best. (I wear contacts but with that fancyful font and small writing...it's hard to read).
Backlash
Swabbie

263 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muaddib wrote:
loki59 wrote:

The thing is, its not a full page. And My eyesight isn't the best. (I wear contacts but with that fancyful font and small writing...it's hard to read).

You could try expanding the image on a image editor such as Paint.net or Photoshop.
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlash wrote:
muaddib wrote:
loki59 wrote:

You could try expanding the image on a image editor such as Paint.net or Photoshop.
True, however, I guess I should be specific and say I want a map with better fontage.
Backlash
Swabbie

263 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
True, however, I guess I should be specific and say I want a map with better fontage.

Umm... Increase the Mapsize (as I said before and if you need it) and then proceed to rewrite the words in a larger font, on top of or next to the original names on the map.
This should solve your problem as long as you can read the original names on your computer screen.

-If you want, I can help you.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's always google earth
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlash wrote:
Quote:

Umm... Increase the Mapsize (as I said before and if you need it) and then proceed to rewrite the words in a larger font, on top of or next to the original names on the map.
This should solve your problem as long as you can read the original names on your computer screen.

-If you want, I can help you.
Yarg! I could be with the using of yer help matey! Many Thanks!
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
there's always google earth

*le gasp of joy* My humble post has solicited and elicited a response from the mysterious Oz, I mean...Rupertlittlebear! (I mean that in respect, sir!)
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Backlash's plan doesn't work let us know and I will try mine.
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
If Backlash's plan doesn't work let us know and I will try mine.
And what, if I may ask, might thy plan be, Mr. Blue?
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I could photo copy the original map that came with my game, rewrite the place names in larger and (hopefully) easier to read hand writing, and then send you an image of the photocopy in a PM. Or perhaps I could send two images, one of each half of the map, so that you could print the halves on 8 and1/2 by 11 and tape them together. I really don't know if it would work. I'm not technically gifted.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muaddib wrote:
(I mean that in respect, sir!)

You'd better! Laughing
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
I thought I could photo copy the original map that came with my game, rewrite the place names in larger and (hopefully) easier to read hand writing, and then send you an image of the photocopy in a PM. Or perhaps I could send two images, one of each half of the map, so that you could print the halves on 8 and1/2 by 11 and tape them together. I really don't know if it would work. I'm not technically gifted.
Ohhh that sounds awesome. Uhh...100 gold if you do?
Backlash
Swabbie

263 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever plan you decide is fine with me!

Did you want a map like this: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Sources/Pirates!/Images/Map_large.jpg <- You are going to have to copy paste the link in as the "!" ends the link.
Or like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Mapa_Sid_Meier.JPG
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: