Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Search Southwest of Villa Hermosa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Search Southwest of Villa Hermosa Reply with quote

I am looking for the Inca lost city, and there is no landmark or such. It has stuff on the map but nothing to guide me. Any help is appreciated.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a "seamark" in that vicinity, even if it does not appear on your map. There is always a seamark associated with a treasure map. Then go inland from there and look around. You should quickly find some of the landmarks on your map. If not, sail on and try the next seamark. Good hunting!
muaddib
Swabbie

722 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Look for a "seamark" in that vicinity, even if it does not appear on your map. There is always a seamark associated with a treasure map. Then go inland from there and look around. You should quickly find some of the landmarks on your map. If not, sail on and try the next seamark. Good hunting!
Roland..you are awesome! Thanks for the help!
Hernibon

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know what to do next.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does it say it is located? If it is Southwest of Villa Hermosa, sail west and then search south of that spot. It will not be too far south, if you hold your key down it will be less than 30 seconds south. So, sail west then march south beyond the coastal hills/mountains and start looking east and west from there.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
... There is always a seamark associated with a treasure map. ...

Is the reverse true? Are there just enough seamarks for all the maps, so that one map will spawn in the area of each sea mark? I think the answer is no, but I never checked.

Also, is there always a seamark for Monty's lair, or only for treasure maps?
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Roland wrote:
... There is always a seamark associated with a treasure map. ...

Is the reverse true? Are there just enough seamarks for all the maps, so that one map will spawn in the area of each sea mark? I think the answer is no, but I never checked.

I think the seamarks are populated at the start of the game before any treasure map has been generated - or at least some of them are. I suppose an additional seamark might be generated with the map - it never occurred to me to look for that. I think there are more seamarks than maps - including occasionally more than one seamark with the same name - to make it more challenging.

Mr. Blue wrote:
Also, is there always a seamark for Monty's lair, or only for treasure maps?

I have always been able to find Monty's lair, even when the map has no coastline. If there were no seamark, I don't see how I would have found him. So there must be a seamark associated with Monty's map.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there are always seamarks and there is always at least one set up duplicate names just to throw you off. Treasures, lost cities and Monty's hideout are placed on the map later on. I have searched an area and seen nothing and then later on there was a lost city or Monty's hideout placed there as the game progressed. Also, it is very common for lost cities and Monty's hideout to be placed pretty close together.

However, I have found lost cities and Monty's hideout in some pretty remote places that did not appear to be near anything. Maybe I just did not make it to the nearest shoreline to see the seamark, but I found them by walking overland quite a distance - especially when they were "Southeast of Campeche or Villa Hermosa"
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's usually a bay (with this lighter blue water) near treasures and even sometimes the coast in the maps is actually the one between the peninsula and the mainland.

Also the scale of the maps for lost cities (and maybe the Monty's lair map too) is much bigger than in the pirate treasure maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: