Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Governors and Mayors
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Governors and Mayors Reply with quote

I needed to put all the economic data on the back burner and let it percolate for a while. In the meantime, I grabbed and uploaded images of all the governors and mayors (plus abbots and the Indian chief).

My naming convention for the governors was nationality, followed by 0, 1, or 2. So, for example, you would encounter English0.bmp if you were to visit English Antigua, English1.bmp if you were to visit English Barbados, and English2.bmp if you were to visit English Campeche (those being the first three cities in canonical order). If Antigua were captured by the Dutch, you would encounter Dutch0.bmp. The numbers (and governor images) repeat on a modulus of 3 as you go through the cities in numerical order (as determined by jlangsdo recently). (Note that Dutch2.bmp and French2.bmp will never appear in the game unless those nations capture an appropriately numbered city.)

There are three mayor images for each nation, which are similar but not identical to the governors. Since settlements are random and I have no way to determine their numbering, I just assigned the mayors numbers based on their similarity to governors of the same nation.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Dutch Reply with quote

Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: English Reply with quote

Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: French Reply with quote

Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Spanish Reply with quote

Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Other Reply with quote

You will notice that my computer cannot display the first abbot properly. The second abbot is pretty unusual - I don't know the circumstances under which he appears. I only encountered one Indian chief in all the villages I visited. If there is another one, he must be as unusual as the second abbot. You might also notice that I wear my sword when meeting with the chief, but not when meeting with mayors or abbots.
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like a picture album of old friends.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crack up every time I look at those French mayors' shoes. It looks like they're going to take off flying like Hermes!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I crack up every time I look at those French mayors' shoes.

What tickles me also is the rotundness of the French (and Dutch) Governors. I always want to poke them in their ample bellies and call them "Tum-Tum", but only if I'm not courting their daughters...

And what do their daughters look like, liberated out of their whalebone corsets, I wonder? Like father, like daughter?

Shocked
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Butlers Reply with quote

For a given nation, there is no variation in butlers - they all look alike. Apart from the colors of their uniforms, the big international differences are that the English and French butlers have ponytails and the Frenchman's eyes are nearly closed. Is he assuming a supercilious pose, or is he pretending not to be spying on his master's interactions with his guest?

I cropped the images so as to show the characteristic farewell of each nation's governor. I cannot find the phrases in text.ini, so they must be hardwired into the program (which is too bad since three of the four could use punctuation corrections).
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you retire as a governor, you dress just like English0! Not a bad choice . . .

Sir Loin of Beef
Swabbie

2915 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: John Goodman Reply with quote

French 1 and 2 have the face of John Goodman
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen Abbot #2 before, but I generally only visit when I'm scrounging for food, or come ashore too close to the Abbey when hunting for treasure, lost cities, or Monty's hideout.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second abbot is supposed to be Jeff Briggs (I forget what he did for Sid Meier's Pirates!); only one mission will ever have him, and some games don't have him at all. There is a similar easter egg with Sid Meier himself as the mysterious traveler; he can only appear in a settlement. I've seen both more than once, as I visit missions a lot to get free Baron info and I visit settlements when I need to buy cannons (as settlements often have a few).
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
I've never seen Abbot #2 before, but I generally only visit when I'm scrounging for food, or come ashore too close to the Abbey when hunting for treasure, lost cities, or Monty's hideout.

Jesuit missions are the worst place to buy food! Supplies are low and prices are high! But the price is right for info on Baron Raymondo's whereabouts - free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: