Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

How I got SotL by accident
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpx
Powder Monkey

96 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: How I got SotL by accident Reply with quote

Ahoy pirrrrrrates!

I registered here just to tell you very interesting way of how I spawned SotL.

So I was sinking and terrorising every spanish ship and town I met on my way. For some reason I've been near Campeche for a damn long time, it most probably was because of very high density of immigrants and governor transport around in the area, and not surprisingly I decided to plunder every single one of them. After few months of terrorising the city I decided it would be a good idea to capture Campeche just to shows damned Spanish that I am THE pirate of the Carribeans, yarrrrrrrrrrrr!

The city is mine, and it's now French. HERE COMES THE INTERESTING PART! I left the bay of Campeche after capturing the city, and while travelling in the direction of Florida Keys I notice mighty Ship of The Line, the new warship traveling to just-catured french town of Campeche! It turns out the game thought "OMG Spanish Campeche is hurt so badly by that filthy pirate, gotta send some spanish reinforcement there (probably some Flag Galleon) BUT NO WAIT IT'S FRENCH NOW and I still think it's terrorised by that pirate so I have to send Them SotL!".

I nearly missed that ship. I captured it, upgraded with Grape Shot (the ship already had all other upgrades, yay), and now I'm truly the number one pirate.

TL;DR I terrorised Campeche while it was Spanish city, captured it for French and (presumably) wealthy Florida Keys spawned the SotL.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tale, cpx! I think that might add a bit to our knowledge of how SotLs are spawned.
maturin
Swabbie

1736 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story!

By the way: Does it affect the military strength of a town if a New Warship sails in? There must be a difference to a troop transporter, isn't it?
Young Guilo
Powder Monkey

862 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a new warship sails in it doesn't affect the town's garrison.

Ship of the Lines are spawned from 1 of 3 ways.

1: A Hurt city that had over 600 troops has now less than 150

2: A New warship possibility after you have taken 50 ships of that nation (spain not included)

3.) Pirate Hunter if you have taken over 100 of that nation's ships and are near a city that is at least prosperous.

Hope this helps
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you verify that? Because you're the first person I've seen who's so sure of the spawn conditions. Even most vets of the game just shrug and say "I don't know; they come when the gods of pillage and plunder deem you worthy. Sailor Smile "
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: