Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

[MOD] The Sea Vixen - play as a lady pirate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Der Wolf
Powder Monkey

26 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to download it but it wouldn't work. Crying or Very sad
theincrediblenick
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fixed the link now on the previous page, had to switch to rapidshare. Just to make sure, here is the link again.
Der Wolf
Powder Monkey

26 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks matey. Very Happy

"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being."―Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt
ZeroTheHero
Swabbie

1199 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool mod even though the female model is a bit weird, broad arms etc. Did you just swap with one of the other models or did you create a new one from scratch?
immortalfrieza
Powder Monkey

956 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't end up sounding like an idiot, but the readme says "To install, copy "Vixen.fpk" into your "Sid Meier's Pirates!/custom" directory, and "text.ini" into "Sid Meier's Pirates!/Assets" (It would be recommended to copy the original "text.ini" file somewhere safe before doing this)."

What "original text.ini" file? I can't find it anywhere in my Pirates! folder, even with the Windows Explorer search function.

It might has something to do with me getting Pirates! from Gamefly, I don't know.

Thanks.
ZeroTheHero
Swabbie

1199 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered about the same because I didn't have any original text.ini either. Anyway, the mod worked perfectly just by copying the text file to the assets folder.

You can just remove the file(s) to revert to default so the text.ini is probably located in one of the pak files.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the text.ini is in the fpk packs. Pack1 if I'm not mistaken. Anytime you past a new one in the assets folder then it will override the one in the .fpk pack.
theincrediblenick
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really made this game hard to mod!

There are actually a couple of female models used; one is based off the beautiful governors daughter with a bit of tweaking and joined to a reshaped lower half of the player character, while the other one is entirely a reshape of the standard player character. There are also about a dozen different versions of the PC model, all of which have to be changed and several of which have different qualities/equipment/poses/etc. I did as much as I could with the tools I have available, but since I finished this mod (about a year and a half ago) I have been busy with other things.
ZeroTheHero
Swabbie

1199 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done, indeed. I've read that most people get crashes when fiddling with custom models but I actually have no clue about that kind of modding. You clearly managed to do it without crashing and that's an achievement in itself.

I rate it 5.5/6 just because it's a fairly advanced mod for a basically un-mod-able game.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to give me a few hints on how you were able to join the woman's bust to the man's body? I have blender and nifskope, but so far most of my efforts to combine the barmaid top with the native chief body have made the game crash.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Half Barmaid Half Injun Reply with quote

A pretty girl wearing a loin cloth does sound appealing doesn't it? Lets hope she isn't a ladyboy or something like that Smile
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something a little easier perhaps; my sister plays with this mod but she's become a little annoyed that there are so many skin mods for the normal pirate (CaptReddes' for example) but there are no skin mods for the lady. Could any of you talented skin artists come up with a few more for the lady that already exists from this mod? Just a thought for all our Anne Bonnys and Mary Reeds out there.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Half Barmaid Half Injun Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
A pretty girl wearing a loin cloth does sound appealing doesn't it? Lets hope she isn't a ladyboy or something like that Smile

My intent is to replace the male native chief with a female chief. I managed to make something that didn't crash the game, but the head was distorted. I'll continue to work on it.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Something a little easier perhaps; my sister plays with this mod but she's become a little annoyed that there are so many skin mods for the normal pirate (CaptReddes' for example) but there are no skin mods for the lady. Could any of you talented skin artists come up with a few more for the lady that already exists from this mod? Just a thought for all our Anne Bonnys and Mary Reeds out there.

I've done some skinning (I don't call myself talented). What did you have in mind (such as changing the face, changing the blouse, changing the uniform)?
A picture of what you'd like would be helpful.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above. Take a look at the "Player Character" section under "mods." The kind of things you find there are what I had in mind. Faces, hair color, clothes/uniform, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: