Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

[MOD] The Sea Vixen - play as a lady pirate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I am mistaken, to do what you want will require unpacking the original seavixen fpk file and placing the individual dds and nif files from that fpk file in the game's 'custom' folder, then replacing certain dds files. The uniform files appear to be the game default files.
I think you should be able to use the uniform mods that already exist in the mod section.
The head and torso files appear to be mods of the beautiful daughter dds files.

To do a 'complete' change as was done in the sea vixen mod would require modifying a lot of files, and I'm too busy with other projects to do that.
To change the in game character head and torso does not require as much work.

Here's a link to a mod that should change the player character appearance on ship, and at other times when she is not wearing a uniform. Blonde hair and a pink torso. I have not tested it.

Note that this mod uses parts of the sea vixen mod. (armor and leather). If theincrediblenick objects to his work being used, I will delete the mod and request hat anyone who downloads it do likewise.

TERMS OF USE: By downloading this mod you agree that you will not upload to any other sites nor post the link on other sites.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2xwa6LsMHzmYVNSN1U3cmhqVHM&export=download[/u]
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested your new skin; it works beautifully (pun intended). Good job mate! BTW, the uniforms work as you said; sis has been sporting the "All black" uniforms. It doesn't work for the normal clothes or armor though; so slightly disappointing. Oh well; you win some you lose some.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague,
I'm glad it mostly worked.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably would need to change the player_character_body.dds as well as this texture is also in the armor.nif
theincrediblenick
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with anyone modifying my work or using it for their own mods as long as they mention me in their credits somewhere! Smile

I would have liked to extended the mod and done more outfits and customisations etc. but as fleetp mentioned earlier it is a very time-consuming process, and I just don't have the time at the moment.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Pirate Reply with quote

Surely if someone can make the governors daughter into the PC then I would think Blackbeard or some of the others could be done too.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grand-daughter came to visit. I showed her the sea vixen mod and she asked if I could give it to her so she can play as a lady pirate. I put it on a jump drive and gave it to her. Smile
Gurluas
Powder Monkey

54 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone reupload this?
theincrediblenick
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larky S
Powder Monkey

5 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this mod can't wait to try it out!
SweetChastity
Powder Monkey

199 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to try this but the files are gone Sad Does anyone know/have a copy they can share?
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetChastity wrote:
I'd love to try this but the files are gone Sad Does anyone know/have a copy they can share?

The links posted by theincrediblenick two posts above yours seem to work.
SweetChastity
Powder Monkey

199 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
SweetChastity wrote:

The links posted by theincrediblenick two posts above yours seem to work.

Cool, thanks for pointing them out to me.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Smile
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: incredible Reply with quote

...nick R U still here? Knew about the Sea Vixen mod since 2013 but never had the desire to play as a female. BIG mistake. Spent almost 2 years trying to make the female NPC's have legs and it was here all along. BTW mandiuscreel finally made that happen just recently. He is currently working on a PC replacement hope you don't mind I'll redirect him here. Simply brilliant work. As far as I can tell only the bik video files aren't changed. I have some glitches but it is a result of combining a modified East Indies, Graybeard, and Sea Vixen mod.

I noticed there are 2 basic groups of nifs. These 8: div plunder, merchant, player_character (2 each), pc_govm, player_character_4_4, shipw, and tav_player_character are the 1's I'm having problems with. The head and neck the texture is misplaced. I am fairly sure this is because these 8 have the rank uniforms and my graybeard mod removes the hat and ornamatation.

As I stated there are 2 distinct groups, just curious why the node layout is so different between them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: