Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Raymondo is missing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fignewton
Powder Monkey

290 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Raymondo is missing Reply with quote

I'm in a game now, and it says that Raymondo is on his way from St Augustine to Santiago. It also says that he left St Augustine 467 days ago. ??? Obviously, he's missing, and I can't go forward with the game until I locate him.

Any ideas on what to do about this?
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Raymondo is missing Reply with quote

fignewton wrote:
I'm in a game now, and it says that Raymondo is on his way from St Augustine to Santiago. It also says that he left St Augustine 467 days ago. ??? Obviously, he's missing, and I can't go forward with the game until I locate him.

Any ideas on what to do about this?

Look for a named Pirates Cove - might be near them.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Raymondo often stops to fight pirates. He likes to think of himself as a hero, even though we know otherwise . . .
HarveyCrimmins
Swabbie

2459 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had the same thing happen, Raymondo stuck between St. Aug & Santiago----I traced the path back and forth twice, no sign of him. Two years later, I decided to go north from St. Augustine along the coast. He was just kind of parked up there off the coast, ship all shot to hell. I was able to engage and capture him. This might be a glitch, because I seem to remember reading someone else having the same issue. In fact, that might be why I went north of St. Augustine in the first place.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time I was in pursuit of Raymondo, but before I could engage him he was sunk by Captain Kidd. The whole story (with screen shots) is here:
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6325
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HarveyCrimmins wrote:
I once had the same thing happen, Raymondo stuck between St. Aug & Santiago----I traced the path back and forth twice, no sign of him. Two years later, I decided to go north from St. Augustine along the coast. He was just kind of parked up there off the coast, ship all shot to hell. I was able to engage and capture him. This might be a glitch, because I seem to remember reading someone else having the same issue. In fact, that might be why I went north of St. Augustine in the first place.

Roland wrote:
One time I was in pursuit of Raymondo, but before I could engage him he was sunk by Captain Kidd. The whole story (with screen shots) is here:

A Glitch ?? Never !!!!!!!! Smile
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying again - is that too a Glitch ?
DavidHarding
Powder Monkey

163 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, this (or something similar) happened to me during my playthrough. First, a Mysterious Traveler said that Raymondo was heading to Cartagena, so I headed to Cartagena from freshly-made-English Nombre de Dios. Right when I got there, they said that he set sail for Campeche nearly a year prior. I didn't even get halfway there before the crew of a captured Spanish Treasure Galleon said that Raymondo was in Cartagena. I went back to Cartagena, and then the bartender said that he was in San Juan. I sneak into San Juan, and guess where the bartender said Raymondo was? Yep, CARTAGENA! I began sailing there, plundering a few treasure galleons along the way, and I FINALLY ran into Baron Raymondo (literally)! However, I ended up losing due to running out of men and getting hit, so I got marooned. After regaining my footing, I was told that Raymondo was in Gibraltar. I stocked up on as many crewmen and tons of food as I could with my ship, and headed toward Gibraltar. Guess what? Raymondo turned out to be in- wait for it- CARTAGENA! Then, I sailed back to Cartagena, and I finally defeated the Baron for the final piece to my grandfather's location! It was very frustrating, especially with Raymondo somehow teleporting to Cartagena all the time without me seeing him, but it was worth it!
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are really curious, one thing you could do is download the savegame editor and unpack your savegame file into a pst file. Then look through to find Raymondo's ship. Do this by looking for a Quest line that matches Raymondo, that will give you the number of the ship. Then look at the ship line to see what is going on.

> grep Quest battle.pst | grep Raymond
Quest_11_5 : V4 : 40 : Purpose (Raymondo)

> grep Ship_40_ battle.pst | grep Coordinate
Ship_40_0_6 : G4 : 336.971709 : x Coordinate
Ship_40_1_0 : G4 : 119.148778 : y Coordinate

> grep Ship_40_ battle.pst | grep Damage
Ship_40_2_0 : s2 : 0 : % Damage Sails
Ship_40_2_1 : s2 : 0 : % Damage Hull

By doing this with a few savegames you could see where he is going over time, whether his ship is damaged, etc. You could also cheat and teleport your ship over near his, but it might be interesting for you to report back how he is getting stuck in your case.

Also, the case about his ship being just sort of parked there doesn't sound like a glitch. Raymondo can duel with pirates, and he may have had his ship damaged. He's not allowed to change his target port in the middle of a voyage - so if his sails are shot up, he just has to proceed on his way very very slowly.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Raymondo is missing?

You should see me shoot my pistols! I never killed anyone with them. Guns Blazing

Sorry, I figured if I posted it I would stop thinking it every time I see the thread title.
Matelot
Powder Monkey

50 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in the world is Baron Raymondiago?
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I have to follow him to the ends of the Earth.
Perhaps if I tried the Pirate Haven in World's End?....
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Yes, Raymondo often stops to fight pirates. He likes to think of himself as a hero, even though we know otherwise . . .

Just remember, Raymondo can get sinked by pirates as well, I recall there was some discussion about this a couple of years ago.. Nasty business really, ruining your game, as he'll never show up again. Evil or Very Mad

But I think you have to trigger those naval battles by being in the vicinity of Raymondo, so usually you would get a clue of what's happening...
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he doesn't dive and swim as well as me and my cabin boy. Surprised
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Just remember, Raymondo can get sinked by pirates as well, I recall there was some discussion about this a couple of years ago.. Nasty business really, ruining your game, as he'll never show up again.

Here is my tale of seeing Raymondo sunk by Captain Kidd, complete with screen shots:

I think you can generate a new Raymondo in the usual way - by visiting a Jesuit mission and talking to the abbot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: