Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I Backed Elite Dangerous
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
So, how are you enjoying Elite Dangerous these days?

AWESOME - I wish I had more time - might have to quit my job...
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to hear about a crowd-funded success!

I've participated in two projects. The second one didn't get enough pledge money and flopped pre-launch. It was for a historical restoration.

The first actually got double the funding. It was for a music album. It took over a year longer than proposed, and when it was released, it wasn't the style of music the fans expected. The budget was blown. No money for hard copies, postage, pictures, or other rewards. Not that all of the rewards were tangible. Some were just personal e-mails, phone calls, or recording the song of the supporters choice for You-Tube. To my knowledge, none of that was done.

For that matter, it exceeded the download limit on the server, and a lot of backers didn't even get a digital download .

There have been apologies, and I guess this is what you get when you hire an artist to make an album rather than an accountant, but who wants to hear an accountant?

As one of the top five backers, I'm really glad this singer/songwriter got to make the album as they wanted to , and live their dream. But I'm disappointed they didn't include songs to please the backers, and afraid that this will be the undoing of a career. I don't think the album is selling as well as the earlier singles that gained the fame and following. The 3 public performances have all been hometown ones, and the last one had the fewest people. No next appearance has been announced.

The hope was that the album would catch on, cash would flow and promises could then be honored and a full time professional career would take flight. As it is, some folks are turning surly, and diehards may never get to meet or hear the artist. Looks like a downward spiral to me. Live by social media, die by social media. They'll stop asking for national anthem performances at sporting events. Kind of rules out a recording contract, too.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:

But I'm disappointed they didn't include songs to please the backers, and afraid that this will be the undoing of a career.

The whole idea of crowd funding is to keep the promises made.

Unlike newly elected politicians.
tonymack21
Powder Monkey

291 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its older to the pc crowd but my brother and I are about to start this game on ps4 anyone playing it still.? id play on pc of course but I cant play with him unless is ps4.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus, who started this thread, was once our most prolific poster. But he suddenly disappeared about seven months ago and has not been heard from since.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
sparticus, who started this thread, was once our most prolific poster. But he suddenly disappeared about seven months ago and has not been heard from since.

I just hope he is alright. Sometimes people just decide to quit coming around but as active as he was it makes you wonder.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible spart just can't access the site anymore. I have endured several long stints when I could not access HoP via my office computer. Currently I am having a similar problem from home. If I were ever to lose access simultaneously from both home and work, I would disappear suddenly just like spart.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:

Perhaps tonymack can lead an expedition to find the lost Captain Sparticus? Was he captured and forced into slavery or did he simply drop out of sight to achieve anonymity? Perhaps he started a new Pirate Haven and has his own version of The Salty Dog Tavern?
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he got caught looking at one of my screenshots and was banned by his superior officer.
tonymack21
Powder Monkey

291 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Roland wrote:

Perhaps tonymack can lead an expedition to find the lost Captain Sparticus? Was he captured and forced into slavery or did he simply drop out of sight to achieve anonymity? Perhaps he started a new Pirate Haven and has his own version of The Salty Dog Tavern?

aye, be he still in the Milky Way Galaxy we'll find him!

ED is definitely the kind of game you will lose time in, my brother and I blinked and it was time to come back to work Undecided
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: