Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Add "Suffocat" to the dictionary
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Captain Teague
Rigger
Posts: 1170



11871 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:

So what is the term for cats commandeering your computers with seemingly random keystrokes?


Catspiracy;

The (not so) far fetched idea that cats, not Illuminate, Knights Templar (Abstergo) etc, really rule the world, with "trained" agents undercover in all areas of the world. For further reference see Futurama episode "That Darn Katz!"

That's not an official definition, but my paraphrase. If someone would like to make an "official" definition, be my guest as I need to decattaminate my work clothes so I don't get in trouble tomorrow.
_________________
The Code is the Law.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty Edge
Rigger
Posts: 1706



19 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Catapulting ?


Laughing

That's great, but sometimes they actually catapult off of my belly, so I guess that word is taken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty Edge
Rigger
Posts: 1706



19 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Rusty Edge wrote:

So what is the term for cats commandeering your computers with seemingly random keystrokes?


Catspiracy;

The (not so) far fetched idea that cats, not Illuminate, Knights Templar (Abstergo) etc, really rule the world, with "trained" agents undercover in all areas of the world. For further reference see Futurama episode "That Darn Katz!"

That's not an official definition, but my paraphrase. If someone would like to make an "official" definition, be my guest as I need to decattaminate my work clothes so I don't get in trouble tomorrow.



That's a great word, simply because it has the word "piracy" within it !

We have a frontrunner! I'd like to leave the floor open for additional nominations, not because catspiracy is an inadequate term, but because these words are highly entertaining!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparticus
Helmsman
Posts: 5796



44177 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you like a burger - it's made from the best cat-tle that we could get, but we were careful when they were put down - we only used the best cat-ling gun available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Blue
Rigger
Posts: 1815



31361 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pussyfooting is a good choice for the phenomenon of computer jacking, piano playing, etc. while catspiracy refers to a theory about feline motivation for a wide range of phenomena, including but not limited to pussyfooting, catamination, and of course, suffocatting.

I prefer to use the word catapult to refer to forcible ejection of a feline.

For instance, once I was peacefully using the facility we humans get instead of a cat box, when the cat decided to dig up lumps of what it had left in the cat box and leave them on the bathroom floor. I firmly (but not painfully) catapulted the perpetrator out of the bathroom, and shut the door behind it. Then I went about my business, and finally cleaned up the cat's business.
_________________
" ... the mistakes that we male and female mortals make when we have our own way might fairly raise some wonder that we are so fond of it. " George Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparticus
Helmsman
Posts: 5796



44177 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must not forget our famous Catactors :

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roland
Boatswain
Posts: 2912



8677 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
We must not forget our famous Catactors

I agree!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sparticus
Helmsman
Posts: 5796



44177 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
sparticus wrote:
We must not forget our famous Catactors

And other Famous Cat's that have made us who we are today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty Edge
Rigger
Posts: 1706



19 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
I think pussyfooting is a good choice for the phenomenon of computer jacking, piano playing, etc. while catspiracy refers to a theory about feline motivation for a wide range of phenomena, including but not limited to pussyfooting, catamination, and of course, suffocatting.

I prefer to use the word catapult to refer to forcible ejection of a feline.

For instance, once I was peacefully using the facility we humans get instead of a cat box, when the cat decided to dig up lumps of what it had left in the cat box and leave them on the bathroom floor. I firmly (but not painfully) catapulted the perpetrator out of the bathroom, and shut the door behind it. Then I went about my business, and finally cleaned up the catasstrophy .


I've got it Exclamation

Pusskeyfooting that covers, computers, pianos, phones, and remote controls, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparticus
Helmsman
Posts: 5796



44177 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:


Pusskeyfooting that covers, computers, pianos, phones, and remote controls, etc.


That is just Specatular Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Blue
Rigger
Posts: 1815



31361 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:

Catspiracy;

The (not so) far fetched idea that cats, not Illuminate, Knights Templar (Abstergo) etc, really rule the world, with "trained" agents undercover in all areas of the world. For further reference see Futurama episode "That Darn Katz!"


Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Jesuits, Knights Templar, Illuminati etc. are cats. They allow a few well trained and trustworthy humans to front for them, and each organization gets a turn running the world.

The only real human secret societies are the criminal organizations. After all, why form a Catmafia if you already control everything?
_________________
" ... the mistakes that we male and female mortals make when we have our own way might fairly raise some wonder that we are so fond of it. " George Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty Edge
Rigger
Posts: 1706



19 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if they aren't really human?

What if they're secrat societies ? Rats organizing themselves against the feline overlords?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparticus
Helmsman
Posts: 5796



44177 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof that cats are indeed from our ancient times is that ancient torture devices were invented by Cats.

The cat of nine tails. ( which explains why they needed 9 lives - 1 for each tail used )
Death by catapult.
The cattle prod.
The rack - which dislocated their victims bones.
Dunking was used when other more sophisticated torture devices were not present.
When they hit you in the knees with cats - Kneecating.
Dragged along by cats - cathauling - sometimes used at sea as well.
Taking your cats away - cat deprivation.
The nastiest of all was when they cut your cat off - cattration - just makes my eye's water.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty Edge
Rigger
Posts: 1706



19 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nastiest of all was when they cut your cat off - cattration - just makes my eye's water.

This had me laughing pretty loudly while I was waiting for new tires.

Cattration is enough to make a pirate catpitulate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparticus
Helmsman
Posts: 5796



44177 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
The nastiest of all was when they cut your cat off - cattration - just makes my eye's water.

This had me laughing pretty loudly while I was waiting for new tires.

Cattration is enough to make a pirate catpitulate.


My eye's are still watering thinking of it Smile -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group