Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Add "Suffocat" to the dictionary
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Add "Suffocat" to the dictionary Reply with quote

Suf/fo /cat Verb A word hybrid of suffocate and cat .To be smothered or asphexiated by a cat, especially if you are allergic.

"My wife's kitty tried to suffocat me in our bed!"
"I was nearly suffocatted on the drive to the vet!

Suffocatted

Suffocatting

Wink
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suffocatted every time my 18 lbs cat sleeps on my chest. He does this every other night or so, he's only a year old and 18 pounds. He'll see I'm laying down and come and curl up on my chest and sleep. It was fine when he was a kitten, but now I find it's suffocatting.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Add "Suffocat" to the dictionary Reply with quote

My son's cat rubs itself against my legs until either I feed the little monster or it sheds so much hair on my pants that I cannot go outside without first spending 5 minutes decontaminating myself. Could the definition of suffocat be expanded to include this common complaint?
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the proper use of Suffocat is respiratory in nature.

I think the word you're looking for is "Decattamination"

"Cat/tam/i/na/tion" Noun. A word hybrid of Cat and Contamination.
The state of being contaminated by cats or cat hair.

My sweater was hopelessly "cattaminated".
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one's cat allergy is severe enough, a large degree of cattamination could lead to suffocatting.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy So now we have two new words to add! I did tell my entire family about the word. We have six cats (all rescues) and we all agree that "suffocat" should be a real word. It would get used often enough. I'll have to tell them about cattamination. Lord knows our house is cattaminated!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lounge recently got cattaminated by fluffy the red - who's coat is flamier then the rest.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

You are hilarious! Arr!

Special thanks to Captain Teague for his 6 rescues!

If you haven't guessed, my wife loves cats and I am allergic. We have 3 housecats, one of which is a domesticated feral.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once forcibly removed my son's cat from my son's backpack (to prevent catamination.) When I came by 10 minutes later, there was vomit on the backpack. I might have dismissed it as a coincidence, except that I remembered that a vet had once told me that cats are indeed capable of using their bodily functions for revenge.

So, what do we call this feline biological warfare? Catastrophy, I think. In some cases the more specific spellings Catasstrophy or Catastropee may apply.

I wonder if the cat understood the irony that my attempt to prevent catamination resulted in more severe catamination. Is this an example of catirony?
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
I once forcibly removed my son's cat from my son's backpack (to prevent catamination.) When I came by 10 minutes later, there was vomit on the backpack. I might have dismissed it as a coincidence, except that I remembered that a vet had once told me that cats are indeed capable of using their bodily functions for revenge.

So, what do we call this feline biological warfare? Catastrophy, I think. In some cases the more specific spellings Catasstrophy or Catastropee may apply.

I wonder if the cat understood the irony that my attempt to prevent catamination resulted in more severe catamination. Is this an example of catirony?

Well Done Mr Blue - I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat whilst reading this insightful piece - I wonder what was the Catalyst of the backpack sitting in the first place ? Was it as simple as Catcalling or was it something more Catchier ?
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a deliberate plan to provoke me into taking an action which the cat could then claim as "justification" for cataminating catastrophe. (The technical term for this is cattus belli.)

That's what I think, but I couldn't say categorically.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Catasstrophy deserves a scategory of it's own. Razz

Here's to Mr. Blue - Arr!
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in need of another word in this regard.

Take today for example-

Our senior cat , Cheyenne, had left my wife's lap, had crossed the end table and was walking across the keyboard of my laptop when my dog jumped on the couch and cut off her route.

The cat pivoted on my keyboard and retraced her steps.

What should appear but a neon sculpture of a Christmas tree. Something we once had , but moved to the basement to keep it safe from cats avoiding a housedog. Sadly it eventually got broken in the basement.
I laughed and showed it to my wife. She said "Good job, Cheyenne!" and "Buy it."

I was reading a different forum. I can only imagine that the cat, merely attempting to massage it's feet on my keyboard, managed to first hit my homepage button. I have that set to Google. Then it must have typed something close enough to neon for the computer to make suggestions, followed by enter a couple of times.

So what is the term for cats commandeering your computers with seemingly random keystrokes?

Last edited by Rusty Edge on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catputing?

Catjacking?

Pussyfooting?

It's an occurrence as common as suffocating, but not nearly so ubiqcatus as cattamination.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catapulting ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: