Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Everything's bigger in Texas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Everything's bigger in Texas Reply with quote

Spart's recent question about Big Merino in the quiz thread reminded me of this.

A Texan went to Australia, where he kept boasting about how everything in Texas is bigger than anywhere else. (I've never met a Texan who boasted about things being bigger in Texas, but that's the stereotype.)

His Australian friends were getting a bit tired of this, when one of them saw the Texan staring in silence at a bunch of kangaroos. The Australian asked him what was the matter. The Texan glumly replied,

"Alright. I admit them's the biggest jack rabbits I've ever saw."

[img]http://www.redcliffsdesertreserve.com/wildlife/black-tailed-jackrabbit-lepus-californicus[/img]

As usual, I have no idea why the picture does not show up. Can you say "technically chalenged?"
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Everything's bigger in Texas Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Spart's recent question about Big Merino in the quiz thread reminded me of this.

A Texan went to Australia, where he kept boasting about how everything in Texas is bigger than anywhere else. (I've never met a Texan who boasted about things being bigger in Texas, but that's the stereotype.)

His Australian friends were getting a bit tired of this, when one of them saw the Texan staring in silence at a bunch of kangaroos. The Australian asked him what was the matter. The Texan glumly replied,

"Alright. I admit them's the biggest jack rabbits I've ever saw."

[img]http://www.redcliffsdesertreserve.com/wildlife/black-tailed-jackrabbit-lepus-californicus[/img]

As usual, I have no idea why the picture does not show up. Can you say "technically chalenged?"

Right click on Image - Choose Copy Image Location

and you get :

http://www.redcliffsdesertreserve.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Black-tailed-Jack-Rabbit.jpg

Then place the [img] [/img] around it - Smile

Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you Spart. You'll only have to explain it to me every time I try to post a photo, because the older I get the fewer brain cells I have left and the harder they have to work. Crying or Very sad
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you know, it works! I guess Sparticus still has most of his brain cells. Finding Treasure
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
What do you know, it works! I guess Sparticus still has most of his brain cells. Finding Treasure

I'll drink to that Smile Arr!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thereby depleting the functioning brain cells? Shocked
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Thereby depleting the functioning brain cells? Shocked

Arrgh !!! to true.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that hares are easily mistaken for small kangaroos, even by mother kangaroos:

sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
It would appear that hares are easily mistaken for small kangaroos, even by mother kangaroos:

Smile
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twicked by a wascally would-be rodent!
Mad Jack of the Red
Swabbie

2137 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooo . . . .Kaaaaay. I am a native-born Texan. Rancher from Texas is in New York City. In the hotel where he is eating lunch, he orders a steak. The waitress asks him if he would like a salad with his steak. He replies," I am from Texas. In Texas, a cow is food. A salad is what food eats."

Thumbs Up
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been as far west as Texas, but I've heard that the steaks we get here in the east are lousy compared to the Midwest ones. Maybe Texas has better steak too?
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
I've never been as far west as Texas, but I've heard that the steaks we get here in the east are lousy compared to the Midwest ones. Maybe Texas has better steak too?

I used to raise beef in Pennsylvania. There, to get a great steak you went to someplace expensive, or a butcher, if you didn't raise it yourself. Now I live in Wisconsin, and you can buy one anyplace that's not a chain restaurant, or if you want to cook it yourself, you can get it at any of the leading supermarkets.

Actually the restaurant chain Texas Roadhouse offers great steaks in both states. That should probably tell you something.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the problem with Pennsylvanian beef? Wrong kind of grass for the cows to eat or something?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: