Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Ship of The Line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1SavvyDuke
Powder Monkey

69 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Ship of The Line Reply with quote

First time hearing about it after countless campaigns.Never seen one.Going to try and get one today.Anyone seen or used one before.Thoughts?
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are overrated (I lose too many crew when I use an SOTL in battle, and I don't like accidentally sinking my prey), but it's interesting to play around with occasionally. Good luck!
1SavvyDuke
Powder Monkey

69 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having first played game on the commodore and now the 360 I never new it existed.Anxious to see/use one to say the least
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1SavvyDuke wrote:
After having first played game on the commodore and now the 360 I never new it existed.Anxious to see/use one to say the least

They are useful.

This is my current fleet :

Grab a War Canoe - and make it your flag ship when sailing the world - check out the difference in speed.

And when you attack ships - you can change the flag ship - so a win win...
1SavvyDuke
Powder Monkey

69 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fleet,damn!!Well, I managed to acquire one and unfortunately had to upgrade it a bit (triple sails and other stuff were not on it) but I am enjoying it nonetheless.War Galleon looks visually better IMO.

Thanks for the great tip with the war canoe.I usually use a sloop for speed (then switch like you stated for a sea battle) but will give the war canoe a go instead since they fly!!!!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1SavvyDuke wrote:
Nice fleet,damn!!Well, I managed to acquire one and unfortunately had to upgrade it a bit (triple sails and other stuff were not on it) but I am enjoying it nonetheless.War Galleon looks visually better IMO.

Thanks for the great tip with the war canoe.I usually use a sloop for speed (then switch like you stated for a sea battle) but will give the war canoe a go instead since they fly!!!!
Next challenge for a Bit of Fun - When you do get a War Canoe - See if you can Capture a SoTL with it.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ships of the Line are the Rolls Royce of the Caribbean, a natural goal for every non-challenge game I play.. But it hurts a LOT if you then manage to lose it Mad
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Ships of the Line are the Rolls Royce of the Caribbean, a natural goal for every non-challenge game I play.. But it hurts a LOT if you then manage to lose it Mad

Agreed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: