Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Fierce Pirate Flags!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Fierce Pirate Flags! Reply with quote

Y'aarn fellow buccaneers!

This forum has been very helpful, so I'll share my flags for you and to celebrate my first post.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z57lak6gz7piec8/AAAEoB75kmi6qv-t9pRymYgda?n=399556011

I bought the "Sid Meier's Pirates!" -game about two years ago and been playing it since occasionally. It's one of my all-time favourites. Even gave CD-Rom and Wii versions to my nephews, so the Pirates! -magic was introduced to younger generation.

Thanks for the great forum. And it's awesome that there are still many active players. It's truely the mark of the modern artpiece.

Seeya. Sailor
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! Wink
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them be some purty mean looking flags. keepy up the good work and keep them goodies a coming.

PS
Yes I really am a total nut case
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New flag added (a reaper skeleton; file name: flag_bgr.dds):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z57lak6gz7piec8/AAAEoB75kmi6qv-t9pRymYgda?n=399556011
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat work! Thanks for sharing!
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:
New flag added (a reaper skeleton; file name: flag_bgr.dds):

Your Pirate Flag will make a fine addition to my collection.

[adds pirate flag to said collection]

Cheers mate!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nice flags!!!! Excited
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice flag my friend. Another good choice for a scary pirate flag would be the Isis flag. Nothing more scarier than a frigate full of suicidal killers coming after you. Now that I mention it I think I once used the Isis flag for Raymondo and Montalban.
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome and thank you a lot! It really warms my heart (like rum shots) that you appreciate them. I've found so much help, good info and tips from this forum about SMP, it's the least I can give back.
And I'm a merry pirate if you choose to download them. Also you can make changes in them if you prefer, of course. The reason why I made that extra liberty-cap-skull -flag with the suits is, so that's there to be switched when completed some quests (e.g. lost cities/family members; one suit represents each).
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing mate!
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New flag added; from the animation film "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!" (2012)

File name: flag_ham.dds HERE!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:
New flag added; from the animation film "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!" (2012)

File name: flag_ham.dds HERE!

Interesting. Crossed hams under a skull.
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New flag added (flag_alx) and minor edit to grim reaper flag (flag_bgr).

HERE.

EDIT#1: New flag (flag_aly; same as flag_alx but with black background).

EDIT#2: Two new flags:
- flag_dge (skull with dagger in red background)
- flag_wit (skull with rose; for romancing)

EDIT#3: Three new flags:
- flag_dnc (dancing skeletons)
- flag_hyd (hydra)
- flag_max (Max from the "Sam & Max")

EDIT#4: Two new flags and minor edit to dancing skeletons flag (flag_dnc):
- flag_jam (Jamaican flag)
- flag_mon (sea monster)

EDIT#5: Four new flags:
- flag_cnf (red cross with four symbols; nice for English privateers)
- flag_dev (skeleton devil)
- flag_mvl (Marvel's Hydra logo)
- flag_snd (stand & deliver)

EDIT#6: New red flag with skull and bones (flag_red), and minor edit to red cross with four symbols flag (flag_cnf).
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I'm getting pretty good on making these flags (if I may say) so if you have some ideas you're more than a welcome to share them (I don't have any now). Maybe I can make them..

Also, if you know any good pirate phrases they are appreciated very much (even thou they go mirror in the game)..

PS. Please don't ask sails; haven't done those yet (maybe some day)..
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Red rabbit you are getting really good at making flags. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back. I did that once but didn't get much satisfaction from it. Anyway hats off to your work since we can't pat backs. As for ideas why there is a never ending supply of flags that can be made. I just redone all the pirate flags that come with the game. I gave them that sharp new out of the box look and they stand out better with brighter colors but other than that they are still the same flag. Maybe you could try making nation flags and learn about using Alpha channels to give them that battle, weather torn look. Sails will require the use of alpha channels as well. One thing usually leads to another when you start modding and the next thing you know you will be making stuff you had no clue on how to do yesterday. That has been my experience anyway. I just wish everybody could see what I did to those poor Indians. I used Fleets half injun half barmaid and a Thai background scene and turned them into hookers. The text I modified in the exe is what makes it good. Been busting out laughing all day and everybody is like what's wrong with that dude. The Indians would say I was touched by the spirits and the priest would say it is a demon. I intend to agree with the priest since I know why I was laughing anyway. Sorry about all the rambling. I do get carried away sometimes so I apologize. As for pirate phrases I would recommend checking out the talk like a pirate day website. it even has a translator that turns your text into pirate talk. Some good pick up lines there too but don't try them on the lady that works at Long Johns unless you like your fish up beside your head. It's a little embarrassing when all eyes are on you so be careful. Do get one of those kiddy pirate hats though as you'll feel more like a pirate when you set down to play SMP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: