Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Map differs from the land layout? Searching for Montables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dicnar
Powder Monkey

76 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Map differs from the land layout? Searching for Montables Reply with quote

Hi. I have a problem finding Montables hideout. I move straight to the north where I'm supposed to have a death tree on my right , then find the hideout. Instead immediately i encounter a geyser on my right, then two death trees on my left and another geyser. I never had trouble with searching for treasure/cities. Is the game screwing with me or do I have to get all the pieces when searching for Montables hideout to get it spawned?

fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game often has several landmarks with the same name.
If you head west from where you landed and see the arch rock mentioned, you'll know you are at the right starting point.

Sir Loin of Beef posted this>
What I have found 99% of the time is that when stumped by a map like yours, look for seamarks (Jellyfish Rock, Blade Cape etc.) on the coast. Even though they're not on the map they will guide you to Lost Cities and Montalban's Hideout. It's trial and error when there are more than one in the area. Drop anchor, head inland a bit, and if you see an Arch Rock, Deserted Cabin, Stone Head or Indian Totem you're in the right area. If all you see are geysers and dead trees you're not in the right area. This works well with 1 or 2 map pieces as well.

Roland posted this>
Another trick is to try to walk through the geysers and dead trees. If you can walk right through them, you are not in the area represented by the map.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleetp is right. When you land near Cutthroat Reef and go north a little bit you should see a Temple at the coastline. If not, there is another Cutthroat Reef you need to find. It is usually not too far away, go sailing both North and South looking for it. It will be North or South from where you are now and be along the same coastline. It will not be near Vera Cruz or on the same side of the peninsula as Campeche and Villa Hermosa, or on another island, it will be just North or South from where you are now.
dicnar
Powder Monkey

76 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx guys! That was the case, there was another cutthroat reef near , then immediately I found the arc and the rest was smooth sailing. Interesting that when you can pass through objects it's not the right place, got to keep that in mind. Glad there's a forum for this great game, I'm constantly returning to it and i bet I never stop.
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! I find here new things to learn all the time..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: