Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Reassign hotkeys for map and pause?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackPrat
Powder Monkey

795 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reassign hotkeys for map and pause? Reply with quote

This seems like a simple enough question, but I can't find this addressed anywhere. I use a laptop and don't want to use a second keyboard or the fn key. I had no problem reassigning most of the necessary keys with the exception of one area.

Is there a way to change the hotkeys for opening the Map and Pause while sailing? I don't see a place where that is possible in the keymap/laptop.ini files and assume that means it's permanently assigned to numpad keys 3 and 7. Maybe there is a third party program to do it simply enough.

I like to chill while I play. Having to click the map icon frequently to get my bearings while sailing is the opposite of chill. Any help is much appreciated!
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting the Esc key should pause the game.
JackPrat
Powder Monkey

795 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:

Yeah, but esc also brings up the menu forcing me to use the cursor to open the map.

I did see that F6 is a devoted map hotkey on the manual, but I am not sure if it will work for my laptop. Also, its toooo far of a reach away!
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackPrat wrote:
fleetp wrote:

Yeah, but esc also brings up the menu forcing me to use the cursor to open the map.

I did see that F6 is a devoted map hotkey on the manual, but I am not sure if it will work for my laptop. Also, its toooo far of a reach away!

The 1 and 3 keys on the number pad scroll side to side in the menu, and 8 and 2 go up and down, respectively. No need to use the mouse at all. Well, you may need to to rename a ship, but you can even select a ship as your flagship with only the keys. You're welcome. Wink
JackPrat
Powder Monkey

795 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
JackPrat wrote:
fleetp wrote:

The 1 and 3 keys on the number pad scroll side to side in the menu, and 8 and 2 go up and down, respectively. No need to use the mouse at all. Well, you may need to to rename a ship, but you can even select a ship as your flagship with only the keys. You're welcome. Wink

Sweet! Suuuper chill. Thanks man Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: