Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Leftovers from development?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le Strange
Powder Monkey

136 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Leftovers from development? Reply with quote

So I've always bought those shrunken heads and shaman stick in my playthroughs... now I'm not even sure they do anything.

I looked them up on the wiki and it said this

Now I'm curious what developers meant do with them and what more they would've done with the faction.

It says in the Pirate-O-Pedia that native soldier can fight for the player? Has anybody ever had that happen?

Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Leftovers from development? Reply with quote

Le Strange wrote:
So I've always bought those shrunken heads and shaman stick in my playthroughs... now I'm not even sure they do anything.

I looked them up on the wiki and it said this

Now I'm curious what developers meant do with them and what more they would've done with the faction.

It says in the Pirate-O-Pedia that native soldier can fight for the player? Has anybody ever had that happen?

No, the Indians will never fight for you and you will never have a swordfight with them when you catch up with their war canoes.

The shrunken heads and shaman stick are worthless. The most they could possibly do is recycle an indian village more quickly - that is they might launch another raid for you sooner than if you had the special items but I seriously doubt it, they are worthless.

Same thing with the special items with the Jesuit Missions. The most they could possibly do is re-set the status of the Mission to "Friendly" and they would then tell you where Raymondo is or launch an immigrant ship or amnesty ship for you and I don't believe they do that. I consider them worthless.

By the way, Welcome Aboard! This is your first post. Go the main board and introduce yourself. How long have you been playing Sid Meier's Pirates (SMP)? Do you play on a PC, Mac, game console, iPad or what?
Good to hear from you!

Arr! Arr!
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was probably Sashanan's (mostly) authoritative FAQ that stated, speculatively, that Jesuit and Indian relations had not been included in the final edition of the game, and this was widely believed for a long time. But Warden figured out how the sacred items influence the friendliness of Jesuit missions, and jlangsdo confirmed it. They shared their research in this thread:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1258

I'm not sure whether anyone has figured out whether or how Indian relations work.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Leftovers from development? Reply with quote

Le Strange wrote:

In practice, this just means that you can visit an Indian village and persuade the chief to send a war party to attack a city. You can do the same thing with pirates if you visit a pirate haven and speak to the captain. These attacks can soften up the defenses of a city, making it easier for you to sack.
Le Strange
Powder Monkey

136 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a shame I guess deep down inside I always knew they didn't have that much of an effect

(I imagined the Indians that cities used changing sides mid-battle and rallying to my shrunken heads Smile )

but it was nice to always have that mystery in there.

I play on PC and I'm sort of just now coming back to the game but I've been curious about its development and things that might have been cut from content. I guess its because I'm craving more and just want to imagine what else could've been.

So far I've found:
Artillery units: there was a whole topic on them that was great and even images for them in a mod.

Tobacco: I thought I saw a post about this but I cant find it

Spanish Tartane: there was concept art for this

Know of any other things?
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, just use he PHTrainer and make all Villages and Missions Pirate Havens, and you don't have to worry about it.

Except then the war Canoes come from Europe and are sailed by Spaniards who apparently dress up like Indians and raid cities...

I wonder if they throw tea into the harbor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: