Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Changing the Nifs
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: know just enough to be dangerous Reply with quote

As far as I can tell u r right. It was there 1st use of gamebyro. Restructuring the game to only use 1 nif per character would be a major "fix".

Fixing the exe to point to the right nif, kf, and kfms would only take about 10 minutes. But reshooting the kf's for the PC so as to only use a single nif would be time consuming initially but once done........
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bow to your expertise. I am a sculptor and animator, not a programmer (although I found a bunch of values that can be changed to make gameplay different).
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: just enough Reply with quote

Actually that would be Adammil, dogcigar, and llangsdo. I know just enough to give there work a workout.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Cleavage? Reply with quote

Not to be criticizing such genius, more of a suggestion that might improve the plain daughter image... cleavage is missing.... even when the dress top bulges in the proper places the cleavage shading does not enhance the view.

Just an observation, not a criticism...take it as a challenge? You seem to really enjoy the creativity.

Cheers matey
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: beautiful daug textures Reply with quote

just reset SMP and load the legs mods. Is there any textures for the beaut daug besides e1? Pirate did you make some up?

Wanting a clean slate. Have to fix the Vampi dualing BM and have created an Anne Bonny/Stede Bonnet replacement works well in nifskope and 3ds max but as usual not appearing in game. The sword and pistol do.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was working on some. Hard drive is abiut to go on my modding computer. Hope to be back up in going in a few days
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have the Nike girl ready. That's the d1 daughter. she has on denim shorts and a Nike top. Posted a screen of here in another thread. Will fix em all up soon
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Updated NIFs? Reply with quote

Are there any updated character NIFs? I read about PNG posts of new characters ... but, don't see the NIF file link for downloading.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: NIF 211 Reply with quote

As stated previously, did a pirates reload to factory. Put in the Graybeard mod. All females reset to factory. Boring. So.....

This link provides the universal female nifs, dds textures, and uv map. CAUTION nudes.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/universal.rar

For historical purposes (when I forget a month from now). All females have legs. All females have basic nudes textures.

I took the beau GD bone rig, she has the most bones (you can choose not to weight a bone but you can't weight a bone that's not there), and the barmaid mesh (the GD beau and barmaid are the same). There is a Uheadless and Uheaditeeth. These are fully weighted meshes w/o the head. The iteeth includes the eyes and teeth this way the UV map is consistent across the board.

Because the body: eyes, teeth, boots, torso, arms, legs, hands are the same the uv map (what you make the texture artwork on) is the same. Make a hooters uniform it fits them ALL. I am working on K-Bobs Mod maker separate from this as the UV maps are png's and 512 not 1024 res.

Another thing that drove me nuts was the chest. To correctly place a circle at the center of the render you would have to draw it at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the chest. Further more you would then have to make each face a different size so it comes out a perfect circle. Insane. The chest has been reworked so what u c is what u get. Looks a little to much like the bumper of a 59 caddy but I compromised.

What we have now is 2 barmaids normal and dualing, and really 2 GD's per nation thin and wide face. The 4-4 and lost daughter are really repositioned thin face. The -1 and -2 textures relate to thin face and wide face respectively but interchange quite well.

In reality the face and hair are what changes (that includes position on the uv map) and chest size. From smallest to largest: plain GD, attr GD, beau Gd and BM. Don't worry the clothes "stretch" as needed.

On a side note mandiuscreel had mentioned there are 2 versions used in game 10.1.0.0 and 4.0.0.2 EVEN if the original was a version 10 a modded nif HAS to be version 4.0.0.2 That was the problem I had been having why the new nif's were not showing in game.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a brief moment to check it out on another pc. Just the barmaids as the ones you meet in the taverns. Haven't dueled or anything like that. Looks decent but did notice that each body part appears to be joined together like a mannequin. I mean like you can see lines where the torso meets the lower body, arms meet the shoulder, hands meet the wrist. Not complaining or anything like that but I just wanted to point that out.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: know what you mean Reply with quote

Made sure to overlap the EXACT same texture color at all the seams and it still is visible.

Working on K-Bobs Mod Maker. Having problems I do not remember from b4. The base layer doesn't want to work, and I did an output which is 512 not 1024 (there are resize subroutines in the code). Anyone familiar with ruby? I simply renamed everything to remove reference to attr beau barmaid and plain that way anything fits anything. The first attempt it pulled up my backgrounds (which have to be png or gif) but I left them at 1024 so they were WAY out of scale in the preview. Redid every female as a 512 png now it won't lock it in as a base layer ( maybe requires the bkg in the name?) About 1/2 of whats there is not relevant with the new legs mod and of that about 2/3 needs to be repositioned.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: artists wanted Reply with quote

If I or we can straighten out the Mod Maker glitch we have a mass clothing respository at our disposal. I used the Jack Rackum and PC skinning test to check out the NIF's and they worked fine. In use the barmaid needs a retune to her wrist and hands.

This started as a Stede Bonnet to Anne Bonny mod and progressed from there. Hate to have to reskin everytime we use a mesh in another slot.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: One character? Reply with quote

I really find the same character being present in each and every port of a nation or pirate haven is "stupid"...Gump's Momma sourced... unless there are an outrageously statistically prohibited number of multiple twins, quads, litters with the same genetics this is just too stupid to ignore.

Can someone come up with a random selector or sequential selection scheme to assign a different character to a specific name port at the start of each game, and change them if a port is taken over by another nationality? This would be so much easier on the mental acceptance of this pseudo reality...and less Mario.Sad

Skilled gamers have developed a variety of characters, with specific features and elaborate dress. Shame this game cannot make use of this skill set to increase the enjoyment.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the base modals in the mod maker are bkg and the clothing textures are png. I'm thinking too that any of the mentioned formats can be used as base textures even dds but you might have to load it manually instead of it appearing automatically from the mod makers content folder
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Manual posting Reply with quote

I do a manual change of the "guard" each time I start or restart a game. Still having the same character showing up as Gov Daughter or barmaid each time I visit another port is irritating. No way to automate it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: