Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Beautiful Daughters Legs Mod Complete
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Take your time and don't hurry it. I'm back to the base computer now to see what I can cook up.

pirate,
I've started a new topic for the modified barmaids (subject more barmaid mods - with legs), and posted a cropped picture of the French barmaid using your e1 beautiful daughter face. I changed the mouth so the face would not have a sardonic grin.

Very respectfully,
fleet
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: frozen face Reply with quote

The frozen face is a result of the universal body concept. The GDB and barmaid have extra "bones" that can be weighted. The GDP and some of the other NIF's have less bones. U can use the UbX nif anywhere with usually good results.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: frozen face Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
The frozen face is a result of the universal body concept. The GDB and barmaid have extra "bones" that can be weighted. The GDP and some of the other NIF's have less bones. U can use the UbX nif anywhere with usually good results.

I don't have the Ubx.nif Crying or Very sad
Please post a link.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parksbanyon I don't seem to have that one either. My old computer died and it could have been on it. I did manage to save some stuff off of it but not everything.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: workin on it Reply with quote

trying to find a place to put it. Dropbox has some issues.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: dropbox Reply with quote

I THINK this opens the entire dropbox public folder which is all the pirates stuff Smile Sad Surprised Confused Question

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/byelhcafi0chrnr/AAChuiBjrfVxkRDHwTTd0oMPa?dl=0
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: dropbox Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
I THINK this opens the entire dropbox public folder which is all the pirates stuff Smile Sad Surprised Confused Question

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/byelhcafi0chrnr/AAChuiBjrfVxkRDHwTTd0oMPa?dl=0

Thanks, the link works. Which file contains the ubx.nif?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: ubx equals ub rar Reply with quote

Should be the UB.rar Universal.rar has a uv texture scheme I didn't like.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ubx equals ub rar Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Should be the UB.rar Universal.rar has a uv texture scheme I didn't like.

I just downloaded the ub.rar file.
It contains
UbL.nif
UbM.nif
UbS.nif

It does not contain a file named ubx.nif.

I downloaded universal.rar just to be sure, and it does not contain a file named ubx.nif.

Very respectfully,
fleet

Last edited by fleetp on Fri May 05, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a peep at the textures I came to the conclusion that they all should be Ubx.nif. I assume that Ub stands for universal barmaid and I'll let you figure out what x means. Smile
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: and the winner is Reply with quote

10 points to pirate
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: frozen face Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:

Just in case that feller mandiuscreel sails into port again, and finds himself favorably disposed towards the notion of dropping in on my humble shop, I thought I'd tack this here bulletin up here so's maybe he'll see it.

Way it was, boyos, and ye'll not credit me by the first telling, as sure as the hills of Killarney be green. Orrah, 'tis a bizarre tale even to me own eyes, wot was there to do the seein'. But by my soul I tell ye, 'tis a true testament, though to be frank, most of ye would likely rather return to yer beer and ales than read all of this, and I'd not fault ye if ye do.

I was roamin' the storm-tossed reaches of the Web Seas aboard HRMS Portland, me faithful vessel for many a year now, and sailed into a sleepy little backwater of a place called Niftools or some such ... when to me unbelievin' eyes, I see huddled over a table in a dim corner none other than yer very own Parksbanyon. Only it's not he as he appears today lads, oh no. 'Tis a seeming apparition, frozen in place as 'twere, from a time long ago!

https://forum.niftools.org/profile/1280-parksbanyon/content/

Now I'd been sailin' to and fro for days ye see, tryin' to find the same port 'o call our lad Parks was on about there, so ye can maybe appreciate me frustration. Ye see, I felt like the poor sod who'd sailed into the harbor in a battered and leaky pinnace looking to sign on for Drake's mission of plunder along the Spanish Main, two weeks after it had sailed. Or years, in this case.

Still, in the hopes it may help me own poor nod wrap around this here stuff, or/and help some other lost soul, I'll just tack this up and leave y'ns in peace.

Through comparisons in Nifskope and Blender I surmise that the modified nif parksbanyon made is one in which he edited an original SMP nif to add legs and remove the skirt. (Please correct me if this analysis is incorrect). Relatively straightforward stuff for anyone fit to command a vessel such as these Blender and Threedias rigs.

I also noticed, though, what seems to my admittedly lubberly eye a crucial difference between the modified nif armature and the original, as shown in this screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2o2f0n2mn1itkv/bdcomp_Lv_Rm.jpg?dl=0

(This screenshot shows a comparison in Blender of the original SMP daug_beau_thin_face.nif to the left, and the modified one to the right.)
As you will see, the modded nif lacks the bone "bip01:footsteps", which to my understandin' is a key asset for the animations in SMP. Is this as intended? I know it is not a Blender error because a view in Nifskope shows the same variation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nowj4lt0v785zct/bdcompN_Lv_Rm.jpg?dl=0

Is this one of those "extra bones"?

You may also note the absence of some other data blocks, e.g. NiVertexColorProperty on node 2. Again, is this wad or a bug? The latter seems more likely to me, since another missing one is a KFAccumRoot, which critters I take to be buffers of some sort for the animation (?).

This screen shows SMP barmaid vs mandiuscreel's ubl (order reversed, vanilla on right):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q422p6ajiletcpl/barcompN_Rv_Lm.jpg?dl=0

As you see, the same variances show in this comparison as those evidenced in that of the daug_beau nifs. (I haven't yet loaded these in Blender, as that should be unnecessary to this analysis.)

Now, I hesitate to even post this, honestly, because from reading posts here and elsewhere as well as the works represented here I see that both parksbanyon and mandiuscreel clearly know how to skipper a modeling deck and it seems a terrible presumption on my part. All I'm after is to be clear for me own purposes whether this omission is deliberate, and if so why it was done, so that I don't find meself aground on some as-yet unforeseen shoals. Frankly, I need to know IF it was done, and is not merely "evidence" of me own ignorance. I mean, the thing clearly works in game, right. I'm just thinking there's an off chance, however wild a venture it may be on my part, that the problem Parks references in the Niftools post could be related to this somehow. (And whether he ever resolved the issue, as that post is nearly two years stale now.)

I can't thank you guys enough, especially Parksbanyon and mandiuscreel, for sharing their knowledge across the Web, and again for responding to my hails recently.

And I thank the rest of you lot again for yer kind patience.

Surprised

Edit: It struck me that "a vessel" was overly broad, and rather insulting really so I changed it. As sure as my name's not really Raleigh I know there's not a man jack among ye who's not sailing their own "vessels" quite well by appearances. I meant no slight in that regard and thought it wise to be clear.
Also changed "unschooled" to "lubberly" to be more in keeping with flavor.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: footsteps 101 Reply with quote

I saw u and prate discussing kf and kfm files in another thread and I'll throw in my 2 pence there. But, footsteps..... If u look at a skeleton in nifskope there are 2 diamonds. The 1 at the crotch is the BIP or BIP01 node. This tells u where the character's place is in x-z and y-z space. the FOOTSTEPS node tells you where the character is in x-y space. The missing bones I was referring to are for example: the beautiful daug has 3 hair bones and the plain has none. If u put the plain daug on the beautiful skeleton it will work. If you put the beautiful daug skin on the plain skeleton it will crash. Plain skeleton doesn't have the hair bones the beautiful skin needs to animate. That's why the frozen face on the GD's and barmaid. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: