Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Larger Cities
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Larger Cities Reply with quote

I've been working on a mod to spice up the Carribean. Using the trainer I doubled the populatin and soldiers of each city and then I did it again. After saving the game I took a hex editer to my saved game and managed to find all of the cities inside. Comparing those cities with the default cities in the .exe I found some really big changes. Here is an example.

a5 01 00 00 75 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 0c 06 00 02 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 01 00 00 # Antigua old

A5 01 00 00 75 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 20 16 00 02 00 00 00 0B 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 11 01 00 00 # Antigua new


c6 00 00 00 b8 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 41 2d 04 3c 00 00 00 c3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 01 00 # Havana old

C6 00 00 00 B8 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 A8 32 04 3C 00 00 00 C7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 01 00 # Havana new


After copying down all those new cities I decided to create a new .exe using some of Adammills modifications and you guessed it. I replaced those old cities with the new ones from my saved game. Life as a pirate might get tough. Sacking places like Havana might be difficult or impossible. Haven't tried it out yet but the good news is recruiting is much more easier. stopping at a wealthy St. Martians I had 92 buccaneers looking for work. All of this using the new .exe without the trainer. Sorry ii I bored anybody but I bet you wouldn't be bored If I could show you my new pirate haven background and some of the other goodies.. I just wanted to show that the .exe is far from being unmoddable. Add some of Adammills work or perhaps jlangsdo's faster dancing mod to it could making even an experienced sailor go looking for a new career selling vacuum cleaners or something else rather then pirating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fleetp
Gunner
Posts: 584



5515 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from personal experience, I'd like to say "ALWAYS make a back up copy of any file BEFORE hex-editing."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Captain Teague
Rigger
Posts: 1061



10983 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Larger Cities Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I've been working on a mod to spice up the Carribean. Using the trainer I doubled the populatin and soldiers of each city and then I did it again. After saving the game I took a hex editer to my saved game and managed to find all of the cities inside. Comparing those cities with the default cities in the .exe I found some really big changes. Here is an example.

a5 01 00 00 75 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 0c 06 00 02 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 01 00 00 # Antigua old

A5 01 00 00 75 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 20 16 00 02 00 00 00 0B 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 11 01 00 00 # Antigua new


c6 00 00 00 b8 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 41 2d 04 3c 00 00 00 c3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 01 00 # Havana old

C6 00 00 00 B8 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 A8 32 04 3C 00 00 00 C7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 01 00 # Havana new


After copying down all those new cities I decided to create a new .exe using some of Adammills modifications and you guessed it. I replaced those old cities with the new ones from my saved game. Life as a pirate might get tough. Sacking places like Havana might be difficult or impossible. Haven't tried it out yet but the good news is recruiting is much more easier. stopping at a wealthy St. Martians I had 92 buccaneers looking for work. All of this using the new .exe without the trainer. Sorry ii I bored anybody but I bet you wouldn't be bored If I could show you my new pirate haven background and some of the other goodies.. I just wanted to show that the .exe is far from being unmoddable. Add some of Adammills work or perhaps jlangsdo's faster dancing mod to it could making even an experienced sailor go looking for a new career selling vacuum cleaners or something else rather then pirating.

That sounds... really neat, actually. Like a "more realistic" pirate sim. Good job, mate.
_________________
The Code is the Law.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Speaking from personal experience, I'd like to say "ALWAYS make a back up copy of any file BEFORE hex-editing."


Thats true. Ive screwed em up more than a couple of times myself. I know Parks has and sounds like fleetp has but the only way to learn is by doing so make a back up and have fun screwing up the .exe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Larger Cities Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Pirate wrote:
I've been working on a mod to spice up the Carribean. Using the trainer I doubled the populatin and soldiers of each city and then I did it again. After saving the game I took a hex editer to my saved game and managed to find all of the cities inside. Comparing those cities with the default cities in the .exe I found some really big changes. Here is an example.

a5 01 00 00 75 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 0c 06 00 02 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 01 00 00 # Antigua old

A5 01 00 00 75 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 01 20 16 00 02 00 00 00 0B 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 11 01 00 00 # Antigua new


c6 00 00 00 b8 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 41 2d 04 3c 00 00 00 c3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 01 00 # Havana old

C6 00 00 00 B8 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 A8 32 04 3C 00 00 00 C7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 01 00 # Havana new


After copying down all those new cities I decided to create a new .exe using some of Adammills modifications and you guessed it. I replaced those old cities with the new ones from my saved game. Life as a pirate might get tough. Sacking places like Havana might be difficult or impossible. Haven't tried it out yet but the good news is recruiting is much more easier. stopping at a wealthy St. Martians I had 92 buccaneers looking for work. All of this using the new .exe without the trainer. Sorry ii I bored anybody but I bet you wouldn't be bored If I could show you my new pirate haven background and some of the other goodies.. I just wanted to show that the .exe is far from being unmoddable. Add some of Adammills work or perhaps jlangsdo's faster dancing mod to it could making even an experienced sailor go looking for a new career selling vacuum cleaners or something else rather then pirating.

That sounds... really neat, actually. Like a "more realistic" pirate sim. Good job, mate.



Thanks for the comments mate.

As usual my mods always come with what I call plenty of eye candy but that's only part of it. To make a good mod the game itself needs a tuneup rather then the same thing over and over. Anyway I'm just testing the water now. I'm not sure what direction this mod will go. Changing the cities though is something I like doing so it's probably a safe bet to say they will be different. Ideas from anyone on what should be done to make a kick butt Caribbean mod are welcome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Teague
Rigger
Posts: 1061



10983 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way to beef up the pirate hunters would be good. Realistically, pirates showed their rudder to any and all hunting parties. You can take on even a SotL with a war canoe in the vanilla game. If you made pirate hunters and other warships a real challenge, and pirate hunters something to fear, that would be fantastic.
_________________
The Code is the Law.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Any way to beef up the pirate hunters would be good. Realistically, pirates showed their rudder to any and all hunting parties. You can take on even a SotL with a war canoe in the vanilla game. If you made pirate hunters and other warships a real challenge, and pirate hunters something to fear, that would be fantastic.


I like your thinking but sounds like something I might not be able to help you with. Maybe giving all the captains and the top ten's the fencing skills of Monty might be a good challege for some folks. Some people here like the small boat pirate lifestyle but with larger citys and montys running around everywhere that might signal a ship upsize for those folks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Teague
Rigger
Posts: 1061



10983 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:
Any way to beef up the pirate hunters would be good. Realistically, pirates showed their rudder to any and all hunting parties. You can take on even a SotL with a war canoe in the vanilla game. If you made pirate hunters and other warships a real challenge, and pirate hunters something to fear, that would be fantastic.


I like your thinking but sounds like something I might not be able to help you with. Maybe giving all the captains and the top ten's the fencing skills of Monty might be a good challege for some folks. Some people here like the small boat pirate lifestyle but with larger citys and montys running around everywhere that might signal a ship upsize for those folks.

As someone who likes to play on Swashbuckler, that would do it. Assuming you mean "military" captains (escorts, pirate hunters, troop transports, and (unfortunately) smugglers), I would be embracing that oldest and noblest of pirate traditions on many occasions.
_________________
The Code is the Law.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was my thinking. not the merchant captains but the others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Havana as a base model for all the cities I came up with some interesting conclusions. Not all cities will become capitals, Some cities still have more folks in them then others. The ones who were originally known for luxury's and spice seemed to benefit the best while the ones dealing cheap food were still kinda cheap even if bigger. Pirates seemed to have trouble looting the cities meaning that most may have a stronger military presence.
Any Ideas on making meaner richer cities please feel free to speak up. Anyone who wants to test a Havana filled Caribbean please fill free to ask.

I don't think I can put together a uniform much sharper than this one. using parks jacket with gold stripped pants and a darker hat and that mc logo on the back of the jacket is about as sharp as it gets. Every girl crazy about a well dressed man then here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyji0q04p7q6lek/Screenshot%202017-02-03%2017.34.30.png?dl=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rusty Edge
Rigger
Posts: 1329



12330 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I usually don't bother with the plain daughters any more, I have never danced well enough to almost encircle the heart with double hearts!!

Amazing! Arr! Worship
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
While I usually don't bother with the plain daughters any more, I have never danced well enough to almost encircle the heart with double hearts!!

Amazing! Arr! Worship


I wasn't playing the game I was taking screen shots so it was on auto dance.


Last edited by Pirate on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pirate
Rigger
Posts: 1030



14951 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group