Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Cheng I Sao or Ching Shih
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: eyes? Reply with quote

The eyes give it away...as you admitted in the original post.

Any chance you could get an almond shape and a slight tilt inward toward the nose?

That is all that I can see that is inconsistent with Asian nationality.

She's yarrr as is, so this would just be an embellishment.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: perhaps final Reply with quote

Question Perhaps final facial mod? The eyes are tricky. After intently looking at hundreds of Thai's and dozens of Chinese, Japanese, Korean over the past week I made the latest based on upward inclination of the "outer" eye point with a straight across lower lid and a half moon upper lid. Flat nose bridge and slim petite nose and lips. This is complicated by the fact that after examining most of the skeleton's used in SMP the standard pose (viewed sideways) is a severe S curve hip/ spine with a severe s spine/ neck with the forward thrusting jaw. As such the barmaid is more the standard than the beautiful daughter. The "factory" eyes and teeth placement have to remain to ensure minimal distortion with the animations. This made it well...complicated. The Vampirella barmaid is done except for weighting. Ching Sao I want to touch up the eyelash and eyebrow and restore the skirt. Weighting is still a problem for me as 3ds Max does NOT work. Blender 2.77 maybe works but I'm Blender stupid, and Blender 2.49 does work but I can't work with it for more than 30 seconds before I screw something up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/FinalChingShi.png
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you never gave up. She's looking great
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Glad you never gave up. She's looking great

Aye, agreed.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: upload Ching Shih and Vampirella Reply with quote

I have uploaded 90 percent completed Ching Shih and Vampirella barmaids. I say 90 percent because it contains the nif textures and uv background. HOWEVER tho they appear in game the head and leg weights are WAY off. Anyone that can use blender 2.49b can fix them. I suck with blender. In fact Ching Shih is fairly intact so I'm gonna roll up the sleeves and see if I can skin them correctly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/Ching%20Shih.rar

and

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/vampirella.rar
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I can see that you can run circles around me when it comes to talent. Amazing work. The only people I can think of that might be able to help with the weighting would be Mandiuscreel or fleetp but I'm not sure if Mandiuscreel is still around. Last I heard he was working on a project turning the player into a big boobed cutlass swinging babe.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Thanks. I can see that you can run circles around me when it comes to talent. Amazing work. The only people I can think of that might be able to help with the weighting would be Mandiuscreel or fleetp but I'm not sure if Mandiuscreel is still around. Last I heard he was working on a project turning the player into a big boobed cutlass swinging babe.

I don't know anything about weighting. Crying or Very sad
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These nif modifications sound like. A Pain in the butt. I, ll just keep doing what I do because I know I would fall over dead if I tried the nif modifications.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Its Alive Reply with quote

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/Ching%20Shih%20max.png

Proof that a mesh CAN be done solely with 3ds max and nifskope. didn't think it would work so only "rough" weighted it. Details will be in the NIF creation 101 thread
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Finish Reply with quote

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/Ching%20Shih.rar

Just in case the post from above does not work. This the Final weighted usable Ching Shih "barmaid".

and links to screen shots:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/chingshihfinalclose.png
and
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3742149/chingshihfinalfar.png

Finish the Vampi barmaid and on to collisions.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the breechcloth a part of the design? Didn't notice it in the first one.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is the Chinese long dress similar to the Vietnamese Ao dai
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: and the answer is Reply with quote

choose number 2.

BTW did a trial run of Vampirella (still needs some fine tuning on the weighting) playing with texturing as in real gold vs yellow works great.

THANKS BIG TIME to mandiuscreel.... I lost a year and a half if not 2, cause I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Elmeks leaderhead guide clearly states to roll only the modifications back into the vanilla model. Now it only takes an added 5 minutes to get a workable character in game.

B4 I start experimenting with the collision I'm gonna try a hi res mesh out. Very Happy Smile Surprised
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your getting the hang of this. Are you going to do the dueling barmaids too? Maybe a bargirl with a pool cue would make the ideal replacement for the Native Chief with the spear. Smile
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Dual Reply with quote

Vampi is complete just not uploaded. The upload will include 1.base nif 2. dual nif 3.npc texture (both nifs use the same texture) 4. bottle texture 5. Texture patterns.

Only takes a minute to make update the dual nif as it uses the same texture. Only adds the bottle and I made a texture for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: