Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirate Rank?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogcigar
Swabbie

542 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Pirate Rank? Reply with quote

Ahoy all pirates. Been at sea for a while.

Not sure if this has been found before but if you're modding the exe you can put in a pirate rank just after the Dutch one. It's 2 bytes. If you make it 5 or more you will get half price upgrades at havens. 9 and they be free. Doesn't seem to affect the number of recruits or goods traded however.

Maybe good to combine with the Parrot mod.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Can you post before and after screenshots of the hex-edited part of the exe file?
dogcigar
Swabbie

542 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't made a mod yet but I'm on a mac so would probably be useless for ya. If you use "The Cheat Engine" it's easy to find the place or use the readme file from Phalyzer's trainer if it meets up with your version.

Like I said, 2 bytes long and 2 bytes after the Dutch rank. Connect it to some item or something else if you want and get it to write somehow. I've been out of practice but I think my favourite way to mod used to be as you enter a city. The game writes and wipes lots of registers at this time.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogcigar wrote:
I haven't made a mod yet but I'm on a mac so would probably be useless for ya. If you use "The Cheat Engine" it's easy to find the place or use the readme file from Phalyzer's trainer if it meets up with your version.

Like I said, 2 bytes long and 2 bytes after the Dutch rank. Connect it to some item or something else if you want and get it to write somehow. I've been out of practice but I think my favourite way to mod used to be as you enter a city. The game writes and wipes lots of registers at this time.

Okay, thanks for responding. I've got the PC version and Phalyzer's trainer.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's kind of like getting a promotion from the pirate captain except you manually do it yourself instead of the game promoting you for your deeds? Always wanted to sail as a outlaw pirate rather than a nation sponsored one. Looks like promotions can be had even though not really intended.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: sweet Reply with quote

I was thinking about that awhile back. Have an authority issue so avoiding the "man" (established nationalities) would be nice. Now For a pirate captains daughter...Penelope Cruz as Blackbeards daughter maybe? I'll make the NIF if someone can figure an exe hack.
dogcigar
Swabbie

542 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
So it's kind of like getting a promotion from the pirate captain except you manually do it yourself instead of the game promoting you for your deeds? Always wanted to sail as a outlaw pirate rather than a nation sponsored one. Looks like promotions can be had even though not really intended.

A few things in the code look like the programmers may have wanted the Pirates and Indians to have had a bigger role. Looks like elements were taken out. For example there are still indian and pirate favor levels stored just after the regular ones and don't do much except for making pirates curse you as you sail past. You actually get positive pirate favor for attacking military ships. You can see it in the captain's log. There's another one too that looks like general good deeds like immigrant missions. Probably was for jesuit favor. Guess things just got too complicated
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: favor points Reply with quote

Isn't the favor points what is used to determine rank upgrade? So the input is there and the slot for the output variable they just didn't install the normal subroutine to assign the rank variable subject to target input.??
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: sweet Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
I was thinking about that awhile back. Have an authority issue so avoiding the "man" (established nationalities) would be nice. Now For a pirate captains daughter...Penelope Cruz as Blackbeards daughter maybe? I'll make the NIF if someone can figure an exe hack.

Sounds like a winner but a royal pain in the watchamacallit at the same time. I assuming that the top 9 not counting myself would act as governors with daughters? Then you kill of all the governors to be the top ranked pirate? I'm not sure about the daughters or dancing part but even stopping by the pirate havens and have them promote you would be a more achievable even if less exiting task.
dogcigar
Swabbie

542 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: sweet Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:

Interesting. Kind of easily doable without the governors daughters.

I'd absolutely blow out all nations bounties on your head as the game starts. Easy to do. Hopefully would stop you getting into all nations ports except settlements. I'd block the jesuit amnesty mission too.

As you 'talk to the pirate' he could promote you. Would take a new promotion code I expect. I wouldn't want to write or find the space for that. Changing the hardcoded text would be easy though.

You could still complete lost relatives and Monty quests.Spawning lost cities would take some changes though. Maybe a short game where maps instantly fill out like on apprentice level would let you get Monty's map and 3 lost cities while rescuing relatives. It'd be fun for a game or two even without the promotion.
dogcigar
Swabbie

542 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: favor points Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Isn't the favor points what is used to determine rank upgrade? So the input is there and the slot for the output variable they just didn't install the normal subroutine to assign the rank variable subject to target input.??

Favor leads to rank/promotion. Upgrades and repairs are from rank.

On a side note, if AdamMil is still around or anyone else knows. You looked into how rank/favor works when entering the city. Did you see anything about how it's only restricted to the main nation? Ie nations 0 to 3. I'd like to be able to block entry to havens or villages. Perhaps it could work automatically with a small code change.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking the same about just talking to the pirate and he promotes you chat wise rather then governed ceremony style. Of course not having governors daughters sucks but if I knew how I would just fix it where your the barmaids sponsor and when you start running low on dough she ditches you the same like the crew starts leaving. She would always ask to divide the plunder and to keep her you would either divide it or have good crew moral. Probably not doable but and interesting thought anyway is it not?
dogcigar
Swabbie

542 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe she could ask you to divide OUR plunder. Haha
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking more pirate style. Chances are unless he intended on quitting his trade he wouldn't make a serous husband anyway so he just spends his port time with a wench, bargirl, prostitute or whatever you prefer calling her. She says she's his only for a price of course even if she I has half a hundred other sponsors who think she's theirs. Maybe the captain of the guard could be her boyfriend and when he finds out about you he
is scolding her and of course that is when you confront him and do the dual deal. I'm a pirate so I'm living it up on my money. Throwing it away on a girl or booze knowing soon my end is coming from either a battle or even more likely some sickness from the lifestyle I'm living.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: game or reality Reply with quote

Pirate you talking 'bout the game or real life. In my case they be getting confusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: