Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

NIF 201 Hi res NPCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: NIF 201 Hi res NPCs Reply with quote

Working on trying to get a hi-res model into play. The standard character is 2000-3000 vertices. The one I'm WIP is 18000.

I did a basic skin on the factory BM skeleton and tried an import. She is not visible. The shadow is present and in 3ds max she does work and is in the correct world space. I tried vertex paint, uv paint, and skin texture so I am positive SOME sort of visible paint scheme is in place.

I was originally thinking that using a "driver" skinning process was the solution, but now not so sure. The concept is SMP only drives x amount of vertices during animation but is that the case? Or is it not visible because it can not render (18000/3) 6000 faces?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: test 1 Reply with quote

I chopped her into a small simple chunk (torso) that is within limits 1944 vertices (dualing BM is 2515). Not visible. Sad
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Setting the static pose Reply with quote

The standard mesh static pose is the T pose legs slightly apart, arms straight out or nearly so, and hands facing forward or downward. As many know the SMP females use a gunslinger pose.

To change a static pose import the desired mesh with a skeleton, move the bones into mesh position, set the weighting as required , activate and move to desired pose.

Save as .obj Reopen, unhide all, hide desired mesh, delete everything else. save desired mesh as obj.

You now have a mesh in the deform position without any weighting influence.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

ran across this post. Had to use the MandiousCreel method to get it to work. 6600 vertex model no problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: