Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Happy Labor Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Happy Labor Day Reply with quote

Party time is here. Grab a bottle of rum and let's celebrate to all those who worked hard to bring us new mods like Mandiuscreel, Parksbanyon, Amaroy and everybody else who might have contributed recently and in the past. Last and least is me so I only get a lite version of beer. Bummer maybe next time will be better.
Smile
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Labor Day Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Party time is here. Grab a bottle of rum and let's celebrate to all those who worked hard to bring us new mods like Mandiuscreel, Parksbanyon, Amaroy and everybody else who might have contributed recently and in the past. Last and least is me so I only get a lite version of beer. Bummer maybe next time will be better.
Smile

Unfortunately, I have to work this Labor Day weekend. Not at my job, but around the house. So much for a relaxing three-day weekend....
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Labor Day Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Smile

Unfortunately, I have to work this Labor Day weekend. Not at my job, but around the house. So much for a relaxing three-day weekend....

Oh come on. Tell her to hire a plumber, carpenter or whatever and come join the festivities Laughing
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up watching my two-year-old nephew while my brother helped replace a wall. Two-year-olds are tiring!
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I didn't do one single thing that might be considered exciting. I did play with my girls the last 3 days but that's about as exciting as it got. No parties, no booze, just pick up toys and watch everything I picked up three minutes ago magically reappear.
fleetp
Boatswain

36002 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrote and did artwork on a visual novel (set in the Caribbean in 1660), cooked hot dogs on the grill, picked caterpillars off of the tomato vine.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68625 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I did play with my girls the last 3 days

First time through I misread this as "I did play with my 3 girls the last day," and I thought you had a new one. Laughing
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Pirate wrote:

First time through I misread this as "I did play with my 3 girls the last day," and I thought you had a new one. Laughing

Glad it was just a misread. Had you seen right the first time then I would have been in the booze. Smile
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were at a big Square Dance festival at the campground in the Cascades. Danced like crazy all day and drank a LOT of rum at night! Good times!!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68625 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Mr. Blue wrote:
Pirate wrote:

Glad it was just a misread. Had you seen right the first time then I would have been in the booze. Smile

That would have made daddy seem even more funny.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Salty Dog"]We were at a big Square Dance festival at the campground in the Cascades. Danced like crazy all day and drank a LOT of rum at night! Good times!![/quote]

Never danced when I was hung over. Did all mine at night while I was drinking Shocked
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, no hangovers. We dance until 10 PM and then have some drinks and knock off around midnight. Lots of fun people!
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Fortunately, no hangovers. We dance until 10 PM and then have some drinks and knock off around midnight. Lots of fun people!

Two hours would be plenty enough time for me to over do the booze. Once I grab that first one I just gotta keep going with it.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go back to the RV and grab a large plastic tumbler. I add 5 ice cubes, 3 to 4 ounces of rum and a full can of Coke and I'm all set for the rest of the evening. At 260 lbs., I burn it off quick enough to not have a hangover.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I usually go back to the RV and grab a large plastic tumbler. I add 5 ice cubes, 3 to 4 ounces of rum and a full can of Coke and I'm all set for the rest of the evening. At 260 lbs., I burn it off quick enough to not have a hangover.

That sounds like what I used to drink in college - except that I was using 151 proof rum and only weighed half that much! One drink was all I needed for the evening - I would drink half quickly and then just sip the rest over the course of the evening for buzz maintenance (that's the technical term we use in substance abuse research).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: