Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Great way to Always steal Ships and make $$$
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Colino Deani
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Great way to Always steal Ships and make $$$ Reply with quote

I have found that the best Naval Strategy is to steal a War Galleon & up grade your ship with copper plates for turning, Ion Scatlings for defense & Bronze cannon for accuracy and Grape shot for the strategy. You will need 80-100 crew members for speed.Sailor

The War galleon can fire up to 32 cannon so get 32 and you are ready!

When entering the battle always try to approach from the east since the wind will be in your favor. First attack and hit the rival ship with Ball cannon to cripple it some what.. then Pilot close enough to fire grape shot.

The Grape shot doesn't damage the ship as much because they are like little bullets.. instead they kill the enemy crew! Even if the enemy ship is fast your initial cannon ball blast(if you land them) will make their ship slower then yours so you can out maneuver them. Keep firing grape shot while monitoring the number of crew on the enemy ship... the Key is to lower the enemy crew to less then 17 men.. easily done with well aimed grape shot from 32 cannons. Then approach.. 90% of the time the enemy ship will surrender when you get close without a duel being necessary!!!

WINNING! $$$$$$$$$$$$ Very Happy

P.S
Since the War Galleon only has 90 Tons of free cargo space its smart to collect 2 merchant ships to travel with you since they have 100+ tons of free space to collect and store your booty... then Sell it to large cities for a grand payout with this you should quickly build your wealth, especially if you capture payroll and pirate ships... only keep captured ships if you are close to a friendly port and those ships have upgrades $$$
HAPPY HUNTING!

- Lord Deani
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! You have a firm grasp on sea battlestactics!
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! Have you been playing long?
Lord Colino Deani
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rusty & Fleet... Sorry about the avatar.. i'm trying to find one smaller.

But no i have not been playing this version very long, but i played the original from genesis & never forgot the game.. I was ecstatic when I found a video on this version. I quickly found it on Steam yesterday morning and have been playing since then. Its a totally addicting game.. even more the fun factor of the game is out of this world. Normally I'd be playing skyrim, but lately I have been a Pirate lol ARRG! Wink

Last edited by Lord Colino Deani on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, while Sid's Civilization is my favorite game of all time, this game is one of the ones that has been the most fun over the years.

Part of that fun is trying out different ships and exploring playstyles.

Enjoy! Victorious
Lord Colino Deani
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Yes, while Sid's Civilization is my favorite game of all time, this game is one of the ones that has been the most fun over the years.

Ahh yes I do love some Civilization V on occasion as well.. unfortunately it has become a bit redundant to me and tends to put me to sleep... the AI is not as aggressive as it was in part 3 IMO and I hate the world council Idea... boo@banning luxuries... the spy system is a bit annoying as well..... sad I was hooked to Civ 3... now Civ 5 has made me weak because I can barley beat Civ 3 on chieftain Sad
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide on avatars:
Width can be no greater than 143 pixels, the height no greater than 143 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.

You can pick a new avatar from the defaults, or if you'd prefer, I can download and resize your current avatar image, then upload it somewhere for you to download.
Lord Colino Deani
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Guide on avatars:
Width can be no greater than 143 pixels, the height no greater than 143 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.

You can pick a new avatar from the defaults, or if you'd prefer, I can download and resize your current avatar image, then upload it somewhere for you to download.

If you could resize this one for me that would be awesome!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Colino Deani wrote:

If you could resize this one for me that would be awesome!

Here's the link to the resized avatar.
Link deleted

When you see ithe picture on your screen, right click on it and save it on your hard drive.

Last edited by fleetp on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Avatar . Maybe it's what Donald Trump will look like after he takes over the White House. I'm not being neither anti or pro Trump here but the American flag draped over the throne and King Trump has the fortune and strong personality of a king so kinda why I thought that I assume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: