Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Larger Cities
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a project I've been working on. Hopefully someone will try it out and see if it makes the game any more interesting, harder, easier. etc. The cities, names ,locations, nationality's are the same. The cities themselves have been modified. Another thing if your favorite city is in one era but you want to play in a different era then don't worry. All cities in the game will show up no matter what era you play in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gsf8kqcgwdnszpm/AACSgm9xBUZBuvIQpSyhkyFQa?dl=0
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I stole this skirt right off a school girls butt. More than one way to get a texture I suppose. Wah da ya thank about this der lassy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wr2scbd1odiwmas/Screenshot%202017-02-17%2019.44.07.png?dl=0

Her arms seem to be a lighter shade than the rest of her. But I suppose most pirates wouldn't be looking at her arms . . .
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Pirate wrote:
I stole this skirt right off a school girls butt. More than one way to get a texture I suppose. Wah da ya thank about this der lassy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wr2scbd1odiwmas/Screenshot%202017-02-17%2019.44.07.png?dl=0

Her arms seem to be a lighter shade than the rest of her. But I suppose most pirates wouldn't be looking at her arms . . .
u

Yup. She wasn't really finished yet. I noticed that too.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Here is a project I've been working on. Hopefully someone will try it out and see if it makes the game any more interesting, harder, easier. etc. The cities, names ,locations, nationality's are the same. The cities themselves have been modified. Another thing if your favorite city is in one era but you want to play in a different era then don't worry. All cities in the game will show up no matter what era you play in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gsf8kqcgwdnszpm/AACSgm9xBUZBuvIQpSyhkyFQa?dl=0

Pirate,
Can you be more specific on what modifications you made to the cities?
Very respectfully,
fleetp
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically what I did was used the default city of Havana for all the cities. We all know that Havana is one of the largest and important cities in the Carribean. This will make some of the previous normally worthless cities to become something. Also I made all cities available in all ere's just for the fun of it. All of Adammills tweeks are also included except for ironman and cannonball as I feel these two might not be as popular as the others.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Basically what I did was used the default city of Havana for all the cities. We all know that Havana is one of the largest and important cities in the Carribean. This will make some of the previous normally worthless cities to become something. Also I made all cities available in all ere's just for the fun of it. All of Adammills tweeks are also included except for ironman and cannonball as I feel these two might not be as popular as the others.

Thank you for doing this!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Pirate wrote:

Your welcome. Tell me how you think after giving it a go.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
fleetp wrote:
Pirate wrote:

Your welcome. Tell me how you think after giving it a go.

How do I use it? When I unzipped it I saw the Caribbean.exe file file and an empty folder named 'Larger Cities' Confused

I won't have a chance to test it until 27 FEB (limited access to my desktop PC). Sad

Very respectfully,
fleet
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't added any texture mods or anything like that with it. Assuming you already have the game installed then just drop this down in the game folder that already has the pirates.exe in it. I named this one Carribean so it wouldn't overwright your original in case you want to play the stock version again. if you want to play my version just click on Carribean and to go back just click on Pirates. It's that simple.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I haven't added any texture mods or anything like that with it. Assuming you already have the game installed then just drop this down in the game folder that already has the pirates.exe in it. I named this one Carribean so it wouldn't overwright your original in case you want to play the stock version again. if you want to play my version just click on Carribean and to go back just click on Pirates. It's that simple.

Thanks for the explanation, now I understand how to use it. Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case I wasn't clear the folder that said Larger Cities isn't needed for anything at all. I just used that to store the exe. All you need is the exe called Carribean and drop it in your game folder. Since it is named Carribean it makes it easier for you to not overwright the pirates exe. You will now have two exe in your game and both will work but not at the same time. Which ever version you want to play then click on that icon to start the game. The name Carribean will not keep it from working. It doesn't have to be named Pirates!exe. This way you don't have to go dragging in and out different exe. And risking the chance of overwrightin something.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops we must have been wrighting out last posts at the same time but I finished last. Oh well it's still good information for someone to know.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody tried my Larger City mod yet Crying or Very sad

Maybe nobody like the game anymore.

I think I'll recruit some help Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/209zxqepyj11l2u/Screenshot%202017-03-06%2004.32.01.png?dl=0
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Nobody tried my Larger City mod yet Crying or Very sad

Maybe nobody like the game anymore.

I think I'll recruit some help Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/209zxqepyj11l2u/Screenshot%202017-03-06%2004.32.01.png?dl=0

I started playing again, with a fresh install on my current computer. When I finish this game, I'll be ready for a mod.

While the general idea of larger cities appeals to me, I'm not so sure I'd like a map full of Havanas and Puerto Bellos. 3 or 400 defenders are fine, 5 or 600, not so much. Well, If the barmaids are hotter, maybe I won't mind stopping at the Pirate Havens more often to coordinate an attack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: