Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Panama
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Panama Reply with quote

I've been through the Canal and just stopped for a couple of hours in Colon on the East side of the canal but I can't say I actually went to Panama City, Puerto Bello or Nombre de Dios. I was close, though. Here is a picture of what it looks like passing through the Panama Canal...

[img][/img]
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if we could mod this into the map and sail in that chunk of the Pacific that's been off-limits Shocked haha, along with the Florida barge canal and the Krabi Peninsula in Thailand, this game really makes you appreciate the value of such shortcuts
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice to have a map of Southeast Asia then we could a mod a ASEAN Sea mod.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played with the textures to open up a huge canal in Panama. It looks like you should be able to get to the Pacific, but you can't sail into it, there's an invisible wall where the coastline had been Laughing

Pirate wrote:
Be nice to have a map of Southeast Asia then we could a mod a ASEAN Sea mod.

You know the east indies mod could have just been SE Asia, the scale might have fit better. Although, islands would be huge, and having India in there is a nice touch
corsair91
Sailing Master

206141 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any Howto guide as to creating the in game maps?

Western & Eastern Atlantic, North Sea, Baltic, Irish & Celtic seas, English channel and the Med historically had lots of piracy and privateering during conflicts, which were a regular occurance.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unpacked the exe and in the list of files is a bunch of bmp and targa files, I just opened in photoshop the ones that show the relevant section of Panama and used "fill" to replace pixels (dark blue water cutting through the middle).

It's not stable though, I'm sure there are some hex files that call on certain areas of the map, and when those areas go missing the whole map fails.

Comparing the files in the default unpacked exe to jlangsdo's east indies mod can be illuminating though. Check what he's done and see if you feel like colouring in a bunch of maps of a new area the same way Smile

if you want to see what I did, open these and zoom in, maybe unpack the default exe and compare the same files:

EDIT: deleted link, not supported (couldn't complete the map transition without jlangsdo's tools)

If you want to play with it, these go in assets, maybe customs too, I would delete them after you've checked out the "canal" though as it might not be stable long-term

Last edited by themodelcitizen on Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated the link but I think the one you grabbed had some extra files, it was only the "coastal8" group that I actually touched
corsair91
Sailing Master

206141 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen original mediafire link is now dead

Mirror link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_XjgixdRIojh2YkcDNeip7ParLCYGQqH/view?usp=sharing

themodelcitizen panamacanal.rar

EDIT:
see themodelcitizen comments in the next post

Last edited by corsair91 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted because it's not supported, I was just messing around and it might crash your game. There are map files I can't get at without reverse-engineering jlangsdo's work further
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: